May 01, 2024, 04:39:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: High lag compensation  (Read 1214 times)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
High lag compensation
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:44:48 pm »
Sometimes you get killed because of a sudden high ping.
Hex dancing is ofc impossible when your ping is above 500 but also is window gunfight.
Exemple: guy pops at window, you click on him but he moves before damage check. You lost AP and didn't hit the guy. When he shows himself again you have less action points to use SS or shoot and you die because of that.
Tell me if I'm wrong but the game seems to work like that:
You see target=>click/shoot=>display animation+AP drain=>send hit intel=>calculate damage=>send back damage intel=>display damage
Some nice change would be this:
You see target=>click/shoot=>send hit intel=>calculate damage=>send back damage intel=>display animation+AP drain+display damage
So, no more shooting at corner and AP loss without hit, and no more useless animation stunning you for nothing.
I don't know how much work it is to change that, but it will be a great improvement for players having too much ping.

Strike

Re: High lag compensation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:01:25 pm »
Maybe players could use PingPlotter and show a sample to devs, not sure does that solve ping problems at all but is worth to try.

"Ping spikes", maybe most common problem. They should optimize server/client data send, so those would disappear. I know engine (which is highly hardcoded) have most of problems, but not all of them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:45:24 am by Strike »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:23:19 am »
Some nice change would be this:
You see target=>click/shoot=>send hit intel=>calculate damage=>send back damage intel=>display animation+AP drain+display damage
So, no more shooting at corner and AP loss without hit,

But then you would get free shots in those circumstances. If moving out of sight breaks the chain then you will do damage and not lose AP instead of the other way around.

It's a preferable result for the shooter, but could be exploitable.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 11:25:04 am »
No, if ennemi is shot and then goes out of range there is no fire animation, no damage and no AP loss.
And if you succed to shoot him before he evades you automatically make the shooting animation and loose AP even if you don't see him anymore.

Johnny

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:39:30 pm »
This happen to me a thousands times already.

It would be cool to stop draining your Ap when you misclick on a scenery object; like if trying to first aid a door cost 5ap.

Also Wtf with the Ap sometimes superstims and shooting  cost 8Ap thats seriously retarded. Idk if thats the server or what but loads of people complain about lag and me i live in France where the server is located and i have huge lag spike from time to time especially during PvP. Some people even said to me that i appear offline ingame when im still connected to teamspeak, very frustrating.

+ What with this clock loading thingy sometimes you first aid yourself and you got stuck with the clock cursor animation ....

Like when theres PvP this fischer price server cant handle it. :P

Ps: Delete Ko and balance gecko shells thx.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 07:00:23 pm »
Not possible for now.