April 29, 2024, 03:34:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Sneak changes  (Read 6702 times)

Strike

Re: Sneak changes
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 09:08:58 pm »
Posts in this thread only ensure me that changes which will be done to sneak skill are good. Even if it means that sneak will be nerfed a lot.

I don't get your point, I just see people want nerf sneaking in PvP combat:

- Sneaking shouldn't be possible during combat timer (Just like you cannot sneaking during TB combat, RT should be the same during combat timer)
- Weapon penalty should be for whole inventory, not only for hand slots (Most important for sneaking nerf)

And other things from mojuk:

- P90 being penalty free and one of top hexing weapon is really bad idea.
- Min. visibility distance vs max perception chars (especially from behind) is just a joke.
- Sneakers should be for scouting or some support fire in fights for example grenades, not invisible killing machines being basically normal pvp character but invisible.

And maybe sneak vs perception penalty should be checked again:

Direction of the opponent has big impact, basically, the area around opponent is divided into four parts, and each part modifies your sneak skill value as follows:

Front: -72
Front-sides: -36
Back-sides: -12
Back: 0

There should be penalty from behind (You can hear someone is behind you), and others sides should have higher penalty.

How those changes would be good for sneakers? I think sneakers would just suffer in combat, and more likely there will be less them.

Also allow desert combat armors to sneak with penalty of -20.

Is this even serious suggestion?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:42:26 pm by Strike »

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 09:19:48 pm »
My opinion is simple. Remove weapom wielding penalties and bring back old weight divider. Example every 1 kg more than 10 will affect skill of sneak by -10. Also allow desert combat armors to sneak with penalty of -20. If u dont want running bg /gattling sneakers make it so they are forced to walk. My suggestion will be probably rejected becouse of requirement to make new scripts and rollback to purely SDK sneak divider.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 09:46:21 pm »
Strike, the point isn't to make anything better for sneakers, the point of the suggestions are to improve gameplay overall. Right now with our current mechanics, it's far too easy to kill any build except for PA tanks in any moderately sized map. Position and surprise are both huge advantages, and being nearly invisible makes both very easy to accomplish. I say all of these things from the perspective of a player whose main alt is a sneaker, and have several more high level (150 ish) sneak alts.

Just my opinion, but I came by it honestly.

To me it sounds like Kilgore already has his mind set on changes, and we'll just have to see what he's going to give us to work with.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 10:05:11 pm »
Use motion sensors. Sneak divider would make players carry low amount of loot - some p90 and one mag there would be no ninja looting and anal surprises with lsw.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 01:04:37 am »
I'll agree that a weight based stealth penalty system would be much easier to manage, and a lot harder to exploit. But I do have to say that the weight levels need to be set properly for this to work. 5kg robes and misc items break this ideal pretty quickly if 1 kg equals roughly -10 sneak (leather armor mk 2 weighs about 4 kg and the lightest pistols still weigh about 2 kg). The weight system in place has to make sense is what I'm getting at, which can make the weight system more difficult.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 01:28:39 am »
Use motion sensors. Sneak divider would make players carry low amount of loot - some p90 and one mag there would be no ninja looting and anal surprises with lsw.
When wipe happens I highly doubt motion sensors would be common

Kaaon

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 06:00:35 pm »
weight based system isnt good because it must be frustrating for sneaker that he cant loot or take anything and care about CW all the time

what about 2handed penalty on weapons in inventory too and not only hands ?

also sneakers must be visible from longer range ofc

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 06:26:10 pm »
imo sneak shouldnt be able to loot nor kill with firearms (maybe except some pistols).

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 01:40:18 am »
Sneakers aren't hoarders or junk caravans.

Do you think a sneaker would carry 25 cans of coke, Jingle bells? (caps), Several sets of unused weapons and armor?

IMO sneakers should be able to be turrets with a 100-200 penalty based on weight when moving, this penalty is a debuff due to movement that goes away after say 15 seconds while the sneaker settles in like

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/can-you-find-the-sniper-hiding-with-camouflage-in-this-1521876239

A master sneaker can sneak anywhere IMO.

But if a sneaker doesn't have more than a certain weight say 5-7KG then they'll suffer no penalties and make good scouts.
In Maintenance Mode.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 06:50:17 am »
Posts in this thread only ensure me that changes which will be done to sneak skill are good. Even if it means that sneak will be nerfed a lot.

How did I miss the kilgore post lol, only found it on second read through  :facepalm

I am curious as to the direction and specifics of the nerfs (or even just your rough idea of how sneaking will work).

Weight based sneaking? Easier sneaker spotting? Harder to master sneaking? Or all/none of the above?