April 28, 2024, 02:30:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: WTF moment  (Read 3194 times)

Heron Therapist

• View Profile
WTF moment
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:25:04 pm »
So, I got like 30 mins to play, so Ill walk around the Boneyard, click on the map and go find some cars ( i need a FCC )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT : I did not stress enough, I only click on the green triangle, to go into map view or whatever ... I dont do "chest hunts" where I check maps with NPS to loot chests. I was stricktly getting wood, fruit, junk and most importantly CARS...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I do that, for 10 minutes, and I click and Im like. w t f

"You encountered Followers of the Apocalypse and fuzzy"

so , fuck it, I yel: "im Necros friend, i did not click to be here, ill leave"
but , he, ofc opened fire, I ran for my life and barely escaped

i dont blame the guy, he opened fire, someone came to his gig ..
i blame the game, how can it throw me in a PvP map for no reason and with no intro. not even the annoying lightning bolt -.-

not cool IMO
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:27:02 pm by Heron Therapist »

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
Re: WTF moment
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »
i blame the game, how can it throw me in a PvP map for no reason and with no intro.
What do you think you're playing here? A single-player game? Of course other players can find you in encounters.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Heron Therapist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »
i blame the game, how can it throw me in a PvP map for no reason and with no intro.
What do you think you're playing here? A single-player game? Of course other players can find you in encounters.

I found HIM without warning -.- thats the entire point. if he came into my encounter nothing would be suprizing. I wanted to hunt FCCs in "empty" maps, it flung me into an encounter, with a player, without notice

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:04:27 pm »
I found HIM without warning -.- thats the entire point. if he came into my encounter nothing would be suprizing. I wanted to hunt FCCs in "empty" maps, it flung me into an encounter, with a player, without notice
A forced encounter, again it's nothing surprising.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Heron Therapist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 06:47:41 pm »
sigh

no notice. forced enc makes you see the lightning bolt. no bolt. just a green triangle, i click it, and im in a fight -.-

you obviously missed my point
i understand the rules

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »
no notice. forced enc makes you see the lightning bolt. no bolt. just a green triangle, i click it, and im in a fight -.-
Sometimes there are no lightning bolts, only laser bolts coming to split your nessie ass in half.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Heron Therapist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 08:14:08 pm »
whats a nessie, and can I eat it ?

by game rules, enc should be highlighted, point is, no such alert came on. NO alert came on. I was supposed to enter a emty tiple

zinthos

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 09:56:41 pm »
Yeah, that's a pretty old bug or kind of, seems this feature haven't got removed when player encounter warnings got implemented.
Also, as far as i noticed, you have better chance to find lockers or car wrecks if you enter pve encounters, so you could use this to avoid getting killed in the wrong time.

Heron Therapist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »
thanks 4 the tip, but all FCCs i found were while i was collectiong wood/junk :P not in PvE encounters. Most i got from that kind of enc is junk >.<

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 10:34:07 am »
He's right, it's really fucking annoying.
Im not TRYING to crash your party, I got thrown in the front door.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 10:36:48 am »
Sometimes there are no lightning bolts, only laser bolts coming to split your nessie ass in half.
;D ;D ;D

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:30 am »
You just literally came on a wm over his encounter (red dot, which is obviously invisible to you) and entered it. It's not a bug, nothing special to cry over it really.