April 18, 2024, 04:01:18 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: brahmin gate problemo THIS IS PROBLEM  (Read 1637 times)

• View Profile
brahmin gate problemo THIS IS PROBLEM
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:06:10 am »
Okay. just do something about hubs and other areas gates. when player stands there even 5 seconds. the guards will rage and stops protecting player anymore.

I just started playing the game. i tough i go shovel some shit to gain start... Well. i go to gate. open it. (well first time playing clicking correct spots with difference keyicons aint so easy, so in that time. was around 8 seconds. guards raged on me about not standing others way. then i noticed that they no longer defend me if other players do some noob trolling. so please
Could be imposibble if this will be changed so that people notice more greatly that u cant stand at gateway and MAKE IT LOT LONGER before guards will "abandon" your worth of life.
i saw this happen to many other new players. at instant when player stops moving at gate guards starts shouting at rapidfire and it wont take probaply less than 5secs when they ignore player.

most sarcastic part "youve caused problem in this town, guards wont protect you" -____- GOOD LUCK NEW PLAYERS YAY. just go dig up some shit and get noob trollers on u best way!

Zormad

• View Profile
Re: brahmin gate problemo THIS IS PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 08:38:42 am »
if we make the door blocking time longer people might use that for trolling or whatnot so I don't think it's such a good idea. just don't block doorways, your reputation in town will improve and you'll be protected again soon enough.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:49 pm »
I didint even know first why did i get "you have caused trouble in this town guards wont protect you"
its just wrong that new people do something mistakes like this that they cant noway of knowing and then they get shitload of trolling on top. i think it will make most new players ragequit and never playing game again.
another thing is doors that are so close to wall corner that u have to pixelhunt it, and  if u dont pixelhunt it soon enough, well same thing.
I think all players in protected areas should be noclip to each other, so players could freely walk small shops without crow, and in crow u cant move. and luckyli youre standing at the door.....

But seriosly MORE THAN 5 seconds. its like "dont do that!" "Do what?" "THATS IT WE DONT CARE ANYMORE!" then comes the troller season when enterin protected town where is other players is suicide. and how hard would be to newplayers to play game without having place like hub?

i think best solution would be that player cant simply stand at door / gate. he automaticly goes 1-2 steps onward from that position, and same thing when coming out.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 03:18:19 am »
It applies to any door, not just the Brahmin gates.
Is it possible to set them up to just push you?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 07:47:58 am »
It applies to any door, not just the Brahmin gates.
Is it possible to set them up to just push you?

Well i got the idea that why not remove whole town reputation rape because youre standing at the door ?
Because if player is standing at door you can just push it off. (what looks like punching)

Well yes i just tried it myself with ALT char. you can push somebody to door, and then the guards starts rage.

So basiacly you can kill and rob players in places like  HUB whos afk and not receiving guardpunishment.
so it should be removed. or trollers read this and they learn something new. sooner or later.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:52:46 am by 799 »

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:34:50 pm »
what you're suggesting will not fix anything and most likely will create problems. if you're worried about trolling then think what could happen if blocking doorways was not punished, even if you push someone he can run back to the same spot before you can push him again.

is it so hard to learn not to block doorways and not to go afk in public locations?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 06:30:38 pm »
Okay. just do something about hubs and other areas gates. when player stands there even 5 seconds. the guards will rage and stops protecting player anymore.
It takes much more warnings than one and much more than 5 seconds to get reputation so low that guards stop protecting you.

So basiacly you can kill and rob players in places like  HUB whos afk and not receiving guardpunishment.
so it should be removed. or trollers read this and they learn something new. sooner or later.
Wrong. No such thing happened for more than a year. It's easy to avoid that.

what you're suggesting will not fix anything and most likely will create problems. if you're worried about trolling then think what could happen if blocking doorways was not punished, even if you push someone he can run back to the same spot before you can push him again.

is it so hard to learn not to block doorways and not to go afk in public locations?
Exactly. This "fix" would only cause problems.