April 28, 2024, 06:22:07 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: I would appreciate help!  (Read 7927 times)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Re: I would appreciate help!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »
Turbo plasma is one of deadliest builds here so many think it breaks game , that was the only reason for not so friendly posts.

Turbo plasma is the best midrange weapon in the game, it has:
-insane damage (140 normal crit on combat helmet mk2)
-huge chance on armor bypass (maybe 40% on tesla helmet) even on 10 luck characters for ~200 damage
-very low AP cost
-can be mixed with a tanky build easely
-~50% chance to KO you if you don't have bonehead/man of steel/stonewall (around 30% with the perks)
-it's a single shot weapon so you don't have to be carefull for friendly fire
-35 hex range (same as avenger, better than 223 pistol, GL, pancor)
-+5 hidden crit mode bonus (both chance and power)

We do not think it breaks the game, it really does! A turboplasma faggot can kill a 325 hp tank with a tesla helmet in 2-3 shots with armor bypasses, or a 245 hp char in 2 groin shots if it crits. And if you take finesse, it becomes insane! Damage is lower, but 2/3 of shots KO and you still deal stupid damage with increased armor bypass rate. And since you can over KO someone, he just never stand up, so you keep shooting until you score armor bypass.
The weapon was nerfed, it had a +10 critroll earlier, now its +5, but most turbos used in combat have bonuses, making it an even more stupid weapon.
Last time I faught against a turbo plasma guy, I shot him twice, moved back and got KO/bypassed for 200 HP at first shot with a tesla helmet and died at second shot. It's like an autokill GM weapon, not fun, requires no skill.
That weapon makes ppl rage, and this is why Johnny doesn't want to help you making a good build, what I can understand.

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 06:04:01 am »
Maybe the problem could be solved by reversing KO/KD ?

So instead doing KO (which should still be possible on NPCs) you get KD , Blinded , Weapon drop , hit for higher DMG which could stop tank running to 1 hex but still keep battle going ...

Just shooting in the dark but if that's true for Turbo then regular plasma (which can be crafted with bonuses) would have more or less same effect only less shots and would be bad too.

And then also solve Bozar problem , make them build snipers to use it effectively :P

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 06:14:50 am »
Maybe the problem could be solved by reversing KO/KD ?

So instead doing KO (which should still be possible on NPCs) you get KD , Blinded , Weapon drop , hit for higher DMG which could stop tank running to 1 hex but still keep battle going ...

Just shooting in the dark but if that's true for Turbo then regular plasma (which can be crafted with bonuses) would have more or less same effect only less shots and would be bad too.

And then also solve Bozar problem , make them build snipers to use it effectively :P
Exactly why I craft and sold plas rifles with - ap and +5 crit rolls, hopefully with min/max dmg too. Hehe.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 07:16:22 am »
How is that helping problem ?  ;D

P.S. After trying warehouse 2 times in 2 teams I came to 3 conclusions :

1. It isn't worht it , 2 ppl (or even) 1 can clear it but when they do they are out of anything and their armors reduced to dust
2. At that point 1 guy can come and kill them without wasting time on megaguards and get all the loot
3.I'm going to greensuit New Reno (sleep well PvPers) and if kill anyone that helped me / I helped I appologize in advance because I won't be typing and my namecolorizing doesn't work so I have no idea who am I shooting at (and YES , I plan to die a 10 000 deaths)

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 07:34:52 am »
How is that helping problem ?  ;D

P.S. After trying warehouse 2 times in 2 teams I came to 3 conclusions :

1. It isn't worht it , 2 ppl (or even) 1 can clear it but when they do they are out of anything and their armors reduced to dust
2. At that point 1 guy can come and kill them without wasting time on megaguards and get all the loot
3.I'm going to greensuit New Reno (sleep well PvPers) and if kill anyone that helped me / I helped I appologize in advance because I won't be typing and my namecolorizing doesn't work so I have no idea who am I shooting at (and YES , I plan to die a 10 000 deaths)
It's not but damn if it isn't easy money. :P
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 08:49:49 am »
New Reno is easy money , you only have to fight players not slags too but this is waaaaaay off topic :P

To bring back on topic , how is regular plasma compared to turbo plasma (in your opinion) ?

