April 28, 2024, 12:39:26 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Got a new Job suggestion?  (Read 28680 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Got a new Job suggestion?
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2015, 08:34:59 pm »
What are some fun items to craft?

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2015, 09:07:51 pm »
Not sure if you still want job suggestions. I also don't know if this is already possible but:

Slaver Run: The Slavers at the Den every couple of game days go out and hunt for slaves. You can sign up to go with them. While with them you capture the max amount of slaves you can catch, but then you go up to the head slave master and hand your slaves over to him. So that way you can keep catching slaves.  The slave Caravan then travels from towns around the North. Could have some outposts that only show up when you join the caravan. Some safe houses so players who are out slaving can drop off their catch.

You get paid while with them. Just like other caravans other players can enter the encounter and fight those slaving. 

Edit: Wiki says slave runs are possible but this suggestion is a different take on it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:51:07 pm by Styles »

Nurglak

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2015, 06:55:24 am »
I have been thinking. We have the Gun Runners. But what about introducing the Van Graffs?

I know they didn't become big until after the events of Fallout 2 and this game is set before that. But still have a small group who call themselves the Van Graffs based in Redding. They do all their business in Gold.

I am thinking you come across a young man named Tiaret Van Graff he has a new company. One day his family will be bigger then the Gun Runners just you wait and see. He isn't a nice man by any means.

Some jobs he could have for you would be:

To intercept Gun Runner shipments. Go to the Gun Runners and accept the mission to send a package to one of the towns. But you don't take it to the town, you bring it to the Van Graffs. There the VG will give you a package that looks just like the GR package and you take that to the original town.  The reason for this is that the VG have figured out how to open up the GR packages. They take what is inside for themselves and replace it with junk.

The Van Graffs are also interested in buying blueprints for energy weapons, energy weapons, HQ alloys and metals as well as power cells and Uranium.

They could also have some assassination missions for you. Targets being Brotherhood members, Gun Runners and other criminals and other small company owners.

They could have scout missions for you.. such as travel to Navarro, get inside Lost Hills and the Gun Runner's base. Each with some goal gathering weapons knowledge. Or simply observe. This could be done with dialogue. Such as Tiaret asks "So what kind of Tech are the Brotherhood hiding in that bunker of theirs?" And you can have options to lie to them, give them basic knowledge, if you have high science and intelligence that gives them awesome insist on the tech.

Do the Gun Runners have a caravan? If not they should and the Van Graffs could ask you to attack it.

They Van Graffs could have people that go Caravan hunting. You can sign up to go with them.

Van Graffs are already in the game see caravan companies names ...
but idea is nice

jasoncowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2015, 11:29:59 am »
I have been thinking. We have the Gun Runners. But what about introducing the Van Graffs?

I know they didn't become big until after the events of Fallout 2 and this game is set before that. But still have a small group who call themselves the Van Graffs based in Redding. They do all their business in Gold.

I am thinking you come across a young man named Tiaret Van Graff he has a new company. One day his family will be bigger then the Gun Runners just you wait and see. He isn't a nice man by any means.

Some jobs he could have for you would be:

To intercept Gun Runner shipments. Go to the Gun Runners and accept the mission to send a package to one of the towns. But you don't take it to the town, you bring it to the Van Graffs. There the VG will give you a package that looks just like the GR package and you take that to the original town.  The reason for this is that the VG have figured out how to open up the GR packages. They take what is inside for themselves and replace it with junk.

The Van Graffs are also interested in buying blueprints for energy weapons, energy weapons, HQ alloys and metals as well as power cells and Uranium.

They could also have some assassination missions for you. Targets being Brotherhood members, Gun Runners and other criminals and other small company owners.

They could have scout missions for you.. such as travel to Navarro, get inside Lost Hills and the Gun Runner's base. Each with some goal gathering weapons knowledge. Or simply observe. This could be done with dialogue. Such as Tiaret asks "So what kind of Tech are the Brotherhood hiding in that bunker of theirs?" And you can have options to lie to them, give them basic knowledge, if you have high science and intelligence that gives them awesome insist on the tech.

Do the Gun Runners have a caravan? If not they should and the Van Graffs could ask you to attack it.

They Van Graffs could have people that go Caravan hunting. You can sign up to go with them.

Van Graffs are already in the game see caravan companies names ...
but idea is nice
the current Van Graffs needs some rebalancing tho. Fighting through a shitload of mad warriors every encounter sure is tough for a squishy guy like me.