April 28, 2024, 07:30:53 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Made my own "pvp" build... up to level 14... Want to know if I ballsed up.  (Read 7834 times)

Achas

• View Profile
I'm a relatively new player... I've made a crafting character and managed to get full professions and a couple blueprints learned. Got a good feel for the basics. I decided I was ready to make a pvp build yada yada, you've heard it before lol.

I was going for a small guns burster type who can take a couple hits.

This is what I've been leveling:

ST 4
PE 7
EN 10
CH 1
IN 3
AG 9
LK 7

More Crits
Even More Crits
Even Tougher
Lifegiver
Lifegiver+
Man of Steel
Bonus Rate of Fire
Lifegiver++

So far I use Nuka Cola and Cigs regularly.

In hindsight now that I know more I'm thinking that I definitely should have accounted for using the other drugs, maybe put more points in Luck.

Am I wasting my time? If so, what should I focus on next time?

Thanks  :D

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
And what is this? small gun sniper?

you already failed by have 4 ST and 7 PE. 7 LK?! bad!!, either 4,5 for burster or 10 for sniper, 3 minimum but 7?! :o
at least you got the INT right, almost all PvP builds have 1-3 INT, 4-5 sometimes.

assuming by your perks, you're a crit burster I'm assuming, dunno if crit is such a good idea. although a guy named mojuk has a good crit burster build but he won't give it out.

I suggest making a turbo tank or sniper, because majority of players are tanks (329+ HP) and turbo can knock them out real fast if lucky. there are many ways you can make a turbo tank build, so choose wisely

but you can make an easy tank build that uses grenade launcher/pancor as weapons.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:53:13 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Achas

• View Profile
Yeah it was meant to be some sort of crit burster. I'm still interested in trying to make a decent build that fits that criteria. If that's near impossible to achieve then next I'd be interested in a sneaker with aimed one-hander. .223

Am I being too ambitious? lol

I should probably make something really tried and tested like you said since I am still pretty much noob status on this stuff.

If I were to make a sniper I would want full perception and luck I'm assuming. Strength doesn't matter? I think that's what I'm getting. I read a couple times that endurance 10 is required for pvp. And then 3 intelligence, 1 charisma.

I haven't looked at the perks or traits yet.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:05:28 am by Achas »

Achas

• View Profile
Alright here's my Sniper so far...

S 1
P 9
E 8
C 1
I 1
A 10
L 10

-Cigs, NK, Jet, Buffout, Mentats (<--- I'm assuming that applies to leveling)

-finesse, drug reliant

-small guns, sneak, outdoorsman for leveling
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:32:59 am by Achas »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
You can make a sniper or sneaker if you want, those are good. I haven't had a sneaker alt though so don't ask me how to make one.

1 charisma is a must for all PvP builds, its worthless. Not 10 EN is needed for a sniper. Like my bozar sniper has 8 and still manages to do fine. I have another one with 1 EN and does decent :P, would've been better if I made it SG instead of EW.

Also snipers have 1 ST, 1-3 INT, 10 LK, 8-10 AG, 8-10 EN, 9 PE with cigarrettes for 10 PE.

Alright here's my Sniper so far...

S 1
P 9
E 8
C 1
I 1
A 10
L 10

-Cigs, NK, Jet, Buffout, Mentats (<--- I'm assuming that applies to leveling)

-finesse, drug reliant

-small guns, sneak, outdoorsman for leveling
NO FINESSE, NEVER FOR A SNIPER.

I suggest take small frame for 2 INT, drug reliant is alright.

Sneakers need 10 Int, so don't take sneak, take FA and doctor. Other than that, Your build would be an exact copy as my bozar sniper. Sadly mentats doesn't apply when leveling. Also I don't take jet it my bozar sniper but you can if you want, just take a +1 str armor, or lvl gun skill all the way.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:55:36 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Achas

• View Profile
So I've got
1 ST, 3 INT, 10 LK, 9AG, 8 EN, 9PE

Using NK, Cigs, Mentats, jet eventually

small frame, chem reliant

Small guns, doctor, first aid

All the crit related perks, action boy x2, bonus rate of fire

A bit of a glass cannon.

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
You can take all the crit perks and still take even tougher (or just tougher I forgot) and 1 lifegiver (and brof).

You can take 2 lifegivers if you skip right between the eyes :P

Take support perks (strong back and the other one ?)

Achas

• View Profile
You can take all the crit perks and still take even tougher (or just tougher I forgot) and 1 lifegiver (and brof).

You can take 2 lifegivers if you skip right between the eyes :P

Take support perks (strong back and the other one ?)

Pack rat!

Yeah I'm not 100% on some of those later perks. I'll probably switch something around. I definitely want all the crit perks tho. Unless someone hops in here and tells me I'm doing it wrong again lol ;D

BB.

• View Profile
Snipers without finesse and rtbe/htg suck.
You need 10 luck, more criticals, even more criticals, better criticals and above. In other case you're just useless - it's better to make a bozar tank or even a brd spammer-burster.

P.S. 10 PE+sharshooter is a must for Gauss sniper. Not for BG and EW.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
You can build a sneak with less than 10 IN, it just takes a lot more leveling. Min IN is whatever gets you all your perks, with the last one by level 29.

As has been said, 10LK is required, as well as More/Even More/Better Criticals. Either RBtE or HTG, or both, are needed as well. Minimum RBtE due to helmet crit resists being so high. It also depends on where you aim your shots.