And any luck with using laser rifles ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:51:41 am by Gabriel(RealOne) »

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 11:24:48 am »
well if you want you never fight more then one slag at the same time. so if it isnt the minigun guy you can finish of another player with some decent skill. i just lost 2% of my bridgekeeper in one wh run. that isnt much.

there also repeatable quests where you can get oil cans so that isnt much of a risk also considering the better armors you can get in wh/nr or even craft or find in encounters (brotherhood armors)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:27:30 am by triqua »

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 11:36:10 am »
   Yes , I think I could with 7-8 more tries and decent gear and then when I am killing the last one and fall to 120 you will masterfully finish me of out of the shadows , nah way ! :)

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 12:34:17 pm »
someone just wanted to steal locker cause i had to kill the minigun guy at last. but thx we was shooting right in my face "dont touch my locker" so i let him alive and killed that sneaker first ^^

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 08:29:00 pm »
   Yes , I think I could with 7-8 more tries and decent gear and then when I am killing the last one and fall to 120 you will masterfully finish me of out of the shadows , nah way ! :)
Soloing wh is easy and you can do it with most builds unless they are complete shit. I do it with nothing but normal ca mk2 and a normal xl with 500 ap rounds all the time with less than 10 ss. As for getting back stabbed you just have to be smart. Check wm once in a while before you take on minigun etc. I've escaped multiple times from big groups about to spawn in by doing that. If you think wh is too hard the truth is you either havent practiced it enough or are just bad.

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 11:11:01 pm »
   Same gear and same amount of SS , no don't think it's too hard but that "check the WM" thing is what is bugging me because I am once again depending on luck going solo and hoping nobody is there.If I apply that logic I might as well do New Reno and fight the solo guy with gauss/pulse/turbo and if I get lucky and score a kill get that gear and stop coming when more people or just one with much better skill/stats come.
   And you can't do it with sniper.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:12:47 pm by Gabriel(RealOne) »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 06:56:39 pm »
New Reno is easy money , you only have to fight players not slags too but this is waaaaaay off topic :P

To bring back on topic , how is regular plasma compared to turbo plasma (in your opinion) ?

And any luck with using laser rifles ?

Regulars plasma rifles have shorter range (30 instead of 35) and a bit lower damage, but it's still a very good weapon, and a good plasma rifle with ap-1, damage and crit bonus is almost the same as a turbo plasma rifle.
Laser rifle is better for long range fights. It doesn't have that bullshit hidden crit bonus, but it has a very good range (45 for normal, 47 for extended cap).

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 07:55:41 am »
Yes , I noticed that 2 shot kill by plasma on CAMK2 :P

That sort of effect could be reserved for electric/pulse weapons.

On the other hand if it depends on character like with sniper rifle (taking ALL needed perks you are left at around 150HP and 15% DR , take Jet to be able to shoot twice and it's 0) then it seems ok.

If that was tank shooting then gg.

To get on topic :

What is absolute minimum of EW skill for 2 ST 6 PE 10LK 25 % crit chance (for example) char to be able to use Plasma Pistol as secondary weapon :) ?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:48:32 am by Gabriel(RealOne) »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 09:27:59 pm »
You can aim with most midrange weapons in eyes with 1 ST, just compensate with spent skill points or buffout/psycho.
6 Perception is fine for turbo plasma rifle: 6-1(psycho)=5 => 35 hex sight range
There is no "minimum luck", but the higher the best.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 06:42:01 pm »
Well... You can also use it. You can also counter it with range as a sniper or with 1hex as a sneaker. Or you can just gamble that he won't crit you insanely as you slowly runs up to him to 1hex him with your tank burst build.
"Tanks" cannot be good for everything... And certainly, if a person with alot of Hit Points was hit by Plasma... I'm pretty sure it'd not matter how strong he is (it comes down to the armor and plasma eats combat armor). Basically, you can compare what you're saying with 1hex tanks against anything else.