April 27, 2024, 01:16:18 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Fan Fiction: Story of a Slave Girl  (Read 4079 times)

HighElderStark

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Fan Fiction: Story of a Slave Girl
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:55:13 am »
Prologue Pt.1

I'm not sure where to begin.  My name is... was... Georgia.  I was 14 at the time, elder daughter of Benjamin Blackwell; a gunsmith and tinker from Shady Sands.  Along with my younger sister, Jenny, we lived in a tent between there and the quarry.  Though I'd longed to join him mining ore and minerals at the quarry, it had been my job to mind the tent and take care of my little sister while he was away. 

I learned over the past few years, not only how to do a bit of gun smithing, but also how to shoot them.  I remember Lil Jen and I getting so excited about going into town, when Papa would sell the guns to local dealers.  We'd load up the brahmin with all our trade goods and set off across the desert.  Papa had given me one of the new Combat Shotguns he'd fashioned and set me as lookout since I had the better eyes.  Jen tired frequently and ended up riding the brahmin more than walking. 

I remember clearly the last time we went into town as a family.  While Papa dealt with the gun store owners, Jen and I made our way through the town.  We visited the Cantina and got a couple of Nuka Cola's and some Iguana on a Stick.  I noticed a couple of Slavers in there, who couldn't with the tattoos they bore on their foreheads, and they sure noticed us.  One of them tried to buy me a beer and I felt creeped out.  I tried to act tough, older than my age, but I just felt awkward and said something... I don't even know what, before leaving. 

The place was always so beautiful, inside the walls that is.  So clean and the police wore such nice uniforms.  I just felt... safe there... far safer there than at our little tent in the desert.  I told Jen that maybe we could move here one day, she was immediately excited and asked if we could look at the residential area.  We did and again... it was so beautiful and clean.  The houses looked sturdy and all the people walking around... they rarely even wore weapons since there were so many police.  We saw the bath house and Little Jenny giggled with delight, barbeque sauce from her Iguana all over her face.  I opened my pouch and saw that we had about 100 caps between us.  Enough for two hot baths... with soap no less. 

But then I saw the barber... an older blonde... who might have been beautiful a decade or so ago.  Not that I'm much of a looker, at 14 with a flat-chested wirey frame and plain brown hair and eyes.  I decided to forego the bath, though Jenny insisted she was going to have one.  Instead I decided to get a new look, something that would make me look older... tougher.  By the time Little Jenny came out of the baths, most of my hair was shaved, what remained was a kickass mohawk dyed green.

You can imagine the look on my father's face when he saw us.  Little Jenny was squeaky clean and grinning from ear to ear.  I was still dirty and sweaty from travel and had a green mowhawk and a grimace on my face.  Papa didn't get on me too bad, his look said it all.  When I expressed my teenage desire to look older and to feel tougher and then told him about the slavers in the Cantina, he finally conceded.  Jenny pipped in at the right moment talking about how it would be safer for us to live within the city itself so that her big sis, me, wouldn't have to look so tough. 

That was when Papa chuckled and then just shook his head, "You two are a right pair aren't you..." He said there was no point in settling down here, the quarry didn't have much in the way of high quality ore and minerals.  He said he would have moved a long time ago, had he the caps for such a big move.  He smiled then, and said that he'd managed to sell almost all of the guns, and with what we had in the bank, we had enough to move to a more prosperous town.  He told us what the options were and why and let us decide as a family.  Since the only mines he knew of that weren't picked clean and still had good ore were near Redding, Gecko, and Broken Hills, those were our choices. 

I'd heard that Redding could be dangerous and that many of the wasteland factions fought over it.  Broken Hills was a bit safer, but there were a lot of Super Mutants there and the racism that goes along with that.  Gecko had a lot of ghouls which meant I'd never find a boyfriend there... though I considered that Vault City was nearby.  It was safe and secure, clean, and it wasn't too far from Gecko's mine.  That night we packed up all of our things and as the sun rose the next morning we were on the trail Northward. 

Please feel free to post comments or questions to my posts.  Stay tuned and more of the story will be revealed with time.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
Re: Fan Fiction: Story of a Slave Girl
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:28:01 pm »
Awesome start....... 8)
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

HighElderStark

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Prologue Pt.2
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:33:23 pm »
I noticed as we headed North, that we seemed to be skirting Broken Hills to the west.  I questioned father about it and he said that we had enough provisions, if we were careful, to make it all the way to Vault City.  Heading into Broken Hills with all of our gear would be asking for trouble.  I took him at his word and remained silent for most of the morning. 

Around noon, I noticed something up ahead along the old highway.  A reflection of light and knew there had to be something metal there.  I signaled back to father with a hand gesture.  He glanced at Jenny a moment, who was squirming in her seat and seemed a bit red faced.  Looking back at me he nodded and gave the signal that we would take a rest at whatever it was up ahead.

I admit at first, I had thought we were approaching a small hovel and that the reflection was perhaps light on a window.  As the big grey object came into view, we saw that it wasn't a hovel or shack but a big Nuka Cola truck turned over on it's side and the reflection we saw was a window... a windshield to be specific.  We were still cautious as we approached, taking great care to be quiet in the event that there was someone there.  Nothing...

Papa helped Jenny down from the Brahmin and she ran off behind the brick wall of what appeared to be an old bus stop; likely to relieve herself.  I saw several unopened bottles of Nuka Cola lying around, likely hot as hell from the sun but they'd save for later.  As I was working on opening a couple ice chests, Papa was moving to the back of the truck.  I think we were all feeling like we had hit the jackpot so to speak... until...

Well it all happened so quickly... Father was in mid process of opening the back of the truck about the same time Jenny was asking if we had any more corn husks.  It... it... it was all arms and legs and body parts lurching from the recently opened truck.  It was a centaur and Papa had no time to react.  It was on him, ripping him to shreds.  I drew my combat shotgun from the holster on my back... but it was too late. 

The thing ran or crawled, it's so hard to describe.  It launched itself at our overburdoned brahmin.  I remember the animals eyes so wide... I set the gun to burst and let loose on the thing.  Blood was everywhere both the creatures mixed with our brahmins.  I unloaded all of my ammo into the thing... long after it stopped twitching.  By the time I heard the metallic click, indicating I was out of ammo, I saw Jenny kneeling by father, trying to shake him awake... yet the tears in her eyes... she knew he was dead. 

I didn't cry.  I don't know why... I loved my father more than anything... him and Jenny.  I didn't really know my mother, only vague memories from my early childhood.  I felt... empty.  That is all I could say... I felt hard... I had to be... I knew if I couldn't be strong for Jenny... we were fucked. 

Craig Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:03:28 pm »
Very good nice detail
The Masters Of Disharmony Leader
(would you like to know more^^^???)

Come on you ape you wanna live forever?

Dr.phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »