April 29, 2024, 12:22:14 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Is suicide bombing possible  (Read 4386 times)

Is suicide bombing possible
« on: February 01, 2015, 01:15:27 am »
with a high enough traps skill? Also is it effective? (like does it do >150 damage one hex away from a target)

also can you queue like 3 or 4 dynamite at once in your inventory so they all explode simultaneously?

Styles

• View Profile
Re: Is suicide bombing possible
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 01:29:54 am »
From what I can tell it is possible. But not at the Hub or Barter Ground. Explosives do not set off other explosives.

Blowing yourself up and taking out others in places like NCR I believe is frowned upon anyways. Do it to often and it could get you banned(?)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:32:33 am by Styles »

Strike

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 01:36:21 am »
also can you queue like 3 or 4 dynamite at once in your inventory so they all explode simultaneously?

Fixes 15/07/2014
- Explosion of C4/dynamite removes all armed C4/dynamites inside explosion radius (by mojuk)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:54:12 am »
Wait, game banned or city banned?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:16:14 am »
If you do it "often" it could be fastlog or dual log since it could be considered PVP related after all.

If you kill Real players that seems to be PVP, and if you kill the guards so that no one can protect the people that'll also be the same as disabling the PVP safeguard.

Though I don't think bombings are ban worthy.

-Random Muse.
In Maintenance Mode.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:10:26 am »
After fixes (see Strike's post above) and NoPvP/NoSteal in Hub and Barter Ground locations, I don't think anyone could be banned for bombings... maybe during events.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »
Bombing was already nerfed 1000 000 times, because of crybabies and carebears.

- At first you could blow up C4 in your inventory and survive it. It was nerfed that you die instantly if you do that.
- Then you could just blow up people by putting C4s on ground. First it was nerfed in Hub, where you can't kill anyone anymore. Then it was even more nerfed, so you can't put more than one C4, cause after first explosion other C4s disappear.
- Then we've found out that you CAN kill people in Hub by planting C4 in their inventory. Now you can't use steal on players in Hub...

So to answer your question:
You can do suicide bombing in cities other than Hub, but you will die instantly and you won't kill anyone, cause one C4 isn't enough to kill. Unless you blow up a bluesuit or wounded player.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:05:56 pm by Kirkor »

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 11:25:23 pm »
Nuke Polish was banned not long ago for bombing in hub, apparently because it was "exploiting". What a joke. How is bombing someone with c4 an exploit? Kilgore looked at him planting C4 on people, and decided he didn't want that to happen anymore. Fine, I don't agree, but whatever. So he removes stealing from the Hub and bans Nuke Polish for something he did before he "fixed" stealing in Hub. Makes no sense. It's like a cop seeing a guy smoking a cigarette, planting down a no-smoking sign before he can put his cigarette away and arresting him for it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:28:59 pm by The Sultan of Shrek »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 11:57:15 pm »
PvP in Hub was disabled, but there was a way to bypass it via planting explosives on someone. So, it was an exploit, obviously. So, he was banned after using it many times. What's not clear here?

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 12:59:07 am »
Not being able to kill people in the Hub has it's downside. People will be dicks and block doorways. Just to piss people off. When there's no admin around that's going to get very annoying. It's also a area for new players and not all of them are going to know how to contact the admins.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 01:03:45 am »
Today I've made some change to push-critter mechanics, we'll see how it works during tests, maybe the problem will be gone.

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »
Not being able to kill people in the Hub has it's downside. People will be dicks and block doorways. Just to piss people off. When there's no admin around that's going to get very annoying. It's also a area for new players and not all of them are going to know how to contact the admins.

i agree these changes was very very frustrating i completely stopped trading at the hub when these changes was implamented like for example all the thiefs that you can literally do nothing about, very very annoying, and because of the fact you can do nothing they all flock here like flys around shit, i would rather lose everything and get killed by the guards for pasting a scrub like this all over the street than let one of these fuckers take my caps, hub should be like any other place in the wasteland because it IS like any other place on the wasteland, if you want a safe noob zone create a fresh thing dont ruin already great area people like, its called the hub for a reason, its the hub of trading man, and its literally the only place i wont trade, less chance of getting robbed at broken hills and we all know about that place :P

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 10:27:51 pm »

---

If you can kill people then the HUB will be a ghost town filled with PVP dicks who kill newbies.

If you make people unkillable at the HUB then the guards can kill dicks.
In Maintenance Mode.

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 01:47:51 am »
PvP in Hub was disabled, but there was a way to bypass it via planting explosives on someone. So, it was an exploit, obviously. So, he was banned after using it many times. What's not clear here?

You banned someone with no warning over something that is very arguably not an exploit. You could've simply disabled stealing in hub and left it at that, but you chose to ban him just to be sadistic.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 03:26:50 am »

If you can kill people then the HUB will be a ghost town filled with PVP dicks who kill newbies.

If you make people unkillable at the HUB then the guards can kill dicks.

When people could be killed there wasn't a massive problem with people killing newbies at the Hub. People blowing themselves up from time to time is annoying but wasn't/isn't there now a thing where the guards can detect active bombs on someone and kill them? What was wrong with that?

I would rather deal with people who might blow me up then assholes who like to stand in doorways all day. It will only be a matter of time before one asshole finds some friends and then every door will be blocked.

You block a door you get killed. You're new and get killed in the cross fire... lesson learned. Some asshole blows you up.. lesson learned. School of hard knocks.

Also isn't one of the up coming changes a barter grounds closer to the Hub? If so newbies can go there and be free from bombers and thieves. Put a merchant or two there, selling low level items and not a lot of caps.

Could also have it so getting killed by the guards doesn't make your bad deeds go unremembered. You kill people or cause enough troubles there.. get killed. If you step foot in the town again before 24 or 48 hours real time you will get shot again. If you get killed in the cross fire you won't get in shit. I am not sure if something like that can be programmed, something that lets the guards know the good from the bad, but hey it's an idea.