April 30, 2024, 11:45:15 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Br Martin's Info on Tape!  (Read 4341 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Br Martin's Info on Tape!
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:35:34 am »
Brother Martin asked me to announce the official launch of his Digital Library.

In an effort to help all players, especially newer ones, to climb this world's learning curve a little faster, Brother Martin is making his holotape collection available to whomever can benefit from its info.

INFORMATION ON TAPE

When you get a holotape from Brother Martin, "USE" it and its info will be uploaded to your Pip-Boy. Then check your Pip-Boy Archives to view the record. Over 30 subjects are represented on these tapes, all supported by The Miners, a private faction that produces a wide range of survival gear.

Br Martin's Holotape Library Index
Tape 001: DONE 1995 - Welcome Warning
Tape 002: DONE 1967 - Rules
Tape 003: DONE 1959 - Config Options
Tape 004: DONE 1992 - Getting Started
Tape 005: DONE 1957 - Commands
Tape 006: DONE 1958 - Controls
Tape 007: DONE 1965 - Skill Books
Tape 008: DONE 1904 - Crafting
Tape 009: DONE 1778 - Professions
Tape 010: DONE 1922 - Making Caps
Tape 011: DONE 1974 - Radios
Tape 012: DONE 1980 - Communicaiton
Tape 013: DONE 1978 - Town Scoping
Tape 014: DONE 1940 - Drivers Ed
Tape 015: DONE 1893 - Vehicle List
Tape 016: DONE 1948 - Combat Drugs
Tape 017: DONE 1980 - Radiation Meds
Tape 018: DONE 1996 - Fighter Training
Tape 019: DONE 1999 - Implants
Tape 020: DONE 1997 - Hit Chance
Tape 021: DONE 1994 - Weapon Perks
Tape 022: DONE 1990 - Support Perks
Tape 023: DONE 1970 - Leveling Tips
Tape 024: DONE 1728 - XP Levels
Tape 025: DONE 1806 - Skill Points
Tape 026: DONE 1996 - About Holotapes
Tape 027: DONE 1949 - VTDB
Tape 028: DONE 1991 - Caravans
Tape 029: DONE 1898 - Abbreviations
Tape 030: DONE 1995 - Safe Network
Tape 031: DONE 1988 - About Damage

Most of this is info straight from the wiki, and is thus very handy to have in-game. Need a reminder about which factors affect Hit Chance? Want to review which guns have weapon perks? Need to know where to get a Support Perk? Look it up in your Pip-Boy without having to open a browser.

Standard Procedure
Find Brother Martin healing people at the Hub and ask him about his tapes - he'll be glad to share. He does not carry all 30 tapes around all the time, so tell him which tapes you already have or which ones you want. When he drops a tape on the ground, grab it, load it and drop it. He will drop a 2nd tape and grab the one you dropped. Meanwhile you grab the 2nd one and the two of you can go back and forth like that until you have all 30 if you can stand it.

Watch for New Tapes Next Season
Tape 032: PLANNED 0000 - Companions
Tape 033: PLANNED 0000 - Banks
Tape 034: PLANNED 0000 - Homesteaders
Tape 035: PLANNED 0000 - Private Mines
Tape 036: PLANNED 0000 - NPC Factions
Tape 037: PLANNED 0000 - Player Factions
Tape 038: PLANNED 0000 - Player Bases
Tape 051: DONE 1939 - Pre-TC Checklist
Tape 095: PLANNED 0000 - Character Rerolls
Tape 096: DONE 1959 - Game History
Tape 097: DONE 1058 - Reloaded Server
Tape 098: PLANNED 0000 - Server Wipes
Tape 099: PLANNED 0000 - Donations

Own Your Own Copy
If you would like to own a complete set of Br Martin's tape library, you can. You can use these to help newer members of your faction, recruits, or just a friend struggling for a foothold in the wasteland. Bring 40 blank tapes to Br Martin and he will exchange them for 30 tapes loaded with all of his works.

