April 28, 2024, 08:33:16 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Got a new Job suggestion?  (Read 28679 times)

Urukhai

• View Profile
Re: Got a new Job suggestion?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 11:13:40 am »
Enclave/BoS/NCR Ranger soldier service.

Playing for Enclave:
- While farming NCR Rangers or BoS patrols, pick their Dog Tags and bring them to Chris in Navarro

Reward the player with somekind of karma points, caps and stuff. (Karma would only change the dialog options and give the player some special permissions in Navarro and some special stuff, so if he resets his Karma, he will reset all his priveleges).

10 - Ranger Dog Tags => 2000 caps, weapon the player gonna chose
10 - BoS Dog Tags => 4000 caps, randomly imporved  weapon the player gonna chose

50 - Ranger Dog Tags => 10 000 caps, enclave armor set, weapon
50 - BoS Dog Tags => 20 000 caps, superior encalve armor set, superior weapon

100 - Ranger Dog Tags => 50 000 caps, superior encalve armor set, gauss pistol, 100 2mm EC
100 - BoS Dog Tags => 75 000 caps , advanced enclave armor set, gauss rifle, 200 2mm EC

250 - Ranger Dog Tags => 75 000 caps, advanced enclave armor set, bozar
250 - BoS Dog Tags => 100 000 caps, unique encalve armor set, vindicator minigun, 300 4.7 caseless

500 - Ranger Dog Tags => 150 000 caps, x2 unique enclave armor sets, bozar, vindicator minigun + 500 caseless
500 - BoS Dog Tags => 250 000 caps, x5 unique encalve armor sets, bozar, vindicator minigun, gauss rifel + 750 of each ammo

1000 - Ranger Dog Tags => 300 000 caps Advanced Power Armor set, corvega, an Enclave Soldier companion (if karma reseted the companion automatically leaves)
1000 - BoS Dog Tags => 500 000 caps, Advanced Power Armor set, Vertibird, an Enclave Soldier Companion (if karma reseted the companion automatically leaves)

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:24 pm »
I agree with Styles. i hate the fact that the only way to make auto-use of private mines is with slaves. Why not just workers? Why must they be slaves specifically?

Styles, making an orphanage map using the church tiles is on my list to do someday but as always i need more time and practice with the mapper. (I wish you'd try it.)

Workers instead of slaves would be great. 100,000k for the mines and another 10k or so for a worker. Max of two workers. Workers should count as companions. The workers leave after you buy a new mine, unless you pay them again.

As for the the map maker. I have tried a couple of times to get it working. But with no luck. I have read everything there is I believe to be read on the subject on these forums. Sooner or later I might be able to get an old friend to help get it working.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 10:54:00 pm »
Enclave/BoS/NCR Ranger soldier service.

Playing for Enclave:
- While farming NCR Rangers or BoS patrols, pick their Dog Tags and bring them to Chris in Navarro

Reward the player with somekind of karma points, caps and stuff. (Karma would only change the dialog options and give the player some special permissions in Navarro and some special stuff, so if he resets his Karma, he will reset all his priveleges).

10 - Ranger Dog Tags => 2000 caps, weapon the player gonna chose
10 - BoS Dog Tags => 4000 caps, randomly imporved  weapon the player gonna chose

50 - Ranger Dog Tags => 10 000 caps, enclave armor set, weapon
50 - BoS Dog Tags => 20 000 caps, superior encalve armor set, superior weapon

100 - Ranger Dog Tags => 50 000 caps, superior encalve armor set, gauss pistol, 100 2mm EC
100 - BoS Dog Tags => 75 000 caps , advanced enclave armor set, gauss rifle, 200 2mm EC

250 - Ranger Dog Tags => 75 000 caps, advanced enclave armor set, bozar
250 - BoS Dog Tags => 100 000 caps, unique encalve armor set, vindicator minigun, 300 4.7 caseless

