April 29, 2024, 03:01:39 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Tent/Load Bug  (Read 1909 times)

Apostle

• View Profile
Tent/Load Bug
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:51:58 am »
Sorry, new. Probably addressed or some kind of fix, but I've come across a very game breaking bug.

After completing Tent in the Wasteland, I decided to try out my tent to see what it's all about. Found some area out in the wastes. The area had some rocks around, so could be it? I dunno.

Threw the tent, and it faded out to a load image. And it spent a few minutes just loading. Hit escape and was sent back to the main menu. Then tried to load the game, but now in infinite load screen, for instance Vault Boy with "Get Ready."

Again, I'm new so I probably just screwed up. Probably was the area with nearby big rocks.

My current character is named Mordin. If I did just mess up, would it be possible for admins to take me off that map and throw me down into the hub so when I load the game, it'll just load me at the hub? I probably won't have my tent in my inventory, though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:57:02 am by WittyUsername »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Re: Tent/Load Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:04:04 pm »
Your internet probably just went out for a second. If you log back in, I'm sure you will be on the world map with your tent in your inventory. OR maybe your tent will be placed. Log in and find out. ^^

Apostle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:16:34 pm »
I've already done that a number of times, several different hours apart. I often check on these things before creating a thread in a bug forum of any software I use.

I'm far from a technical expert when it comes to games, but since there's large rocks on the map, what I think it happening is it's trying to render the sprite on the map but can't, causing it to get locked up permanently.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 07:54:04 pm »
Large rocks or not, it shouldn't happen. If the terrain is too rough for the tent, it'll say "You cannot find an appropriate place for your tent." or something like that.

Take a screen shot, and a log if at all possible, then post them here.

Apostle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 03:26:48 am »
I.... can't really give you a screenshot since it's nothing but a loading screen. I mean, I can, but it's extremely unhelpful.

As far logging information, I have no idea what to do there. Some applications have logging info put in a text document, but I haven't found anything.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. FOnline.log, thought it would have log in its name and not the extension.

Here:

Starting FOnline (version 0423-EC)...
Engine initialization...
Sprite manager initialization...
GraphicLoader::LoadEffect - Unable to compile effect, effect<Primitive_Default.fx>, errors<
error X3539: ps_1_x is no longer supported; use /Gec in fxc to automatically upgrade to ps_2_0
error X3539: Alternately, fxc's /LD option allows use of the old compiler DLL

C:\Users\Esshole\My Games\FOnline Reloaded\memory(31,19): ID3DXEffectCompiler::CompileEffect: There was an error compiling expression
ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed
>.
Sprite manager initialization complete.
Sound manager initialization...
Sound manager initialization complete.
Loaded<143> critter types.
Load scripts...
Bind reserved functions...
Bind reserved functions complete.
Script::Bind - Function<void changedParam_UnspentTag(CritterCl&,uint,int)> in module<parameters> not found.
FOClient::SScriptFunc::Global_SetParameterChangeBehaviour : Script error: Function not found. : config : void InitializeGame() : 204, 2 : FOClient::ReloadScripts : Game.
Signature<InvHead> not found.
Load scripts complete.
Interface initialization.
Load data.
Load sprites.
Interface initialization complete.
Item manager initialization...
Item manager initialization complete.
Hex field initialization...
Hex field initialization complete.
Engine initialization complete.
Network init...
Connecting to server<play.fonline-reloaded.net:2238>.
Connecting successful.
Network init successful.
Auntification success.
Change map...
Get hash of map, pid<288>...Load map<map288> from cache fail.
Engine finish...
Disconnect.
Traffic: send<224>, receive<12917>, whole<13141>, receive real<48744>.
Disconnect success.
Resource manager finish...
Resource manager finish complete.
Hex field finish...
Hex field finish complete.
Sprite manager finish...
Sprite manager finish complete.
Sound manager finish.
Sound manager finish complete.
Engine finish complete.
FOnline finished.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:13:19 am by WittyUsername »

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:50:27 am »
Try to clear or cache folder and run the game again.

Apostle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:02:45 am »
Nope. Behavior is acting the same. I deleted everything in the cache folder, but it made no difference.

At this point, I already made a new character and already passed what mordin was at. I was hoping that this bug would tell me what happened so I can take measures to avoid the issue in the future and take whatever supplies I had from Mordin and use it for my new character since now Mordin is obsolete.

Ah well.