April 26, 2024, 07:24:50 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 14/09/2013  (Read 10529 times)

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 14/09/2013
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:11 am »
Every day/every week etc didn't mean this so literal. Just better is to have hard set time not changeable for something like that.

I think Redding is good right now but yea Broken Hills could use some different time.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »
Wait, so because it's more of an inconvenient time now for EU you want it changed? What about the community that isn't located in the EU who can't come on at 2-4pm EST (before noon, California time) full force, because they have things to do during the day? Surely you're not so short sighted to forget that other people are actually playing the game.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 01:48:42 pm »
Wait, so because it's more of an inconvenient time now for EU you want it changed? What about the community that isn't located in the EU who can't come on at 2-4pm EST (before noon, California time) full force, because they have things to do during the day? Surely you're not so short sighted to forget that other people are actually playing the game.
Yea i know, i just said Redding right now have good time because there was few gangs who fight for town in that time. For that i said BH could have different time. Still i didn't see any other gangs taking non time set towns.

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »
A good idea would be to have more towns able to be taken in TC, all with equal rewards but each at a different time gap. Necropolis for example is going unused for the most part, make that town able to be taken at like 1-2AM CET or something (and maybe Adytum too, we can leave the Hub/Junktown/NCR three-town strip safe and guarded) so people from other continents and such can have and hold a town instead of having it taken while they sleep (and vice versa).

Whilst this is predominantly an EU server, is based in EU and provided for by EU developers, it is still one of the only reasonably playable FOnline games and you could be supporting many more factions from the US rather than just the one that has to fight sleep schedules just to hold a town with more than 4 people online (of our 12+ and growing, during our own prime-time), or take every non-Redding/BH town overnight while all of the Europeans are asleep.

19-20 CETKlamath12-13 EST
20-21 CETDen13-14 EST
21-22 CETRedding14-15 EST
22-23 CETBroken Hills15-16 EST
23-00 CETModoc16-17 EST
00-01 CETGecko17-18 EST
01-02 CETNecropolis18-19 EST
02-03 CETAdytum19-20 EST

(Not entirely sure if I got the times right, may be an hour off/have DST in effect, but you get the idea.) You could also spread the times out even more over the course of the day, with 1 hour gaps inbetween each capture time.

Obviously balance it so that each town gives rewards of equal value (this is the important part of this system), so not everyone has to be awake/not at work to take the two towns worth a damn. This should add a lot more activity during North American timezones if done correctly and give everyone a chance at some town control, without having an ultra dominant faction own every "good" town because some others can't compete during their prime-time.

Point is, with a system like this, every gang in the game should be able to find a town that they can fight for during their primetime, whether this impacts other gangs' ability to take it is completely fine because they have their own ones to fight for. Wouldn't it be cool with every couple of towns being owned by a different faction with different laws and such?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:54:59 pm by Nark »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Odin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 04:13:52 pm »
A good idea would be to have more towns able to be taken in TC, all with equal rewards but each at a different time gap. Necropolis for example is going unused for the most part, make that town able to be taken at like 1-2AM CET or something (and maybe Adytum too, we can leave the Hub/Junktown/NCR three-town strip safe and guarded) so people from other continents and such can have and hold a town instead of having it taken while they sleep (and vice versa).

Whilst this is predominantly an EU server, is based in EU and provided for by EU developers, it is still one of the only reasonably playable FOnline games and you could be supporting many more factions from the US rather than just the one that has to fight sleep schedules just to hold a town with more than 4 people online (of our 12+ and growing, during our own prime-time), or take every non-Redding/BH town overnight while all of the Europeans are asleep.

19-20 CETKlamath12-13 EST
20-21 CETDen13-14 EST
21-22 CETRedding14-15 EST
22-23 CETBroken Hills15-16 EST
23-00 CETModoc16-17 EST
00-01 CETGecko17-18 EST
01-02 CETNecropolis18-19 EST
02-03 CETAdytum19-20 EST

(Not entirely sure if I got the times right, may be an hour off/have DST in effect, but you get the idea.) You could also spread the times out even more over the course of the day, with 1 hour gaps inbetween each capture time.

Obviously balance it so that each town gives rewards of equal value (this is the important part of this system), so not everyone has to be awake/not at work to take the two towns worth a damn. This should add a lot more activity during North American timezones if done correctly and give everyone a chance at some town control, without having an ultra dominant faction own every "good" town because some others can't compete during their prime-time.

Point is, with a system like this, every gang in the game should be able to find a town that they can fight for during their primetime, whether this impacts other gangs' ability to take it is completely fine because they have their own ones to fight for. Wouldn't it be cool with every couple of towns being owned by a different faction with different laws and such?

Expanding on Narkie Narks idea here:

There seems to be dominant factions taking over the towns, usually one faction will control most of the towns at one time. This pushes smaller factions from getting that sweet sweet endgame PA. So here's what I suggest to balance the playing field and throw some more pvp competition into the mix.

