April 20, 2024, 01:02:24 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: starting position in random encounter  (Read 1738 times)

artek405

• View Profile
starting position in random encounter
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:55:51 pm »
May i suggest that there should be random starting position when you are forced in random encounter. It will prevent fom killing people (that barely arrived into encunter) by campers,cause they wont be able to know where player appears.To improve this map should have more "place to hide"(i mean walls rocks etc.) Waiting for your opinion about this.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:58:32 pm by artek405 »

Strike

Re: starting position in random encounter
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »
+1

Players almost everytime start in middle of fight, I also think there should be different positions for random encounter spawn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:06:28 pm by Strike »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:38:02 am »
Players almost everytime start in middle of fight, I also think there should be different positions for random encounter spawn.
Doesn't it depend on you PE and Cautious Nature support perk? Less PE you have, the closer to the middle you resp. With my high-PE (even without Cautious Nature) characters I've been always resping in very best spots.

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:28:53 am »
Doesn't it depend on you PE and Cautious Nature support perk? Less PE you have, the closer to the middle you resp. With my high-PE (even without Cautious Nature) characters I've been always resping in very best spots.
yes, its working like that but still, try to respawn somewhere else then into middle of map when going to TB trap without car..

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:42:25 am »
i dont know much about how spawning points can be set in the mapper. but if it is easy maybe urukhai can do some changes to them. i havent participated in much tb encounters yet (public ones with pvp) but i was always spawning near the middle 2 hexes beside enemies (with 10 pe ofc) and in 4 or 5 runs i only had 1 turnfor doing anything (cause i was killed before i had my turn).

maybe time should also be adjusted in turn based encounters. if you have motion sensor with you, it will have no charges left most likely after 2 turns.. it should only consume energy when it is his wearers turn or something like that? (made a suggestion at this point)

<offtopic> if i wont be so lazy i would buy for every tc and pvp (reno, warehouse) location a depotbase and block all car spawns except one to always have the same position when entering for fastening my return in combat ;) but sadly.. im lazy :D there are some tents that have really horrible spawns for cars (like the top mountain tent map)

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 02:29:41 pm »
yes, its working like that but still, try to respawn somewhere else then into middle of map when going to TB trap without car..
First thing I want to mention - there are different spawn points when you enter new encounter and when you enter existing one, I guess. Second - to be honest I've always been resping in pretty good spots like these with PE 9 and without Cautious Nature (btw I think it works even better for placement than 10 PE but that's my subjective oppinion coming from comparison tank/burster/sniper).

Of course TB traps make you die insta and 15AP plasma spammers pretty much too. And of course it depends on the encounter map, but with my high-PE tank I usually could resist first turn after spawning and hide or had first shot (and could hide anyway in the end). I've played much and only in TB near SF before joining faction, so I know what I'm saying (it's really more statistic than a guess). :D

P.S. Maybe Outdoorsman skill affects it also? I have always had 130-150 on my chars, so it would make sense.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:31:15 pm by BB. »