500 - Ranger Dog Tags => 150 000 caps, x2 unique enclave armor sets, bozar, vindicator minigun + 500 caseless
500 - BoS Dog Tags => 250 000 caps, x5 unique encalve armor sets, bozar, vindicator minigun, gauss rifel + 750 of each ammo

1000 - Ranger Dog Tags => 300 000 caps Advanced Power Armor set, corvega, an Enclave Soldier companion (if karma reseted the companion automatically leaves)
1000 - BoS Dog Tags => 500 000 caps, Advanced Power Armor set, Vertibird, an Enclave Soldier Companion (if karma reseted the companion automatically leaves)

+1 I love it! It would bring some nice grind to the game. Grind has been missing for far too long now. By the time you killed 1000 BoS dudes, you deserve a good reward like that. This is a great idea.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 10:00:11 am »
Yeah let's make grindfest necessary in order to participate in PvP because you'll get owned by those who don't do anything but kill BoS all day and wear APA. Great idea, +1

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 10:58:22 am »
Yeah let's make grindfest necessary in order to participate in PvP because you'll get owned by those who don't do anything but kill BoS all day and wear APA. Great idea, +1

It's just an Idea lol. I dunno, make it somehow possible, that those who always farm and go beyond 250 kills, get always visible on the map because of an automatic flare when they are in encounter. You can always spawn inside and kill em all. Otherways with the Taylorism craft system you made, I can always stay in my base get a shitload of exp and gear and I won't have to farm (what I'm actually never doing).

Farming 1000 BoS it's kinda long and boring (as for me). And farming 1000 more for another APA, bitch please, I'll better go kill some players and loot the same shit. Bacause those as you said who don't do anything but kill BoS all day and wear APA. won't be a big deal for PvP experienced players. At least I played a lot of time with regular gear against high tier weapons and armors and won these fights, so your argument is weak, sorry.

You have to join the faction in order to get these rewards, you have to maintain your karma, even if you do a second alt to join enclave and farm the shit, you need time for it. I don't talk about those hardcores which are playing 24/7, they aren't that many anyway, and one or another day they will lose the stuff they earned.  There are still on this server players, that will rather make rare stuff carpets than to use it in PvP.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:26 pm »
In original Fallout 2 you could find Enclave soldier bodies all around the Mariposa Military Base. As far as I can remember, they had an excavation team, that was looking for FEV. They hired miners from Redding to dig through debris. Later the miners mutated and became super mutants. They murdered Enclave soldiers...

So you could make some quest chain thet portraits those events. Hiring and collecting miners from Redding, travelling to Mariposa, guarding the miners, collecting FEV samples, defending agains mutated miners, and falling back from Mariposa.
It could happen on cloned Mariposa location, which would be instanced (visible only for the ones who took  the quest).

Similar thing could be done for Hubologists and Ares Rocket Silo. In Fallout 2 the Hubologists were preparing to launch a missle/shuttle into space... So you would need to collect some data from the Ares location considering rocket propulsion etc.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 05:06:55 am »

It's just an Idea lol. I dunno, make it somehow possible, that those who always farm and go beyond 250 kills, get always visible on the map because of an automatic flare when they are in encounter. You can always spawn inside and kill em all. Otherways with the Taylorism craft system you made, I can always stay in my base get a shitload of exp and gear and I won't have to farm (what I'm actually never doing).

Farming 1000 BoS it's kinda long and boring (as for me). And farming 1000 more for another APA, bitch please, I'll better go kill some players and loot the same shit. Bacause those as you said who don't do anything but kill BoS all day and wear APA. won't be a big deal for PvP experienced players. At least I played a lot of time with regular gear against high tier weapons and armors and won these fights, so your argument is weak, sorry.

You have to join the faction in order to get these rewards, you have to maintain your karma, even if you do a second alt to join enclave and farm the shit, you need time for it. I don't talk about those hardcores which are playing 24/7, they aren't that many anyway, and one or another day they will lose the stuff they earned.  There are still on this server players, that will rather make rare stuff carpets than to use it in PvP.
I like the general concept of being able to turn in dog tags for rewards. But lets keep it from passing like Pancor/Sniper/Avenger/Laser/CA MKII/Ranger CA level. 10 for a gun, 25 for the armor.