THESE FIGURES ARE EXAMPLES OF OVERLAP I'M TALKING ABOUT, IT IS NON OPTIMIZED FOR BOTH EURO AND AMERICAN GAMEPLAY.

19 - 20 CETKlamath12-13 EST
19.30 - 20.30 CETDen12.30 - 13.30 EST
20 - 21 CETRedding13 - 14 EST
20.30 - 21.30 CETBroken Hills13.30 - 14.30 EST
21 - 22 CETModoc14 - 15 EST
21.30 - 22.30 CETGecko14.30 - 15.30 EST
22 - 23 CETNecropolis15 - 16 EST
22.30 - 23.30 CETAdytum15.30 - 16.30 EST

Another suggestion is switching broken hills to be taken at any time, keeping the same chance of PA (or give it a 1% chance), but increasing the ammo and caps by roughly 50% and making the locker open able every hour. So you can have a better reward for actually trying to hold the town, and also giving a place of high reward pvp to constantly take place. Also if broken hills is changed to that I'd suggest no militia in BH only to give noobs a chance to swipe loot.

I think those would effectively level the playing field.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:16:43 pm by Odin »

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 04:19:34 pm »
Maybe a 3 hour split between the top 4 towns and the bottom 4 towns listed, so both timezones get a fair chance at each half, whilst still having the overlap element to an extent.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 05:06:30 pm »
I prefer to keep tc window for bh and redding and maby den. If someone want to keep city he have to make strong gang or make alliance

Tomowolf

• "You rules really begin to annoy me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »
I prefer to keep tc window for bh and redding and maby den. If someone want to keep city he have to make strong gang or make alliance
You mean swarm battles, you like em, eh?
In game nick : ****.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 09:28:41 am »
tomowolf you know how it works.
if we have 5-6 small gangs everyone will wait to sandwich gang who attacked as first. but with more fails rage lvl is grow and weaker gangs are making alliances to swarm their enemies, and this start armaments race, who get more peple and who have better stuff.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:49:09 am by jacky »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 02:28:41 pm »
Yeah TC windows are for swarm battles and I don't consider making all towns having TC windows, at all. Two towns are enough. If it gets boring I can change Redding/BH to Den/Gecko or something after few weeks. People from America can take these 4 towns easily while EU players are sleeping, but can lose them during day in EU, so I don't know what's the real problem here.

Odin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 06:39:05 pm »
Yeah TC windows are for swarm battles and I don't consider making all towns having TC windows, at all. Two towns are enough. If it gets boring I can change Redding/BH to Den/Gecko or something after few weeks. People from America can take these 4 towns easily while EU players are sleeping, but can lose them during day in EU, so I don't know what's the real problem here.

The problem is that your american players are comprised of people mostly going to work or school, I see us hop on generally around 10pm EST and we're in full swing by 11pm EST. The sad part is that nobody is there to combat us most of the time when our numbers are on. We just want to see some more sustained competition. Our clan is currently completely unable to take the towns of BH/Redding durring those hours because none of us are on at that time.

It's boring as heck waiting 15-20 mins to take the town when nobody is coming in to fight you. I want to see some blood! I want to see some action! Lead flying, people blown up, children screaming, soldiers bested, competitors slain. I want the harsh reality of wasteland superiority to deal a swift deafening blow to those that stand up to us. Sadly there are no competitors to best. I think adding a timed slot when americans are on will make it a little more worthy to kill each other over.

It will also make it so that mid-game the whole wastes won't be dominated by only Eurasian players who can constantly control those slotted towns.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:44:24 pm by Odin »

Lackey

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 06:42:42 pm »

Because we miss out on some of the best PvP action. We are forced to degrade ourselves by taking towns backhandedly during the night while factions defend them with skeleton crews of less than 10. During the TC times, it is hard for American factions to muster more than 10 players due to careers and education.

It's not a matter of not being able to control a town. Its a matter of not getting able to fight for it. It grows tiring sweeping 4 towns while John Hex multilogs or rolling a few NetWars players.

If you set two times in which Redding and Broken Hills can be taken, one your time zone, and one ours. You create a window for Americans to compete vs others in that time zone, or against Europeans/Asians who are willing to stay up.

Odin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 06:46:29 pm »

Because we miss out on some of the best PvP action. We are forced to degrade ourselves by taking towns backhandedly during the night while factions defend them with skeleton crews of less than 10. During the TC times, it is hard for American factions to muster more than 10 players due to careers and education.

It's not a matter of not being able to control a town. Its a matter of not getting able to fight for it. It grows tiring sweeping 4 towns while John Hex multilogs or rolling a few NetWars players.

If you set two times in which Redding and Broken Hills can be taken, one your time zone, and one ours. You create a window for Americans to compete vs others in that time zone, or against Europeans/Asians who are willing to stay up.

+1