March 28, 2024, 06:20:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline roleplay.  (Read 7921 times)

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
FOnline roleplay.
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:09:42 pm »
So I've got a question for ya'll, there's a possibility of me and my friend starting a private server for the purpose of roleplaying.
FOnline is a brilliant platform for roleplaying, it has skins, it has locations, it has fonts both for In Character chat and for Out of character chat.
So this is really in starting phase. Would anyone be interested here?

Setting, such as the year, location, characters etc. Would be discussed once we have some idea of how many people we're talking about. Currently we have 10 people.

For those who are unfamiliar with roleplaying, have those links as an example.

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Army_roleplay_project

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Hub_roleplay_project

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Vault_roleplay_project

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FOnline roleplay.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:36:40 pm »
If I can help you somehow, let me know.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »
Count me in for a test run at least.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:01:15 am »
FOnline is a brilliant platform for roleplaying, it has skins, it has locations, it has fonts both for In Character chat and for Out of character chat.
Not really. You know how hard it is to give a blowjob in this game?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:32:50 pm »
If I can help you somehow, let me know.
Much appreciated. god bless you . Currently we don't really need help with anything.
Count me in for a test run at least.
If you have Steam PM me, we have a Steam group dedicated for this project. For updates and for general overview of how many people we have. Currently we have around 15~ people.
Otherwise we'll talk throught PM I suppose, I'll keep you updated.
Not really. You know how hard it is to give a blowjob in this game?
It's really easy. But we don't need such roleplayers. So get out of here.
We have players from the following games : Terraria, Garrysmod. Terraria is something of a 2D Minecraft, it is somewhat good for roleplaying but not really that good.
Garrysmod is a HL2 modification, and a stand-alone released back in ugh 2008 or something. It is a perfect roleplaying platform and has plenty of alive roleplaying servers. However the overall Garrysmod community has gone to hell and is filled with teenagers and idiots lately. You won't get anything good out of it unless you have your own party.
So all the current people interested in the FOnline roleplay server have experiences with roleplaying, in one way or another.
Then we have a few forum roleplayers, who have roleplayed throught text only so far.

What we're looking for:
- People with the capability/interest in roleplaying.
- People with imagination.
- People with characters that do seem realistic, have unique traits and can be a good addition towards the roleplay.
- Basically anyone who'd like to give it a shot.

What we're NOT looking for:
- Edgy 12 years old characters aka "Xena the lesbian warrior" with the description "Sexy | Female | 18 years old | Over 300 confirmed kills | Ex-military | Ex-spetnatzs | Cyborg eyes shooting lasers."
- People taking stuff very personally, it's roleplay, stay in character.

And once again, if you have any questions, about anything related to this "project", just ask. Be it throught PM or post.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:54:37 pm by Knife_cz »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 07:58:17 am »
What, you take some sort of prude? :P

artek405

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 09:28:16 pm »
Oh dude its finally something for me.  ;D ;D
I'm in !!!  8)

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 04:21:11 pm »
Alright, so update number one!
First goal reached - Min. 20 people that are interested. That means it's happening.

So what now? Now we're going to wait till friday (7.11) for everyone to be ready, at the friday or over at the weekend we'll have a meeting and we'll discuss where do we want to set the roleplay in, such as location, year, characters, factions involved and everything around that. Everyone should have a word in this one.

After we have that meeting, the next week will be dedicated to the server-side of "developement". As in, setting the server up, making sure it works as it should.
Then we should be ready for the launch.

steveee

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 06:00:34 pm »
Great News  !  ;D

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 02:05:25 am »
Q1: Where will the server be physically located?

Q2: How will we support this project financially? Donations like in Reloaded?

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 11:33:18 am »
Q1: Where will the server be physically located?

Q2: How will we support this project financially? Donations like in Reloaded?
Q1 - Aight since I don't really know how to formulate this into a proper sentence, I'll quote the one hosting:
" Idk what the software requirements are but I can put it on CA or EU"
" Since I own my own hosting company"

Hope that is a enough of a answer to you.

Q2 - The server will be hosted by Silver Knight from Hyper Gaming Network, they have their own forum so you can check them out. HGN for short. They offered to host the server for us. Which I am thankful for.
Since we have about 30 players (And roughly just 4 from these Forums, which are FOnline focused - that's quite low), the server will be most likely up for just a month or so, I don't see it continuing much longer unless we gain some significiant amount of players, as in atleast 50. These 30 players I'm talking about are just players that'll check out the server, they aren't stable players, they aren't anyhow super-interested in the roleplaying server. They'll just join, and leave if they dislike it.
The 'core' of our players is roughly 6 players that are actually interested in this server and have some ideas for it, are positive about the idea and are willing to support it.
Well, a bit off-topic. Now to answer your actual question, I'm pretty sure we can manage the first month, maybe even 1/4 of the year without donations. The server will be up aslong as players are interested in it. Without players, there won't be server. But then again, it isn't really worth it to host a server for 10 players, those 10 players can pack up their things and create some roleplaying minority on an already existing server.

Edit; Of course you can donate if you enjoy the server, after all hosting does cost something : ).

We just need players. 30 might seem somehow enough, but hey look at how big New Reno is for example, throw in 30 players and how many positions do you have filled? Two out of three clubs are filled, great.
That was of course just an example, the number of the players plays an important role, since we'll decide the setting based onto it. You can't really roleplay a whole town with 30 players properly, some closed scenario (Such as NCR army training camp, as done before) would be more fitting. If you consider how big is the Fallout world, there's just really alot of things to do, many ways to approach the roleplay, alot of situations. So you just really need players for this project.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:03:41 pm by Knife_cz »

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 01:05:25 am »
"You know how hard it is to give a blowjob in this game?"

no, but i know how hard it is to get one.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 04:53:35 am »
"You know how hard it is to give a blowjob in this game?"

no, but i know how hard it is to get one.
DUUUUUDE!!!!! Why didn't you SAY something?! :P :-*

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 08:19:16 pm »
Friday is just behind the corner, think of the ideas that you could suggest for the roleplay scenario meanwhile.
Of course, we have our own suggestions that will be presented.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 12:21:19 am »
I assume you had that meeting, and launched the idea and started this server, but i do not see how to connect and where to go to meet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:22:22 pm by Henry »