March 29, 2024, 06:59:41 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: (Quest) Cathedral basement  (Read 1510 times)

Cadicristein

• View Profile
(Quest) Cathedral basement
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:11:04 am »
Hi,

I'd like to report a potential bug involving the quest to clear the Cathedral basement of rats.  I ended up dying upon my first attempt, as I underestimated the brain vermin, and was swarmed by them.  After gaining a few more levels and obtaining better equipment, I returned to try the quest again.  When I talked to the quest-giver, I had the option to say that I had killed everything down there.  I didn't say that and instead returned to the basement, thinking that something might be wrong.  Everything seemed normal on levels 1 and 2, but the third level of the basement was a different story.  Despite dying the first time on level 1, everything on the third level was dead; the plants, ghoul, and even the crazy monk.  When I exited the basement, and talked to the guy again, I was at least able to complete the quest and recieve the reward.

That is all. 

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
Re: (Quest) Cathedral basement
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »
What exactly is the bug then, my friend?

Cadicristein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:34:03 am »
That all the monsters on the third level were dead, despite me not killing them.  I was just a little bummed out that I wasn't able to slaughter them myself and earn a little more XP.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »
That all the monsters on the third level were dead, despite me not killing them.  I was just a little bummed out that I wasn't able to slaughter them myself and earn a little more XP.
That is rather odd that they were dead, but I done it a few months ago and everything was alright.
If it helps, the plants don't really give any good XP. Nor put up any good fight.

I don't really remember the NPCs there, but if there was a monk fighting plants, it's possible the monk killed the plants, and then died of poison. Resulting in all of them dying.

I wouldn't really consider it a bug.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:43:52 pm by Knife_cz »