March 29, 2024, 10:53:46 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: You know what is retarded?  (Read 7735 times)

Fahrenheit

• View Profile
You know what is retarded?
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:08:52 am »
The fact that town control allows certain players to rape other players by using militia. Yeah, a guy in vault suit just comes and punches me once, then the fucking militia rapes me with plasma, and boom, my possesions are fucking gone. the way they exploit this is just fucking outrageous.
yeah, im mad.

SporePlants

• View Profile
Re: You know what is retarded?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:18:05 am »
Player towns are PVP areas. Don't enter them if you're not willing to deal with the consequences of PVP.
Proud defender of law and justice in the wastes.

Fahrenheit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 09:19:20 am »
yeah i expected this kind of reply. too bad the adv workbenches are in unsafe places, eh?

Tomowolf

• "You rules really begin to annoy me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 09:24:27 am »
yeah i expected this kind of reply. too bad the adv workbenches are in unsafe places, eh?
You can craft in the towns taken by TTTLA or NCR Short Guns safely, noone will rape you there (only pk may) but not militia, rememebr to not carry a weapon in hand while you're in town.
In game nick : ****.

maszrum

• The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 09:28:47 am »
basicly assumpiton of towns protected by player driven factions was really good, the problem is that only 2-3 factions are participate in towncontrol. 2 of thoes factions dont care about pople who visiting their towns. maybe only tttla - which can really hold and protect cities in european time. so sooner or later all northen cites gona be empty
Im buying all T4 weapons, best prices /PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FOnlineTV

T-888

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:12:59 am »
Militia produces more grief than protection... nothing new. Until the controlling factions will benefit from players doing activities or related features in towns, I don't believe something will change.

Example, Den. The player has the ability to deem himself a 'citizen' of Den through some simple mechanic like signing his name on some 'public board', once the player does that, the controlling faction will receive a percent of caps from all slave runs the player does.

Obviously, if the controlling faction has a bad reputation amongst players, they will not want to support such a faction and therefore the controlling party will miss out on a great deal of potential profit available as long as they appeal to players.

Dr.Mentat

• When someone ask if you're a god, you say "YES!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »
you know whats REALLY retarded?

answer: a retard!
Vault City Prevails, Citizen!

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 09:35:17 pm »
triple is right. if player faction will get profits from town they will protect crafters or traders.

Ox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 08:02:55 am »
triple is right. if player faction will get profits from town they will protect crafters or traders.

What gangs would actually care? besides maybe tttla?

They wouldn't even notice this profit, under the hoards of stuff they probably already have.
Most factions wouldn't give a dam about this.

It'd have to be a HUGE profit for them to care about it.

My guess also is most of reloaded players tents are carpeted with CA,camk2 from lockers.

P.S. Miltia have always been retarded.

The Wastes still needs civilised people.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 08:12:28 am »
I don't see problem with militia right now when its impossible to buy it

T-888

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 10:27:58 am »
What gangs would actually care? besides maybe tttla?

I wouldn't make assumptions about player behaviour... well I kind of can, but it can go either way.

They wouldn't even notice this profit, under the hoards of stuff they probably already have.

now that the rewards from town control box are very limited (provide a variety of items, but in small quantities), also the 3 rare items that spawn over all 6 cities in 48 hours, on average and that's it. Just about any ammunition, drug, item that the box spawns can be farmed separated more effectively, alone.

Most factions wouldn't give a dam about this.

There might be interested players who would like a boost for something automated, you're nice to some players and more/better stuff comes from the magic box, whenever players do something in the city and the controlling faction doesn't even need to lift a finger. (oh wait, yeah, don't shoot everyone on sight)

It'd have to be a HUGE profit for them to care about it.

Yes, it would have to be significant.

Currently more profitable is to be a dick and shoot everyone you see in the town with your horde of brainless militia, It'd be nice for that to change.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:37:00 am by T-888 »

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 10:53:16 am »
yes, pay taxes from using workbech, from traders, from medics, from proffesion teachers, sold slaves.
you will get 10% of money/stuff they crafted/sold/bought (professions) in your town. It can bring more players to cities and gang will have some profits from crafters and traders.

another option, we can tax chookers in den ;D

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 03:02:28 pm »
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

impsy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
jacky really loves chookers

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• Supporter
  • stereotypical hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 01:08:59 am »
Player towns are PVP areas. Don't enter them if you're not willing to deal with the consequences of PVP.

Nice joke. That was before militas entered the scene

Case in point: The other day three or so AHRW guys were camping in BH apparently looking for some action. Three of us were also looking for some pvp, and tried to fight them there. But that was impossible because they had 6 militias with plasma rifles and hk g11s....

So my point is: Militia = less PvP