I'm not a fan of finesse except for crippler builds, some disagree, and you're going to get conflicting opinions on a lot of points. Either way you're going to have a rough time sniping solo in PvP.

STALKER and BB have been around a while and are both good players, their advice is sound, and you should listen.

Achas

• View Profile
Re: Made my own "pvp" build... up to level 14... Want to know if I ballsed up.
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 10:11:25 pm »
Snipers without finesse and rtbe/htg suck.
You need 10 luck, more criticals, even more criticals, better criticals and above. In other case you're just useless - it's better to make a bozar tank or even a brd spammer-burster.

P.S. 10 PE+sharshooter is a must for Gauss sniper. Not for BG and EW.

I don't know what to believe about the finesse thing. I switched around finesse on the character planner and did the combat calculator. I picked sniper rifle at 20 hexes against the best gear I could pick with tank perks and psycho. The damage said 0-6 without and 0-0 with both 1/1 hit (which sounds terrible but that can't be right), otherwise its an 85% without and a 95% with crit chance on eyes. This is something I can't decide without having experience playing both. I just started the build I posted last the other night, so its following everything you just said excluding finesse because Stalker said it was the worst thing ever for snipers.

I appreciate all the advice from everyone. Thank you.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 10:15:42 pm »
You're getting good advice. I can add that my sneak/sniper was registered with INT 4, and has max Sneak 300 and max SG 300 by level 81, along with decent Doctor, FA, and OD skill. This has been one of my all-time favorite characters to play. The ability to move into a PvP hot zone, during someone's TC operation, and run solo up to their perimeter, watch them, choose a target, switch to sniper rifle, and pick one off without being seen by anyone in their whole team, has been quite a rush. Of course, most successful crits in this scenario are knockdowns, not kills, and most hits are not crits. Plus the dmg is low compared to EW. But....they see no tracer rounds! They usually go running after me the wrong direction lol. I have to switch back into Sneak mode asap after only 1 shot to stay alive, send the rifle back to inventory (what a serious pain) and be ready to move at the same time. Tricky. If you try this, use motion sensors for sure, and carry p90 in slot 2 when running. Silent Running perk is thus a must, but Silent Death no - that's for a different plan.

Even so, solo knocking down a power armor tank thug in a TC 6-man team is worth the leveling imo. Just don't expect to be a 1-man army.

FYI: He was registered with ST 1, PE 9, EN 8, AG 9, LK 9. Planned for lots of implants though, which he now has. If i had this to do over again, i might go with IN 2, EN 10 for the extra 20 hit points, but that requires level 131 maybe, not 81. Ouch.

Also, i suggest the sneak/sniper code: stay quiet with enemies. When you lose, say nothing. When you win, say nothing. Be successful, but don't boast to your targets that it was you. Let them always wonder. Somehow for me this adds to the classiness of it all.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:27:12 pm by Henry »

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 11:03:22 pm »
You're getting good advice. I can add that my sneak/sniper was registered with INT 4, and has max Sneak 300 and max SG 300 by level 81, along with decent Doctor, FA, and OD skill. This has been one of my all-time favorite characters to play. The ability to move into a PvP hot zone, during someone's TC operation, and run solo up to their perimeter, watch them, choose a target, switch to sniper rifle, and pick one off without being seen by anyone in their whole team, has been quite a rush. Of course, most successful crits in this scenario are knockdowns, not kills, and most hits are not crits. Plus the dmg is low compared to EW. But....they see no tracer rounds! They usually go running after me the wrong direction lol. I have to switch back into Sneak mode asap after only 1 shot to stay alive, send the rifle back to inventory (what a serious pain) and be ready to move at the same time. Tricky. If you try this, use motion sensors for sure, and carry p90 in slot 2 when running. Silent Running perk is thus a must, but Silent Death no - that's for a different plan.

Even so, solo knocking down a power armor tank thug in a TC 6-man team is worth the leveling imo. Just don't expect to be a 1-man army.

FYI: He was registered with ST 1, PE 9, EN 8, AG 9, LK 9. Planned for lots of implants though, which he now has. If i had this to do over again, i might go with IN 2, EN 10 for the extra 20 hit points, but that requires level 131 maybe, not 81. Ouch.

Also, i suggest the sneak/sniper code: stay quiet with enemies. When you lose, say nothing. When you win, say nothing. Be successful, but don't boast to your targets that it was you. Let them always wonder. Somehow for me this adds to the classiness of it all.
Yes. Good advice. Though I always plan for at least ew as well as SG or BG with my builds so I can counter what the enemy is wearing. FullCA? Laser rifle or tpr or pulse and get some fast kills. Tesla helm? Pop their head with guass.
Also I love me some silent death sneak action. Come up behind with guass pistol and nail em from behind. Lots of ko's. Then resneak and repeat until they die.

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 11:24:40 pm »
Alright I think I'm committed to what I've already made, I'm skipping finesse this time around. My last question is about action points. Should I be spending my perk points on stuff like action boy and BRoF, or focusing on more stopping power or survivability? If I decide I want to try the sneaky route I'd have to start over and give myself slightly more intelligence though wouldn't I?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »
More Criticals
Even More Criticals
Sharpshooter
Lifegiver
Better Criticals
Lifegiver
Bonus rate of fire

The must for sniper builds

Last perk up to you, I took weapon handling so I can hit shit. if you're talking about sneaker, idk :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:37:46 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »