April 28, 2024, 09:33:17 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: virginity resistance  (Read 5282 times)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Re: virginity resistance
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 07:44:39 am »
Actually, one really interesting feature or all fonline games is wild pvp and the choices that come with it.
Shoot first and be a nasty PK? Don't shoot and take the risk of giving him advantage?
All hard decisions, I was killed many times just because I didn't want to shoot first, and sometimes I just kill ppl for sport.
Wasteland makes morality a smal shadow in the darkness of violence, wich makes the game interesting.
You know how I encountered my first faction leader? I had forced encounter on him and he bursted me away with a single jackhammer blow.
PK behavior will be even worse after wipe, since everybody will be in need of everything.
Bluesuit killing is part of why I love this game, not because of noob bashing, because of what it creates. In the beginning of this session, many ppl where attacking mines, especially the one near gecko. I went there with sledgehammer bluesuit, a sneaker killed me. I went there again with a fighter and killed the sneaker. The same guy came back with two friends and killed you and other miners again. I hired some guys trading in VC and all this ended in a 5 vs 5 pvp with ppl I never played with. That was FUN.

And there already IS a "virginity" protector. Until level 10, you're protected for the most part from random encos.

You can still drop on ppl, but chance is lower. I'm pretty sure that chance increases with lvls beyond 24.

This game is better played in teams, noob PKing is what makes you join or create one. Without it, only hardcore pvpers would really play it. Being raped in bluesuit gives motivation to join something bigger and achieve some revenge, more on the wasteland than the players themselves. By being harsh, the game makes a selection between motivated players and dofus players, and so keep itself alive.

Ray

• Your friendly Khanstipated Oil Khan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 08:22:18 am »
Being raped in bluesuit gives motivation to join something bigger and achieve some revenge, more on the wasteland than the players themselves. By being harsh, the game makes a selection between motivated players and dofus players, and so keep itself alive.

Are you sure about this? 90% of the new players that I met back on 2238 quit because of that.  For someone who never played F1 or F2 in their lives getting started to understand how the game works is pretty hard! But then dealing with bored PvP apes is also hard when you got nothing but a shovel to earn your caps with! Now I'm not saying that all the players until level 10 should get god mode or something but maybe we need to change the mentality a bit.

Although there is also the risk of that pijama guy having a radio in his other hand ready to call his ape friends to murder you. Anyone who played this game enough knows not to trust anyone. But then if there is no trust, how do you get to meet people or join group?

Anyway I'm starting to ramble. Maybe after wipe we'll get more people :) and things will change.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:24:29 am by raynor009 »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 09:52:26 am »
Are you sure about this? 90% of the new players that I met back on 2238 quit because of that.

What I said.

By being harsh, the game makes a selection between motivated players and dofus players

maybe we need to change the mentality a bit

Good luck

Anyone who played this game enough knows not to trust anyone. But then if there is no trust, how do you get to meet people or join group?

It is known all the players driven factions poped out of nowhere. Of course there can be trust, but trust can be as rewarding as it's risky, like everything else in this game.

Maybe after wipe we'll get more people :) and things will change.

More people will play reloaded, at least for a time BUT
PK behavior will be even worse after wipe, since everybody will be in need of everything.

Kaaon

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »
Are you sure about this? 90% of the new players that I met back on 2238 quit because of that.  For someone who never played F1 or F2 in their lives getting started to understand how the game works is pretty hard!
yup, this lost probably alot of players, this game has no tutorial or introduction, you are just throwed into wasteland without any basic info -> without using of wiki / alot of brain you are completely lost and will ragequit after few deaths
we need to change the mentality a bit.
this one is a good joke.. you will never, never, never ever change mentality of players, especially not by writing post on forum which 95% of players will not even read
to do it they need a good reason, players in games are doing things which they do because they can and usually because its rewarding them somehow

if i would meet bluesuit with 90hp i would kill him.. why ? well he always might have something valuable, its +1 point for most kills award and its fun to make someone really mad.. if i would be friend with everyone then i would have no enemies, there are social webs like facebook or skype if i would want to chat with friends, pvp is enabled for a reason, its intended, if we shouldnt be supposed to shoot each other randomly in wasteland then it would be turned off
even better question is .. why not to shoot other players ? i have nothing from letting them run

so this harsh shooting of other ppls will continue until it will be turned off and we all know that it wont be because we are supposed to do it so dont cry about it

PvP apes
why are you calling pvp players "apes" ? its nothing bad, its just way to play game, once again.. if there shouldnt be pvp then it would be disabled

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »
The "PvP Apes" thing cracks me up, because the people using the term usually don't know the game even half as well as the "apes" do. (raynor being an exception)  If it's using char IN as a dump stat, they had better have more skill points distributed than most "apes" as well, which they don't in most cases.

Everything Seki said is spot on. No need to repeat it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:55:23 pm by Wind_Drift »