March 28, 2024, 08:44:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: World map mods  (Read 3208 times)

Caligula

• View Profile
World map mods
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:53:50 am »
Not sure if anyone has come up with this before, but I was thinking how nice it would be, to be able to customize the world map. To be able to label the squares or colour code them so that areas one wishes to grind out XP can be marked. So for example, If i found a good place to hunt from Brahman, I could select the square and change its colour to say... Green or something. Have some kind of floating HUD, which keeps the coordinates and is capable of clicking on and sending the player too. There is no reason we should be restricted to the confines of what was only available in the past. The technology is there, and there are enough people who claim to be capable of whipping things like this up over the weekend. I'd like to see what someone could come up with.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: World map mods
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:39:00 am »
Sounds good but for now we can just set up a tent there, at places where we want to return. I have a tent in my favorite cave-hunting zone, for example.

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:06:09 pm »
Back in the day at TLA there were some map replacers. But they weren't "mods" they were just new (modified) map pictures.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:01:59 pm »
Worldmap graphics files are stored in client so you can replace them with whatever you want to. So, it is possible.

WantedMan

• Why So Serious ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:39 am »
For me it is a good idea :)  +1