April 27, 2024, 10:06:18 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Super Mutant Remnants gives Negative 'The Unity' reputation....  (Read 7768 times)

Wizard

• View Profile
Super Mutant Remnants gives Negative 'The Unity' reputation....
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »
Hunting mutants near zone 35:45, they give negative 'The Unity' reputation... Why?? This must be a bug

Strike

Re: Super Mutant Remnants gives Negative 'The Unity' reputation....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:28:56 pm »
Two different "factions", with same reputation? Yeah, I think I've heard about this earlier.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:31:33 pm »
No, this makes sense..... Super mutant remnants ARE in the Unity. No bug here.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:41:27 pm »
No... Super Mutant Remnants are not in 'The Unity', they are remnants from 'The Master' in Fallout 1... Those that are in 'The Unity' are remnants, but they are not on the same team...

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:56:15 pm »
Just to be clear... It's true that few Super Mutants are part of 'The Unity', but those remnants are not... These remnants are not found in Broken Hills, they are found around Mariposa and the boneyard.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »
Actually there's nightkin that are in 'The Unity', no?

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »
Well first, please dont triple post. There is an "Edit" button.

Also, if you played fallout 1 all the way through, you know the master dies. Then, his unity/army remnants scatter throughout the wasteland. Army is the same as remnants. You just gotta put 2 and 2 together.

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 11:18:13 pm »
this reputation system is shit anyways and IMO it needs total rework, there are too many factions and chaos in their reputations

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 11:19:57 pm »
You don't have to state the obvious, there's also a "reply" option...
Anyway, these two should be separate factions as they are unrelated to eachother.
One travels with humans and ghouls, the other only with mutants. You see there's two groups, one is the group of the scattered super mutants that are disorganized, the other is not (they are actually allied with humans and ghouls)...

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 12:17:19 am »

Whatever, I guess so. I think it would be stupid to waste valuable developing time on something this small, when it could be explained by game lore. Just my opinion.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 02:04:35 pm »
Hmm, sure... I don't think it's much of an effort though to just set them as two different factions.

(I think this is more like just a genuine bug that the developers did not intend... Just covering up bugs like these with other things that were not originally intended will eventually kill the game)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:07:34 pm by Wizard »

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 11:28:57 pm »
Just covering up bugs like these with other things that were not originally intended will eventually kill the game

But this makes sense and is explainable! This cannot possibly hurt the game. I guess it does kind of bother OCD, but that's it.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 02:45:02 am »
Ok, let's take an example... So, a new player goes hunting and he stumbles across Super Mutant Remnants (by description) in the Boneyard. He kills a few of them. Later he is heading to Broken Hills, on on his way there few zones away he encounters 'Unity Patrol'. He's thinking to himself, oh well... i got no beef with these. The consequence? The Unity Patrol kills him.
So... Either you set both Super Mutant Remnants AND The Unity as the same NAME (Call Super Mutant Remnants for 'Unity Patrol' LOL) (which would require even more effort i think for it to feel good (why is there Super Mutants scattered all around, but both Super Mutants, Ghouls and Humans ONLY near broken hills?)
, OR you make them separate factions... Please do either of them...

Also... If These Super Mutants Remnants are scattered everywhere, have no contact with (NIGHTKIN, ghouls nor humans), and are not EVEN FOUND in a Unity Patrol (NIGHTKIN is found in Unity Patrols)... How would they (these disorganized muties) magically NOTIFY the NIGHTKIN, HUMANS and GHOULS in the few Unity Patrols that are near Broken Hills about a players reputation amongst them? It doesn't make sense....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:51:34 am by Wizard »

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 05:05:22 am »
Ok, let's take an example... So, a new player goes hunting and he stumbles across Super Mutant Remnants (by description) in the Boneyard. He kills a few of them.....

Let me stop you there lol. If a NEW player can kill remnants, there is no way in this world that he will die from Unity.

So... Either you set both Super Mutant Remnants AND The Unity as the same NAME

This is reasonable. Set the name as "Unity patrol" and "Unity Army".

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 12:48:56 pm »
Ok, let's take an example... So, a new player goes hunting and he stumbles across Super Mutant Remnants (by description) in the Boneyard. He kills a few of them.....

Let me stop you there lol. If a NEW player can kill remnants, there is no way in this world that he will die from Unity.

So... Either you set both Super Mutant Remnants AND The Unity as the same NAME

This is reasonable. Set the name as "Unity patrol" and "Unity Army".

Just tweak the situation a little so a high level player is taking a low level player hunting, and for whatever reason the low level player is hitting first. There ya go.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?