IRL you can't kill 1000000 Insurgents and be gifted a tactical jet. But maybe some unofficial kick backs for being badass. Kickbacks that don't go beyond what the person giving you as to offer.
In Maintenance Mode.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 09:44:25 am »
IRL you can't survive a mauser eyeshot, and if you do, a simple doctor skill wouldn't give your eye's initial shape and function.
This was just an example, you can ofc change all these rewards omg...

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 06:40:05 am »
Recovery Job:
A caravan has an overdue twam. The route was fixed, but only two maps exist. The caravan owner has one, master has the other.
Your job: Find the caravan. You'll get the map (a line [blue? green? yellow?] temporarily forms on wm) to follow. Just follow that line and you WILL find the caravan- or what's left of it.
The cow is still alive, but the crew is dead/dying. Eh, say a half-dozen raiders, medium-grade weaps. Defeat them, you can take the caravan back. You'll face all the usual problems of a brahmin cart, but IF you succeed you'll be handsomely rewarded- 10 times the usual fee, +100 local rep, and 1,000XP. Recover at least crewman alive, and you'll be protected from random encos with PLAYERS (but not critters).
Steal the contents, and the local guards will shoot on site- No excuses needed.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 06:57:33 pm »
Rescue the Caravan workers from the Cannibals.

A worker escaped and told his boss that there is a group of Cannibals in the area that have taken out a caravan. It's up to you to help free them. But they aren't normal cannibals.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 07:23:38 am »
Rescue the Caravan workers from the Cannibals.

A worker escaped and told his boss that there is a group of Cannibals in the area that have taken out a caravan. It's up to you to help free them. But they aren't normal cannibals.
YEEEES!!!!! The only thing i hate more than cannibals is slavers!!!!!
And make THESE cannibles reasonable strong- more like slavers or even ma-clad trappers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:28 pm »
1. Caravan guard missions should be redone. They should look like on FO2 - it's perfect there.
2. Make other "guard missions", that would look almost exactly as the caravan missions. For example Scout area with BoS patrol. You would take some route around BoS bunker and Mariposa base. Or take a patrol with the NCR Army (it would have some other route)
3. All those "guard missions" would have different difficulity. The harder they get, the better the rewards are:
easy - caravan guard (with no special "hooded assholes" encounters with 500hp)
medium - NCR Army Patrol and some caravan missions (with harder, unique encounters)
hard - BoS Patrol (with hard unique encos)
Hardcore - ??? (with super hard unique encos)

Right now the caravans are either too easy or WAAAY too damn hard. They look like a damn russian roulette.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 04:47:44 am »
Make option to have single player caravans in TB.
No one else cares therefore no one should care.
In Maintenance Mode.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 03:53:15 am »
New Caravan job for new players. Create a small caravan outfit in the Hub. I am thinking it could be a new company, like "Two Guys and a Brahmin Caravan and Co."

New players can go to them. They don't have enough money to pay for good help. You have no weapons, no armour, no problem. They will give you leather armour and a hunting rifle. It could be based on your skill. Such as "what are you best at." So energy would get a laser pistol, Big Guns a flamer, Small guns a hunting rifle, Unarmed a power fist and the ammo to go with it. (weapons optional but low level). A stimpak and a nuka-cola and when the job is done 50 caps or so.

The guys will only take you to Junk Town maybe NCR. I am thinking only low level enemies can be encountered, ants, rats, and such.

Once you get to X level you can no longer go with this caravan. Something about "you're to good to be with the likes of us" or "We don't trust people who are that good."

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:55:30 am by Styles »

Moep

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »
BoS

Gather high tec weaponry for them (whatever we could consider as that)
+Rep +xp

Raider

Raider jobs like
-raid (or lead a raid) on a caravan
-murder jobs

Enclave

-infect super mutants with FEV