April 23, 2024, 12:28:15 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Power Armor Training  (Read 2328 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Power Armor Training
« on: October 18, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »
Add this item (Technical Manual) to the game. (I think this was available in a wall safe when you bought a bunker base, earlier in 2238 but not any more), and require a character to read this like a skill book in order to use Power Armor.

You can still find and collect PA all you want (if you can!) but to use PA you need to read this book first.

The Technical Manual could be found in various places like Glow, Sierra, certain Special Encounters, TC lockers (as rare as implants), Reno, Warehouse, maybe even random footlockers with blueprints (as rare as gatling lasers).

Find a PA? Great! But learn how to use it first.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:52:21 pm by Henry »

Strike

Re: Power Armor Training
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 09:49:57 pm »
+1

I agree that you should first read this manual, before you could use Power Armor.

Paterlizzi

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »
I also concur.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:03:12 am »
Us, good system to get more casual player out. -1.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 11:01:53 am »
I don't see any benefit to game play from this idea.

It's one more check mark to mark off on the list of shit to acquire, but in total it changes nothing.

I'm going with -1

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:36:29 am »
I might consider.......
if you have the manual, it improves your pa actions, like increase ap's per turn/decrease ap's for actions.......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 12:58:11 pm »
how about no -1

Asland

• YouWantToKnowWhoIAm? AskOthersTheyThinkTheyKnow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 10:36:38 am »
Well at least people think to change something here...could be funny to see some perk or trait that lets you use PA or maybe an add on like: Stonewall lets you also wear PA ...or... trait Small frame lets you not. (if of course we consider PA and HPA the best armor in game in future - best things deserve some attention )
...shitty forum alt...useless rotten troll...just a petite troll...half pubescent schoolgirl...assland is TB trap noob...one of the two little balls from hetzer...idiots like you...A noob...noobie...12years old kid...totaly dumb...Assland is Hawkts...the biggest noob ever...noob HawkTS...

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 09:05:59 pm »
Power Armour is already an impossible item for new players and such. I am sure it's common for people who are active in PvP activites but for everyone else adding some requirement to use PA on top of it's rarity.. puts PA into mythical status.

Now if PA was somewhat more common then it is now. Then yeah by all means have some other requiremnt so as to not flood the game with PA wearing people.

Asland

• YouWantToKnowWhoIAm? AskOthersTheyThinkTheyKnow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 06:56:09 am »
Power Armour is already an impossible item for new players and such. I am sure it's common for people who are active in PvP activites but for everyone else adding some requirement to use PA on top of it's rarity.. puts PA into mythical status.
And it should be like that, we are talking about best armor in the game  ;).
Now if PA was somewhat more common then it is now. Then yeah by all means have some other requiremnt so as to not flood the game with PA wearing people.
It is common enough already.
...shitty forum alt...useless rotten troll...just a petite troll...half pubescent schoolgirl...assland is TB trap noob...one of the two little balls from hetzer...idiots like you...A noob...noobie...12years old kid...totaly dumb...Assland is Hawkts...the biggest noob ever...noob HawkTS...

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 12:57:27 pm »
i once accidently found some player who wanted to pass a map to an alt (seems he had no sandboxie for that).. we had a long fight then at his tent (in which he fast relogged many times but i can comprehend why he was doing so ;)) in which at the end i raided most important stuff like motions, 3k gb ammo and more things.

in the end i gave him an implant and hpa (he was only doing pve alone) and told him to switch to a base or at least make a new tent. he was really happy to lay his hands on a fresh HPA-set and an implant.

My point is that power armor is of course common for the pvp people hanging around at warehouse/new reno or controlling tc lockers.. but it is still some kind of achievement for the pve/rollplaying people here. So it is no problem for the pvp people to obtain such a training (it could be just another perk like awareness or light steps) but it would be a much greater pleasure for rollplaying people for their way to ultimate (pve)wasteland-conquerors.

tl;dr +1 maybe make a quest for this

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:51:16 pm »
I don't see any benefit to game play from this idea.

It's one more check mark to mark off on the list of shit to acquire, but in total it changes nothing.

I'm going with -1
Well, I totally agree with this.

Moep

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 10:04:04 am »
if something like this should be implemented, then by an instructing npc somewhere in Enclave and BoS respectively after a questchain and/or having PA in inventory.

Why implementing such a step? I`d say, maybe for not letting lvl 1 chars (toons) to level easily. Dunno if thats a common case, as I never got hand on a PA myself.

Craig Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 02:18:53 am »
Brilliant idea i think it will really change how the game is played for the better instead of 20 people doin tc all in pa it might be 5
The Masters Of Disharmony Leader
(would you like to know more^^^???)

Come on you ape you wanna live forever?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 08:49:36 am »
To use? Nope.
To craft? Yep.