April 27, 2024, 10:44:08 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Is there any sniper build for people that doesn't plan on using drugs^  (Read 8507 times)

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
Re: Is there any sniper build for people that doesn't plan on using drugs^
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:08 pm »
This character building thing is way more complicated than I expected.
ST1 is so low, as the first guy answered I made a character following his suggestion and tried a bit that, and boy this one can barely carry any weight like this, I can't imagine going around with a character with ST1, that must just be painful.
Seki's build is actually the limit you can go without drugs, 1 ST is enough especially when you get 2 carry weight perks for free now. As for leveling such a build go with a BB rifle and shoot mutated molerats in the eyes (squares 38:11 to 14), since you're a high luck build you will instakill them 95% of the time, just wear a good armor for those first few levels, or you could level him on crafting and quests until level 6 to get those 2x More Crit perks then go molerat grinding. Later on you can move to the usual Centaur/Floater/Alien/Fire Gecko/Deathclaw mix.
#rawhide on ForestNet

windbrahmin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 07:34:27 pm »
Thanks everyone for the help, I'll do as suggested, now to create a new character...

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 09:17:47 pm »
ST1 is so low, as the first guy answered I made a character following his suggestion and tried a bit that, and boy this one can barely carry any weight like this, I can't imagine going around with a character with ST1, that must just be painful.
You should get Pack Rat support perk for your character, little more extra carryweight.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Pack_Rat

I also did small change for my earlier build. Little bonus to hitpoints, less skillpoints and possible to choose Lifegiver perk:

4, 10, 5, 1, 1, 10, 10

Small Frame, Finesse
you cant take sharpshooter at lvl 9-11 with 1 IN
2 IN is must have for sniper

im playing on char with 1 ST and i dont have any problems with CW, just take support perks Pack Rat and Strong Back and you will have 74 carry weight, that must be enough
also make tents around whole wasteland so you can stash your loot after every fight
I could 1 intelligence to take all the perks that are needed

Kaaon

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:10 pm »
I could 1 intelligence to take all the perks that are needed
yes, its possible if you take even tougher instead of second lifegiver

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »
You gave this guy some ideal suggests, those builds are nice and all, but do you really think that noob should use this as his first char? I'm not sure that every experienced FO player will be able to easily level up this build as his first char after wipe (So I think the stats suggested by strike are quite ok, because they can lead to something). I think that topic starter should give up sniper idea till the time when he will get some in game experience. I personally planed myself few standard starting builds for the beginning of next session. One smg burster/farmer/miner/lock picker/crafter and etc. Then of course one more char with bg for PvE farming (can be good in PvP too if I find implants before leveling him) and then EW cripler, SG sniper and others for PvP.

So to sum up what I mean-I think that it would be much more interesting, easier, faster and profitable to begin with universal char. I can send one interesting build in pm if someone is interested.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:31 am »
You gave this guy some ideal suggests, those builds are nice and all, but do you really think that noob should use this as his first char? I'm not sure that every experienced FO player will be able to easily level up this build as his first char after wipe (So I think the stats suggested by strike are quite ok, because they can lead to something). I think that topic starter should give up sniper idea till the time when he will get some in game experience. I personally planed myself few standard starting builds for the beginning of next session. One smg burster/farmer/miner/lock picker/crafter and etc. Then of course one more char with bg for PvE farming (can be good in PvP too if I find implants before leveling him) and then EW cripler, SG sniper and others for PvP.

So to sum up what I mean-I think that it would be much more interesting, easier, faster and profitable to begin with universal char. I can send one interesting build in pm if someone is interested.
This guy wants a drugless sniper which is possible but it will suck. Most snipers rely on drugs and usually only for PvP. PvE....eerumm I guess a pistolero sniper is good but ehh...TB fast shot better.

Small guns is the easiest for a noob, but then they get distracted by quest in hub, NCR and don't farm low tier loot/XP. Then when they finally get stuff from quest, they go out and die and rage quit :P

also strikes build are no noob can use those as a beginner, if they do then they'll die, too much LK, too low EN for sniper, waay to little intelligence for PvE, assuming thats what noobies will be doing

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:02 am »
I'd just advice him to forget about sniper at all, because sniping without professional pvp skill, enough drugs and good loot are complete waste of time IMHO. Now I think is even better to get EW sniper because of turbo plasma, but I may be wrong. Anyway, this no lvlcap story can bring hybrid builds with 300% in all combat styles without much problems.