April 28, 2024, 12:40:16 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Is there any sniper build for people that doesn't plan on using drugs^  (Read 8508 times)

windbrahmin

• View Profile
Greetings, I just started playing.
I was planning to make a sniper character to play with my friend who has a big gun character, I already know the perks I'm gonna use (found a build) but I'm somewhat confused on the specials, I know people make build counting on using drugs but I'm really not planning to, now the perks I'm gonna use are these:
More Criticals
Even More Criticals
Even Tougher
Action Boy
Better Criticals
Bonus Rate of Fire
Action Boy
Right Between the Eyes

They come from a EW sniper build but I assume they should be fine, the special tho, those looks like they'd be awful without drugs, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest me the specials.
Thanks in advance.

Strike

Re: Is there any sniper build for people that doesn't plan on using drugs^
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:55:35 pm »
4, 10, 4, 1, 2, 10, 10

Small Frame, Finesse (Optional)

windbrahmin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:10:14 pm »
Thanks for the fast answer, I wasn't expecting it so soon

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:34:01 pm »
It's way better to just allow your perspective to be changed about drug-use in-game (think of it as candy) and plan the build with the same advantages everyone else has. Otherwise you'll always be behind, like with this endurance 4 plan above. If you want my sniper build (on drugs), PM me.

windbrahmin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:02:23 am »
Oh, that's not the problem. I usually am really bad in videogames at keeping track of buffs, while I do have problems with cigarettes (i was born with some problems because my mom used to smoke while she was pregnant) and I think I will never be able to think of them as a candy, I totally would be cool with my character gettin wasted with jet and stuff, I just don't wanna keep track of the buff duration.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:02 am »
4, 10, 4, 1, 2, 10, 10

Don't go with this.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:56 am »
Well...sorry to hear about that RL thing. That sucks. Not fair.

In the game though...Buffout is just a savory delicious beefy-flavored candy which just happens to boost your Strength by 2 points for 30 minutes. You don't have to keep track of it because when it's done, your ST drops back by 2 and you get a message about it. So you carry an extra Buffout. Nuka Cola is just soda man! Just yummy [radioactive] sweet soda! You drink soda sometimes, right? So no issue there, and it boosts your Agility by 1 point, making it the perfect companion "drug" for Buffout. Good combo. Same story with the other ones. Now cigs...well you've seen the candy cigs kids get sometimes, right? These have a mild berry flavor [i can imagine and so can you]. Superstims are another vital item - it stimulates healing and is made of chemicals. Are you telling us that you won't be using any stimpaks at all? It's a drug!

Addictions wear off on their own, or just keep a small stock of whatever candies and beverages you use because that's all they are: candies and drinks.

windbrahmin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 12:40:49 am »
Yeah but as I said I'm not going to avoid drugs because they are drugs, they could've been lobsters with butter on top, cotton candy... In real life I don't even have issues with soft drugs. I use stimpacks in game.

In videogames I just never really liked using buffing items. I used to play wow, we had food that would buff stamina there, I didn't like using that too.

Only thing I have actually some problem with are cigs, for the explained reason.

Beside, this is my first character (well, second, first reached lvl 5 and I decided to do something else) and I think it's just gonna be for learning how to play, with time I'll learn how to make builds of my own maybe, and maybe I'll finally decide to use drugs. Also there should be a wipe in two months, so this really is just a practicing character, I have all the time I need to change my mind on the matter :)

From now on, if I don't answer, it's because I'm going to sleep. I'm saying this because I don't want people trying to help me to think I'm ignoring them.

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:43 am »
4, 10, 4, 1, 2, 10, 10

-1 shity build

Kaaon

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 12:55:13 am »
first thing is what you want to do with that build ?
if pve then dont play sniper, there are much better builds for pve
if pvp then..

