April 28, 2024, 04:43:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Replacement For C4  (Read 3962 times)

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Replacement For C4
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:36:16 pm »
I did some searching and I didn't anything like this, so here it is.

As everyone knows (Mostly everyone), C4 is an abused and overpowered item. Even with its nerf, it is still way too strong! It is a game breaking item which needs to be gotten rid of. I mean, when 2 sneaks can defeat 5 or more fully geared soldiers with C4, you know there is a problem. Since there is no level cap and skill points are easy to gain, any PvP character can get 300% traps for some MASSIVE C4 damage. But enough of my ranting, I want to propose my solution.

I suggest not only to be rid of C4, but to replace it. A Proximity Mine would be the ideal solution.

The Claymore would have a set 80-120 explosive damage, which is NOT affected by the traps skill %. Also, maybe give a 20% chance of crippling each leg. It will detonate when the player comes in to a close proximity (Maybe 3-5 hexes?) from the front of the mine obviously. The Claymore is not seen by the player unless it is in his/her direct line of view. It could be deactivated by using the traps skill from behind. Claymores could only be found in lockers, same as Frag Mines.

Again, this is just my opinionated solution.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:39:33 pm by Pon-3 »

Styles

• View Profile
Re: Replacement For C4
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:44:09 pm »
Could import it from Tactics. But I wouldn't suggest replacing it with C4. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Claymore

It would be great to be able to have such things to be able to trap lockers in such in out tents and bases.

I get the flaw with having such things. "People will trap everything!" Okay, well why not make it like C4 and Dynamite and have it so if you try to take it into the towns the guards spot you and kill you. Trying to place a trap will cause guards to kill you. How about actually being able to disarm mines, bear trap and such? Would be very useful.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:59 pm »

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »
Interesting. Every time I have tried it... mines still blow up and I get hurt by bear traps. So if it is possible, I must have the worst luck in the world.

Strike

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:29:12 pm »
+1 for Claymore!

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:37:19 am »
Interesting. Every time I have tried it... mines still blow up and I get hurt by bear traps. So if it is possible, I must have the worst luck in the world.

Or low trap skill

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 10:56:49 am »
I did some searching and I didn't anything like this, so here it is.

As everyone knows (Mostly everyone), C4 is an abused and overpowered item.
Not anymore.

Even with its nerf, it is still way too strong!
No it's not. Bombs supposed to be strong. What would be the point of them, if their damage sucked?

It is a game breaking item which needs to be gotten rid of.
It was gamebreaking before last nerf. Now it's ok.

I mean, when 2 sneaks can defeat 5 or more fully geared soldiers with C4, you know there is a problem.
"Blow me up once, shame on you, blow me up twice, shame on me."
One C4 cant kill instantly, unless you have squishy character.
And if they blew up 5 guys with only 2 C4s then either you all had squishy characters, or all of you were standing next to each other and allowed one sneaker after another to bomb you all. Either way, it's your fault.

Since there is no level cap and skill points are easy to gain, any PvP character can get 300% traps for some MASSIVE C4 damage.
See? You don't know what you are talking about. Traps skill is capped at 150%

I suggest not only to be rid of C4, but to replace it. A Proximity Mine would be the ideal solution.

The Claymore would have a set 80-120 explosive damage, which is NOT affected by the traps skill %. Also, maybe give a 20% chance of crippling each leg. It will detonate when the player comes in to a close proximity (Maybe 3-5 hexes?) from the front of the mine obviously. The Claymore is not seen by the player unless it is in his/her direct line of view. It could be deactivated by using the traps skill from behind. Claymores could only be found in lockers, same as Frag Mines.

Haha, you want to replace C4 with even more annoying bullshit. I bet you would be the first one to cry about it.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 01:25:54 pm »
No it's not. Bombs supposed to be strong. What would be the point of them, if their damage sucked?

Well first off, yeah they're supposed to be strong, but now they are overused. The main problem is, they are invisible until like 3 hexes! That's the real BS in my opinion.

"Blow me up once, shame on you, blow me up twice, shame on me."
One C4 cant kill instantly, unless you have squishy character.
And if they blew up 5 guys with only 2 C4s then either you all had squishy characters, or all of you were standing next to each other and allowed one sneaker after another to bomb you all. Either way, it's your fault.

I was merely giving an example... I take it you're a C4 defendant. 

See? You don't know what you are talking about. Traps skill is capped at 150%

No need to be such a douche when stating your opinion... I simply wasn't paying attention, that's all. But anyways, that makes it even EASIER to get the full damage values for the boombooms.

Haha, you want to replace C4 with even more annoying bullshit. I bet you would be the first one to cry about it.

Now you're just TRYING to be an idiot. Go to forum PvP if you want arguing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:33:24 pm by Pon-3 »

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 04:31:09 pm »
I was merely giving an example... I take it you're a C4 defendant. 
Nope. quite opposite. I was blown to pieces numerous times.
And yes, C4s were damn annoying when you could just stack 10 of them and blow them up almost simultaneously.
Now it's impossible to do that, so it's ok IMO.

No need to be such a douche when stating your opinion...
Ok, sorry. Didn't want to sound like an asshole. But replacing C4 (which isn't that bad now) with even more annoying stuff like claymore is just dumb.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 04:49:00 pm »
Lets make this ingame!

That butthurt and whine about this gonna be epic :D
those claymores in doors and other even worse places xD

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:43:16 pm »
Yeah but they're not craftable. They wont be spammed, because you can only get them in lockers. This could encourage more players to go locker hunting too! That way, players like me will have more targets near boneyard and stuff. They would be just like frag mines, only more visible, and potentially have less damage output.

Lets make this ingame!

That butthurt and whine about this gonna be epic :D
those claymores in doors and other even worse places xD

You think it will be more annoying than C4? Seriously? C4 does what, like 200+ dmg with 150 traps and demo expert... And the bad thing is, you cant even detect C4 unless you are already in the blast radius so its too late. Claymores wont be invisible.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:47:06 pm by Pon-3 »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 06:13:31 pm »
Yes because its not automatic, and you need good coordination to use it effectively.
There is a lot of places where you just can't go other way and its like 3 hexes wide only :P deal with it its just bad suggestion

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 09:48:04 pm »
C4 doesn't need the changes...

Tanks and snipers are what need to be changed.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 10:16:39 pm »
Yes because its not automatic, and you need good coordination to use it effectively.
There is a lot of places where you just can't go other way and its like 3 hexes wide only :P deal with it its just bad suggestion

Claymore isn't made to kill instantly.. its made to weaken/slowdown/ maybe cripple. C4 on the other hand, can do 200+ damage and kill instantly. It isn't fair. C4 will often determine the outcome of a battle. A Claymore will only be a minor help. It's not a bad suggestion, you are just not open to new ideas that could change PvP for the better.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 04:23:01 pm »
I dont like it, player already have land mines.