April 25, 2024, 11:40:41 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Can't Spend Skill Points  (Read 2163 times)

Manhoor

• View Profile
Can't Spend Skill Points
« on: January 16, 2015, 12:02:20 pm »
Unfortunately as of hitting level 13 I am no longer able to spend my skill points. It isn't that I cannot place them, rather that they won't stay once my skills have been increased. Problem happened 3 hours ago, just logged in to check and it is persisting.

mojuk

• View Profile
Re: Can't Spend Skill Points
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »
What skill you are trying to increase and what is it's current value?
Some skills are capped at 150% or even 125% (which means they already got maximum effectiveness at this level and game won't allow you to spend more skill points on them).

Check wiki for more info about existing skill caps ("Support Skills Limits" part):
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Skills
:facepalm

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:31 pm »
Also after a certain point you'll need alot of SP to increase you tagged skill by 2 (5 or 6 SP when you get close to 300). If you have around 3 or 4 nothing will happend.

Strike

Manhoor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:07:46 pm »
Sadly I am familiar with everything you guys have stated, and as of signing in a minute ago I was able to spend a couple of points (my skills aren't capped/maxed/locked yet) however after trying to spend the last 6 they again wouldn't stay in position. Repair's at 125 (probably maxed) however I am trying to get First Aid past 110 or Energy Weapons past 186.

Manhoor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 01:10:30 pm »
And to add I have tested placing them across the board. Upon closing my character sheet, they instantly revert (even when placed in a skill that only has 20%)

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 01:20:51 pm »
Do you by any chance close you character sheet using ESC or C? Because if you do so changes made will be lost, only way to apply/save them is by closing character screen with DONE/OK button (depends on interface).

Manhoor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »
Tried that as well, and my changes have always worked with C before. The done button was the first alternative I'd tried. Thank you guys so much for your help... hopefully we can figure this out and the issue stays rare/isolated.

Manhoor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 01:27:01 pm »
I got one more point in using the done button just now, after which it did a funny again. I'm thinking maybe my internet's being lousy this morning and is causing an issue pinging the server...  ::)

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »
I think I has always been like that C = ESC = Cancel and only way to apply changes is by using Done.
So I understand problem solved by using Done button or something is still wrong?
If there still is some problem than only GM can help you now by checking your character himself...

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »
I was going to suggest that you have a problem with your client-to-server data traffic. It's nothing you can fix though. Try logging in at a later time, and it should be cleared up.