April 30, 2024, 03:10:07 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.  (Read 14422 times)

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 05:51:59 am »
Then explain to me why players like -favorite-, vampp, shyfter and many other ancient people to me are here to scare away new and I want us to explain their because they have not understood than this city hub is a clean city where one comes to help and not kill new players.
I'm the kindest person in the world, and if I find a good man than I am, I'll kill him and again become the kindest man in the world!

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 09:47:53 am »
And no one here sees the difference between. PVP EVERYWHERE VS No PVP in 10 squares + PVP everywhere is ok.

:facepalm

And when this be ingame someone again post thread like "Kills me at 11 square. Why oh why?"

Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 05:42:31 pm »
there will be no mercy for newbs. all shall perish until I am but a mess of blood and bone on the floor.
A new level of shit-poasting.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 09:43:35 am »
I'm the kindest person in the world, and if I find a better man than I am, I'll kill him and again become the kindest man in the world!

there will be no mercy for newbs. all shall perish until I am but a mess of blood and bone on the floor.

This is the sentiment that will ensures this game never grows. And this sentiment shouldn't be commonplace either. Why have balanced PVP when no one wants to fight balanced opponents?

And no one here sees the difference between. PVP EVERYWHERE VS No PVP in 10 squares + PVP everywhere is ok.

:facepalm

And when this be ingame someone again post thread like "Kills me at 11 square. Why oh why?"
No it won't you blind man.
I don't see thousands of posts of OH NOES I DIED AT BH.
Only OH NOES SOMEONE KILLED IN THE HUB OMGee

A simple, note when entering the HUB, PVP is disabled in and around a 3 radius of the HUB. Will make it very clear.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:20:43 am by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 10:57:00 am »
Only OH NOES SOMEONE KILLED IN THE HUB OMGee

So? What reason can force a newbie to learn a game more than be killed near hub? I have been killed near boneyard many times when start playing and post thread like this complain about that. Comments in that thread forces me to rethink my attitude to game. Its like poor people want to rich people have high taxes instead of want to be rich.

Why have balanced PVP when no one wants to fight balanced opponents?

LoL. Level and other things makes that PvP be never balanced. Always be a char with more skill/implant/experience/stimpaks/knowledge about game mechanics. If someone dont want learn then dont play. Is simple.

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 10:57:52 am »
I dont like the 10 square idea, I like the hostile wasteland.
When I first started I got pk`ed a lot and it was very difficult to gather resources without getting shot. I like this harshness, makes it fun and when your strong enough to fight back it is rewarding and satisfying :-)
If you make it to the hub your safe, if your in the wasteland anything can happen, even in the square outside town, it is the wasteland after all...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »
I'm in favor of making the 8 zones immediately adjacent to each town be part of a "Town Protection System" where, yes you can be hunted by PKs, but where NPC guards from that town have a high chance to spawn in and, according to certain checks*, shoot whichever players have negative rep. They might shoot the PK or they might shoot the defender lol! It would create some funny things but mainly it would provide a semi-protective atmosphere when that close to a town, so beginners can gather resources there with slightly more confidence. It is realistic that the worst crimes (murder) would be somewhat thwarted by the townsfolk.

Checks
* In combat only, and
* More than 1 player in the encounter

(So the NPCs don't show up and shoot a single guy gathering flowers or fighting geckos.)

This would lead to the crafter types doing what it takes to get positive rep in multiple towns. PKs might do the same thing though, so this would not make a perfectly safe area. A very resourceful PK would work hard to get higher rep than his prey, and then use the Hub Patrols to PK you even harsher! So watch out. But the lazy PK would likely not bother.

Don't mess with the rest of the map - it should stay harsh wasteland.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:51:54 pm by Henry »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 06:33:11 pm »
Hub just recently went full care bear, and you guys want more?

Unbelievable.

Even if you get your way, in six months you'll be crying to make if safer.  That's how this has always worked.

Give you guys an inch and you want a mile.

::)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 06:39:37 pm »

Well not me. Give some, and i might suggest a little more, but only in small steps, and hopefully toward a realistic balance. They are called Hub Patrols, right? So what do they patrol? Nothing. They don't do anything. At least my suggestion gets them doing something - patrolling for murderers.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 07:12:47 pm »
Hub just recently went full care bear, and you guys want more?

Unbelievable.

Even if you get your way, in six months you'll be crying to make if safer.  That's how this has always worked.

::)

Ask for a mile get an inch, I've been suggesting this for years.

Though I do admit Henry's Suggestion while interesting proves you justified about the way everything works(Pk'ing buffs I.E. stealth nerf is another example of PK'ers who whined eventually getting their way over time inch my inch until they got a mile.). Still Henry is right that cities with patrols should be safer in the wastes why have patrols kill if they don't save anyone?

