April 18, 2024, 05:46:55 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Shut the fuck up and stop whining  (Read 13458 times)

Grizzan

• View Profile
Re: Shut the fuck up and stop whining
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »
Most funny thing for me is "APK" in this game, and every faggot who cries about PKers, base rapers, people who offend each other..

If youre going to whine about such a things, get the fuck out of this game and join tibia, or any other shit that allows you to ignore a player. Or go into TLA mk2/Requiem, russians will offend you but you will have no idea they do.

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:24 am »
no CoD audience here please, i dont play FPS anymore because of that... well maybe some red orchestra ;)

anyway game is good as it is, only thing that needs a tweak in my opinion is economy and making those merchancs decraft those 1000000000 combat shotguns

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 11:01:23 am »
The saying used to be "the wastelands are harsh."
When did this game attract the COD audience you pathetic fucks. Look at some of these threads:
"I should keep gear on death"
"Tents should have advanced workbench"
"Fighting in towns should be impossible"
"Every gun/build that has killed me should be removed or nerfed"
What about barterground? When did this game attract the Hello Kitty Online audience?
I though the wasteland was a dangerous place, no matter where you were. Unprotected cities had Pks, Protected cities had thieves. And you had to be careful when trading (Ive never was robbed while trading). Now there isnt thieves, there are Adv. Workbenches everywhere, you can get as many ores as you can carry, you can produce as many weapons and armors as long as you have the BPs, Its fucking hard to find someone on WM. You can became rich without leaving safe cities just selling shit to merchants who magicly spams caps, etc...
"the wastelands are harsh."
Sure...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:06:13 am by Furior »

Miriana

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 07:19:07 pm »
Sir i know what makes a game good and I am no stranger to hard games OR Fallout (beat 1, and Tactics on Hard thank you) but this isn't hard this is freaking sick. A game where u cant stop moving for a second in town cause players who already have more than they need steal the little caps u have. Or when u make one map for someone some guy hijacks your group, take yo to the desert, and shoots you and takes everything you have worked so hard for. That is not a game. That is a tool for sociopaths.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 07:49:35 pm »
Do you have IRL friends to play with?
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Strike

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:55 pm »
But, wasteland is harsh xD
Atleast for someone.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 11:16:35 am »
Sir i know what makes a game good and I am no stranger to hard games OR Fallout (beat 1, and Tactics on Hard thank you) but this isn't hard this is freaking sick. A game where u cant stop moving for a second in town cause players who already have more than they need steal the little caps u have. Or when u make one map for someone some guy hijacks your group, take yo to the desert, and shoots you and takes everything you have worked so hard for. That is not a game. That is a tool for sociopaths.

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 11:39:05 am »

First of all you can easily avoid most of the dangers just by being cautious and alert. I don't really get the group hijack case, but nonetheless... This is wastelands, you can safely assume a postapocaliptic world would be full of sociopaths trying to gain at your expense. Having that said, there are plenty of decent people willing to help too, you just have to be picky on who to trust. Harshness of this game makes it more realistic and immersive.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

hejmr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 12:51:40 am »
Useless topic. You did not say anything new. There will always be noobs and whiners, but that's always been a part of the community (and possibly every community) and always will be.

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 02:01:57 pm »
If you can't play a game, don't make the designer adapt the game for your inferior level of proficiency. Everyone will hate you for this.
Instead adapt or leave.
It's really sad that the vast majority of gamers of today cannot cope with defeat, and therefore drive the industry into ruin.

Thats a terrible mindset. This mindset is the reason why fonline 2238 eventually shut down: they left instead of whining.
If people leave, the servers are empty, if the servers are empty, no one pays for the server --> server shuts down.
The game has a lot of mechanics that are awesome, and then a lot of mechanics that force you to grind with the risk of being unforgiving at the same time, those are the kind of mechanics that make people leave the server.

One example of such a mechanic:
Someone farms resources for 2-3 hours, which is already tedious as fuck, but he goes along with it because he needs the resources to craft the gear he needs.
Then he creates alloys, high quality alloys, etc etc with those farmed resources, and heads over to the advanced workbench in one of the towns.
He gets killed inside of the town and gets looted. All of his 2-3 hour work is gone. Gathering resources was not fun. Losing all them means you had NO FUN for 2-3 hours.

There are plenty of very, very discouraging mechanics in this game, and having that mindset of "deal with it or leave", will eventually also kill off fonline reloaded.
We should rather focus on making things less tedious and less unforgiving, in order to make the game less tedious to play, and thus more appealing to everyone, which in return will ensure that the server will stay up for a long time.
If you call this mindset "whining", then keep on repeating that "deal with it or leave" until this server shuts down aswell.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »
Reloaded is tragically carebeared i don't see any harsh thing to whine, its too ease only some lazy newbs or hard noobs will cry about harshness

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »
If you can't play a game, don't make the designer adapt the game for your inferior level of proficiency. Everyone will hate you for this.
Instead adapt or leave.
It's really sad that the vast majority of gamers of today cannot cope with defeat, and therefore drive the industry into ruin.

Thats a terrible mindset. This mindset is the reason why fonline 2238 eventually shut down: they left instead of whining.
If people leave, the servers are empty, if the servers are empty, no one pays for the server --> server shuts down.
The game has a lot of mechanics that are awesome, and then a lot of mechanics that force you to grind with the risk of being unforgiving at the same time, those are the kind of mechanics that make people leave the server.