Where to Get Tapes
-You get 2 tapes from a message quest that starts in Necropolis and goes to Gecko and back
-You get 1 tape from a message quest in NCR that goes to Vault City
-Buy a tape at the Boneyard Library for 500 caps (limit 1 tape at a time with a timer)
-Buy tapes at Den or Gordon's Gas Station for usually only 60 caps
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:33:40 am by Henry »

Dog Sullivan

• "Dont shoot!"
    • View Profile
Re: Br Martin's Info on Tape!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:11:29 pm »

Awesome job! I dont know why we dont do this snce the beggining! A really good idea, Brother Martin! Its really useful because the info is IN the game and you dont hve to get out of it to search for commands, and other info.

Thumbs up for this great idea!

brothabluu

• Don't gain the world and lose your soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:14:31 am »
I met Brother Martin in the hub and his holo tapes really helped me a lot, didn't want to visit the wiki before i tried the game first. Big up's to Bro Martin for the time and effort he puts into helping new players with his holo tapes.
Wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:53:53 pm »
nice initiative. I always liked using holotapes, but since we have better means of comunication they are kind of useless.
anyway I hope I'll have a chance to get this collection soon.

General Oliver

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:46 pm »
40 tapes for a copies how funny.

Jim Rustel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:02:33 am »
Just received a collection of tapes, the first 10. Good stuff so far. Explains the game well in detail, categorized too.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 03:29:21 am »
I have had a lot of good feedback about these tapes, so i clarify: yes i keep the tapes in txt files outside of the game so i will have them ready on Day 1 of Season 2 (limited only by how fast i can get tapes in game). So wipe won't erase the tapes.

Also Brother Martin has been asked many times about build advice while sharing tapes. Yes, adding many tapes about build advice is part of the plan but these will not be written until Season 2 begins and the new changelog has been fully reviewed.

On this topic...build advice varies widely between players and even 2 guys with tons of pvp experience over 5 years will argue about build advice, so whatever gets written on these short holotapes will be:

- Far too limited per tape to fully cover it all
- From only 1 player's perspective
- Never enough info since there are so many build combinations and only so many tapes lol

That said, Brother Martin will be happy to provide whatever help he can to whomever wants it. 

Cjpk

• "Cjpk" /ingame, Cjpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 01:00:15 am »
After reading one of brother martins first holotapes (which he kindly dropped all 30 of em for me and another player) it gave me a feel for the game that iam still learning alot about and enjoying the rugged and tough wasteland experience, and iam still delveing into all 30 of his tapes. i think if you implemented a way for all new player's to go through or have this in their pip boy or inventory it'd help alot of new player's like me. The community here is awesome and helpfull strongly suggest reading Brother martins advice it is extremely helpfull.
I like long walks on the beach and chilling with my waifus, and i like my frendz ehg blax n bur.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 01:20:20 am »
Glad you like them. You can download a new client (expected in Season 2) and see the new F1 feature. Check The Workshop here. It is a vast improvement coming "soon" and virtually replaces most of the use of Br Martin's holotapes. So getting useful info will be a lot easier and won't require a certain character to be online. We'll be able to post FOHelp file links on forum for anyone to grab, copy to the proper directory, and then BAM you see them in-game via F1 which will be multiple pages. Very cool.

FYI: this community has some helpful people yes, but most guys here are total frickin morons and jackasses. (There's no tape on that, sorry. Maybe there should be.) Theories vary about why. Maybe someone will discover a cure some day. Until then, trust nobody!

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:41 am »
Well that was very kind of him. :D
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Merkava

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 10:27:36 pm »
I've met Brother Martin today.
He shared his knowledge with all his tapes and helped me understand all complex aspects of game.
Awesome piece of role play with tons of helpfull info now all on my Pip-boy!
Thank you Brother!

Cjpk

• "Cjpk" /ingame, Cjpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 05:41:12 am »
with the new session All ready started, brother martin has improved and organized a very detailed and new Holotape release! it covers a nice variety of use full tips for the new wastelander, giveing you a nice feel for the game it touches ground on good information where to get vehincles,support perks and locations for the support perks,combat basics, and history of the game. the only complaint i have is that there isin't more to read! i cant wait to see brother martins next report. and more notes for the new session. Praise brother Martins Holotapes!
I like long walks on the beach and chilling with my waifus, and i like my frendz ehg blax n bur.