If the HUB patrols are watching over you then there shouldn't be any easy PK'ing. Though realistically it should apply to all patrols of NCR and HUB.

I stand for only the HUB being truely PVP free to avoid easy spawn killing.

The problem is people killing nubs at spawn not that nubs have a harsh wasteland. The HUB offers little resources. So PK'ers shouldn't even be there at all. Aside from hunting patrols. Which is farming. Which PK'ers shouldn't do as they have TC.

You shouldn't have a game where the starting point on the map is a camping zone for PK'ing, the hotest spot for newbie killing. If you want to kill newbies take em out at NCR, Junktown, or someplace other than spawn if newbies are too rare then its your fault for spawn killing them. If you stop killing them when bluesuit eventually enough will build up where going anywhere will get you newbies to kill.

The lack of patience of PK'ers is why the HUB should be a safe zone IMO.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:21:15 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 10:41:35 pm »

Ask for a mile get an inch, I've been suggesting this for years.

Though I do admit Henry's Suggestion while interesting proves you justified about the way everything works(Pk'ing buffs I.E. stealth nerf is another example of PK'ers who whined eventually getting their way over time inch my inch until they got a mile.). Still Henry is right that cities with patrols should be safer in the wastes why have patrols kill if they don't save anyone?

If the HUB patrols are watching over you then there shouldn't be any easy PK'ing. Though realistically it should apply to all patrols of NCR and HUB.

I stand for only the HUB being truely PVP free to avoid easy spawn killing.

The problem is people killing nubs at spawn not that nubs have a harsh wasteland. The HUB offers little resources. So PK'ers shouldn't even be there at all. Aside from hunting patrols. Which is farming. Which PK'ers shouldn't do as they have TC.

You shouldn't have a game where the starting point on the map is a camping zone for PK'ing, the hotest spot for newbie killing. If you want to kill newbies take em out at NCR, Junktown, or someplace other than spawn if newbies are too rare then its your fault for spawn killing them. If you stop killing them when bluesuit eventually enough will build up where going anywhere will get you newbies to kill.

The lack of patience of PK'ers is why the HUB should be a safe zone IMO.

This isn't about "But I won't be able to PK!".

This is about making a certain part of the game too safe.  The last 12-15 months have given us approximately a half dozen or more features intended to make the game safer and more palatable for new players, and as usual that isn't enough.  At some point, you cross a line where the game just doesn't have the same appeal, and there will be no challenge left for newer players.

I've come to the conclusion that many players don't want that challenge, they just want to not die, and hamster stuff.  The easiest route to achieve that is to petition the Dev's to protect them, instead of developing the skills and habits necessary to protect themselves.

I honestly don't believe the game will be better for it.  I don't want your shovel, flowers, junk, and 13/43% leather jacket anyway.

As far as the OP, he's not new.  He should know better than to drop in on a flare trap, and then run to the forums and whine about it.

You are responsible, not the lack of "rules".

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 02:50:49 am »
This isn't about "But I won't be able to PK!".

This is about making a certain part of the game too safe.  The last 12-15 months have given us approximately a half dozen or more features intended to make the game safer and more palatable for new players, and as usual that isn't enough.  At some point, you cross a line where the game just doesn't have the same appeal, and there will be no challenge left for newer players.

I've come to the conclusion that many players don't want that challenge, they just want to not die, and hamster stuff.  The easiest route to achieve that is to petition the Dev's to protect them, instead of developing the skills and habits necessary to protect themselves.

I honestly don't believe the game will be better for it.  I don't want your shovel, flowers, junk, and 13/43% leather jacket anyway.

As far as the OP, he's not new.  He should know better than to drop in on a flare trap, and then run to the forums and whine about it.

You are responsible, not the lack of "rules".
Actually it is about PK'ers just whining about not being able to PK. Especially when the mentality is no PK'ing around HUB. Plenty of previous posts have made it clear the whining is about not being able to spawn kill.

Art - Shady Sands shuffle (Steal BOOM)
Challenge - Minigun to face in town.
Sport - Hunting Newbies by patrolling looking for encounters.

The challenge of the game doesn't actually change. Because its not a challenge to die. Its not a challenge if a bluesuit loses to a APA Bozar and his 4 HPA Avenger/Gatling buddies(In game probs just CA + Avenger). The HUB offers practically no inherent resources aside from HUB patrols. Which newbs won't and can't kill. The only players that kill other players at the HUB do it for the sport of spawn killing a few newbs.

The only way to avoid being killed at the HUB as a newbie is either to get lucky, or to move elsewhere ASAP. If the newbie spawn is 20x times tougher than a place meant for higher level tanks there's something very wrong. I can solo 8 NCR Army soldiers, but if I find a well made PVP build I'm toast at...THE HUB. the HUB is a beacon of PK'ing and most of my PVP deaths come from the HUB area.