Someone farms resources for 2-3 hours, which is already tedious as fuck, but he goes along with it because he needs the resources to craft the gear he needs.
Then he creates alloys, high quality alloys, etc etc with those farmed resources, and heads over to the advanced workbench in one of the towns.
He gets killed inside of the town and gets looted. All of his 2-3 hour work is gone. Gathering resources was not fun. Losing all them means you had NO FUN for 2-3 hours.

There are plenty of very, very discouraging mechanics in this game, and having that mindset of "deal with it or leave", will eventually also kill off fonline reloaded.
We should rather focus on making things less tedious and less unforgiving, in order to make the game less tedious to play, and thus more appealing to everyone, which in return will ensure that the server will stay up for a long time.
If you call this mindset "whining", then keep on repeating that "deal with it or leave" until this server shuts down aswell.

Again, a situation that can be easily avoided:
- use Adv. workbench in Gunrunners factory which is relatively safe (unless you get bursted or blown up, which is unlikely considering you need 900 rep to get in)
- if for some reason you have to use the unsafe locations - don't go with all of the resources at once, take some, craft some, then if its safe come again with similar amount, if you die you won't lose that much and will know to come back some other time.

If you're looking for another mindless grinding game look some other way, this one requires some wit and care.

The fact the majority of players disagree with you proves that the game mechanics are the way they should be. Wastelands kick in the nuts from time to time, learn to live with by learning from your mistakes, eventually it becomes a walk in the park.

There's no fun without a challenge.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:33:56 pm by Letoo »
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

AlbertStarski

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 02:35:11 pm »

I totally agree ! There should be some rules in the mechanic. I dont know maybe jail or something like that. Otherwise it is just unfair and unbalanced, to promote this kind of behaviors while not giving an alternative to the others. It has nothing to do with harshness or other blablabla.

Its just the other side of the coin. If you cant see that - you are indeed the sociopaths.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:58:37 pm by AlbertStarski »

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 02:53:38 pm »
Instead adapt or leave.

Again, a situation that can be easily avoided:
- use Adv. workbench in Gunrunners factory which is relatively safe (unless you get bursted or blown up, which is unlikely considering you need 900 rep to get in)
- if for some reason you have to use the unsafe locations - don't go with all of the resources at once, take some, craft some, then if its safe come again with similar amount, if you die you won't lose that much and will know to come back some other time.

If you're looking for another mindless grinding game look some other way, this one requires some wit and care.

The fact the majority of players disagree with you proves that the game mechanics are the way they should be. Wastelands kick in the nuts from time to time, learn to live with by learning from your mistakes, eventually it becomes a walk in the park.

There's no fun without a challenge.

It doesnt matter whether what you said is possible or not. Fact is i just killed someones cow with 1400 ore and over 2000 minerals, just because i can, and im sure he is pissed off as fuck right now, probably about to ragequit. In order to prevent this he has to play tedious, going back after gathering some resources to unload cow, in order to prevent douches like me from killing a fully packed cow.
This makes it so that he needs to farm 2 hours instead of 1 hour to gain the same amount of resources, since he has to travel all the time.
In order to not be taken advantage of in very basic scenarios, people have to do tedious shit. Awesome gameplay.

Fact of the matter is that the developer of this iteration of fonline already has changed a lot of tedious/grind mechanics, proving my point and completely shitting on your "most players disagree with you" argument.
This time we got a smart dev that is willing to change the game for the better, in order to not run into the same problems fonline 2238 ran into: having no players left.

You can talk all day long and repeat your "everyone disagrees with you" mantra for the 1000th time, fact of the matter is that fonline never had a big community exactly due to the shitty game mechanics that made it so grindy and unfriendly, favoring No Lifers over regular people.
Fonline reloaded will surpass all of those shitty fonline iterations because we finally have a smart dev that realized how shitty some of the mechanics were, and he already went ahead and changed some of them, including the slow cap spawn on merchants (which idiots like you tried to defend on fonline 2238, until it shut down).

The fact that fonline 2238 had to shut down due to lack of players, completely shits on your "everyone disagrees with you" argument.
The majority just left the game, leaving you trash minority to play on an empty server until it closed down. You are just too stupid  to realize this.
Fortunately for you the dev is smart and already patched in soo many things that you guys would consider "whine patches", that i dont actually have to listen to you anyways.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:58:15 pm by gh0un »

AlbertStarski

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

First of all you can easily avoid most of the dangers just by being cautious and alert. I don't really get the group hijack case, but nonetheless... This is wastelands, you can safely assume a postapocaliptic world would be full of sociopaths trying to gain at your expense. Having that said, there are plenty of decent people willing to help too, you just have to be picky on who to trust. Harshness of this game makes it more realistic and immersive.

Sure, but SOMEHOW they had manageed to establish society and build cities, and that is based on trust(mostly). Have you ever seen guard shooting to the people they guarding ? And this is the right direction imo. for the players, who don't feel the passion in shooting to everyone-everytime.

Having said that. There are not many left. Just because some sociopaths shooting to every blue-suit just for sake of their - I dont know what. While there is no alternative for others, they will leave the server forever.

And this leads us to the final conclusion. If this server is only for PVP - I can bare it. But I won't stay because this is not exactly what Iam looking for. If not, there should be some changes in the mechanic that will provide players who are not PvP only, some advantages.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:29:15 pm by AlbertStarski »