April 29, 2024, 12:16:31 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caves scavenging  (Read 1999 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Caves scavenging
« on: September 07, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »
is it possible to somehow determine if there is loot in a cave?
mb some kind of a loot-highllighter?

and the mobs there are kinda slow when it's time to start a fight.

What about the global map locations: are they random, but depending on the relievo of the global map, or the location are always predefined and the game engine just populates them if necessary?

And one more question: can I somehow mark the location of something on my map? For example, if I bring my friend to my tent, how can he memorize the location of the tent?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves scavenging
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:39:12 pm »
is it possible to somehow determine if there is loot in a cave?
mb some kind of a loot-highllighter?
Yes there are a couple of mods that help. The one i use drops the walls and makes most floor items look like Hummer cars (lol) so it's hard to miss them. It is called CaveHelper i think. search forum.

What about the global map locations: are they random, but depending on the relievo of the global map, or the location are always predefined and the game engine just populates them if necessary?
Please re-word this question. I am trying to understand.

And one more question: can I somehow mark the location of something on my map? For example, if I bring my friend to my tent, how can he memorize the location of the tent?
Read wiki man. You can upgrade a fire pit to Campfire and get a map item. Your friend reads that map item and gets the location.

I do caves very quickly one after another with very little trouble because i use a Sneak 300 in Leather 2 and that CaveHelper mod.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:43:36 pm by Henry »

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 05:59:57 pm »
Henry, you are the best :) (here is the mod: http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=3308.0 )
Read wiki man. You can upgrade a fire pit to Campfire and get a map item. Your friend reads that map item and gets the location.

I know that, but what if I'm following one's bot and want to remember the location? or what if I left a slave on a global map and want to remember the place..

Well, ok, not a slave, but an item.
Please re-word this question. I am trying to understand.
I just wonder if it's possible to get two times in one location... like I found a cave with some deathclaws and I freaking don't want to be there again, so should I change the square of cave hunting, or not?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:06:21 pm by cthulchu »

Strike

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 06:31:35 pm »
I just wonder if it's possible to get two times in one location... like I found a cave with some deathclaws and I freaking don't want to be there again, so should I change the square of cave hunting, or not?
Possible to find same cave in square, if other player(s) inside that cave or in encounter. When you are alone and leave encounter with cave, you won't find that cave again.

Edit: Also one more way to find same cave encounter again: http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Flare
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:40:09 pm by Strike »

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 06:48:52 pm »
wow, the functionality of flares amazes! Thanks, that was the thing I was interested in.

Guys, can you tell me what mods do you use? :) would be nice.

Strike

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »
wow, the functionality of flares amazes! Thanks, that was the thing I was interested in.
Just be careful with flares:

When a flare is used inside an encounter, it will make this encounter visible to all players on the worldmap. Beware of obvious traps!

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 09:29:24 pm »
If i understand things correctly...

Random encounters are not real locations on the map. They are temporary places only and are gone once you leave (with a few exceptions). They don't get stored in memory so when you find a cave and exit, that cave is gone. Anything you left in that cave is also gone. For good. So if you're in the world map and you click to enter a location, an encounter map is generated for you. If you exit and re-enter that exact same post on the world map, you do not get that first encounter back. You just get yet another randomly generated temporary place.

Exceptions include: if any player is there, or if someone parked a car there. I never used any flares like that so i don't know the limitation.