Spawn killing is not a challenge nor right of passage. I don't care that out there at San Fran a nub got roasted nor at the NCR. The HUB however is different. You can actually get killed before walking into the HUB by a PK'er. Walk a lil ---> Encounter ---> Minigun to face.

yes there are unspoken "rules" but they aren't "taught" because all you know is that you died at the one place you thought was safe. - Better now that Suicide bombings are a thing of the past.

If the dying had meaning 2 minutes into the game then tell me all about it. Its not about flares, its not about avoiding players already in encounters. The problem is that so many high level players will actively seek out to kill newbs around the HUB. The flares don't help the matter either.

What is the loss of challenge if the safe zone is in a place where you get practically no loot? EXP is gained faster by crafting. The only thing being lost in terms of challenge here is safe travel into some random raider encounter.

The HUB was never a challenge, it was a a frying pan, that's hotter than the fire used to heat it.

If you really think so highly of challenge then ban the WIKI, Ban all Player help guides. Ban Helping players.

Not everything can be learned from the wiki or guides, they're bound to leave some things out. However, the wiki and guides will take most of the "Challenge" Right outta the game. More so then a simple safe zone that should be for every patrol anyway.

And Most older players don't care about newbie loot. Its an obvious case of killing at spawn cause it takes no effort and they like trolling the newbies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Newbs will be newbies. The changes won't stop a horrible build from being mauled by raiders. But it'll make an area that was supposed to be challenging to newbies challenging instead of impossible. Most newbies that die at spawn will think that other areas will be worse and quit thinking they'll just die again, also if they die without a tent they're stuck.
-Reloaded is getting more and more people to pop in, some forums consider reloaded to be a better experience then Fonline 2.
-Even if a safe zone won't make a world of difference it'll make PK'ers have to hunt their prey instead of just waiting at spawn. If anything this should enhance the experience as the wasteland as a whole becomes more dangerous as outside the HUB things will be more unexpected for a new player. As the Hunters are catching prey...
-The safe zone will make the Wasteland more likely to have the campers moving about to catch new players. This increase in the area where PK'ing happens will actually increase challenge in the game. As avoiding death isn't as simple as GET OUT OF NEWBIE SPAWN!!! APA ASSHOLE ON THE LOOSE!!!

Think I've been PK'ed 3 times at Junktown, once at NCR, twice at ~Boneyard, once at San Fran, 10 times at the HUB. Never at the Den, BH, ETC...the TC towns...where there are PVP gangs supposedly...

So where's the challenge if the "Hottest" Zones are cooler than Newbie spawn?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:58:49 am by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2015, 03:37:49 am »
Carebears did this to themselves - begging and pleading for a safe HUB. Now every player in the games comes to hub to hang out, trade, chat and idle, and now you blame the PVPERS for the newbs getting PKED outside the Hub.

Hub is the where the majority of the games population is concentrated, and as a PVPER I go to where the people are to kill.

You can cry about but the TC go do the TC, but unfortunately you can't start a TC timer with one person. So my only other choice would be to sit and wait in a town for someone to stroll in, or I could easily patrol around hub and find some one to shoot, I don't give a shit if they are new or old. People are around the hub and that is where they will find my bullets.
A new level of shit-poasting.

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 04:04:18 am »
I think a better idea if anything was made for to care for a bit would maybe a 48hour safe zone for people to live from time account was made. no need to take a portion of the map and make it safe forever.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2015, 04:26:04 am »
I think a better idea if anything was made for to care for a bit would maybe a 48hour safe zone for people to live from time account was made. no need to take a portion of the map and make it safe forever.

This could be abused for locker hunting. Get crafting mats + Tag Traps + Lockpicks. Now you have 48 hours to get all the lockers you want no risk of death. A small area of protection and in that area has poor resources makes more sense. No room for abuse.

Carebears did this to themselves - begging and pleading for a safe HUB. Now every player in the games comes to hub to hang out, trade, chat and idle, and now you blame the PVPERS for the newbs getting PKED outside the Hub.

Hub is the where the majority of the games population is concentrated, and as a PVPER I go to where the people are to kill.

You can cry about but the TC go do the TC, but unfortunately you can't start a TC timer with one person. So my only other choice would be to sit and wait in a town for someone to stroll in, or I could easily patrol around hub and find some one to shoot, I don't give a shit if they are new or old. People are around the hub and that is where they will find my bullets.

Sounds like my idea is more IMPT because of this mentality. If there's no PVP around HUB problem solved. There was always killing near the HUB that never changed. Just now the HUB itself is safe. Lets make it safer so PK'ing gets shifted to say NCR where newbies won't get hit in the Crossfire.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:34:33 am by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.