1 ST, 300% small guns, 12 PE (10 + sharpshooter is like 2 PE) is enough for 95% hit chance with sniper rifle at max range to eyes, dont take more ST
if you would want in future use gauss rifle then you can get ST implant + use buffout + wear +AG or +AP combat armor (or just wear power armor), gauss rifle requires 3 ST for max hit chance with 12pe at max range to eyes

to perks.. if you want to play pvp then definitely take sharpshooter and lifegiver instead of action boys, maybe also second lifegiver instead of even tougher, thats on you (its like equal, as sniper you will be taking like 2x higher dmg from normal dmg then rest of dmg types so even tougher is good too)

extra perception from sharpshooter is needed for hit chance, to see enemies from longer range to let your teammates know that they are coming or while fighting with another sniper (to see him from longer range so you can react faster) and also for gauss rifle which does have 53 hex range (so requires at least 11 PE), im really not recommending to play pvp with lower then 11 PE on sniper

lifegivers are needed if you dont want to die to 1 crit burst from lsw of 1 normal burst from bozar, its pointless to have more action points when you cant even spent them because you are dead, i seen many times ppls dying to 1 crit from gauss rifle or bozar

to special points.. i cant imagine SPECIAL for sniper without drugs so i cant really give you exact points, drugs are really needed and very easy to get in high amounts, easiest way to get them is by trading them with npcs for upgraded power servos
your target is get to close as you can to this special : 12pe 10en 10ag 10lk, ofc its impossible to reach it without drugs and without at least 1 implant so you can have 12pe 9en 10ag 10lk with drugs without implants and i really cant imagine where you want to take another 2 special points from that build instead of using nuka cola/cigs
best sniper build which you can make sniper with all implants can have 12pe 10en 10ag 10lk on psycho and with bonehead, without them you cant even take bonehead, cant use psycho and without drugs you will be missing even more special points.. sniper really need every single special point
so in other words.. try to get highest possible PE, EN, AG, LK

traits..
first trait - if you want to shoot arms then take finesse (crippler), if you want to shoot eyes (dmger) then take some other trait instead of finesse (for example loner or if you already got special points from implants then you can take bonehead) finesse is not worth to take dmgwise
second trait - small frame must have

4, 10, 4, 1, 2, 10, 10

just dont go with this, 4st 4en is just completely wtf
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:15:20 am by Seki »

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 12:55:57 am »

here's an example

Kaaon

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 01:12:30 am »
here's an example
exactly this is build with drugs just take 1 point from IN and put it into EN, 2 IN is enough to take those perks
but he asked for build without drugs

0 drugs, 0 implants
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:46:34 am by Seki »

windbrahmin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:48:05 pm »
This character building thing is way more complicated than I expected.
ST1 is so low, as the first guy answered I made a character following his suggestion and tried a bit that, and boy this one can barely carry any weight like this, I can't imagine going around with a character with ST1, that must just be painful.

I'm kinda starting to consider actually changing my habit of not using buffing items and using drugs here.

As for what I wanna do, it's my first character, I don't know what I wanna do myself. I play with a friend who mostly uses a flamer, so I can't stay close to enemies anyway, I thought a sniper would be the best option anyway regardless of pvp and pve.

Strike

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:36:21 pm »
ST1 is so low, as the first guy answered I made a character following his suggestion and tried a bit that, and boy this one can barely carry any weight like this, I can't imagine going around with a character with ST1, that must just be painful.
You should get Pack Rat support perk for your character, little more extra carryweight.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Pack_Rat

I also did small change for my earlier build. Little bonus to hitpoints, less skillpoints and possible to choose Lifegiver perk:

4, 10, 5, 1, 1, 10, 10

Small Frame, Finesse
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:44:41 pm by Strike »

Kaaon

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:32 pm »
You should get Pack Rat support perk for your character, little more extra carryweight.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Pack_Rat

I also did small change for my earlier build. Little bonus to hitpoints, less skillpoints and possible to choose Lifegiver perk:

4, 10, 5, 1, 1, 10, 10

Small Frame, Finesse
you cant take sharpshooter at lvl 9-11 with 1 IN
2 IN is must have for sniper

im playing on char with 1 ST and i dont have any problems with CW, just take support perks Pack Rat and Strong Back and you will have 74 carry weight, that must be enough
also make tents around whole wasteland so you can stash your loot after every fight
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:50:57 pm by Seki »