April 20, 2024, 02:24:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: need an explaination on installing these graphics mods please  (Read 7511 times)

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
Hello I have downloaded a couple of the graphics and GUI mods from this thread and the instructions on installing them is always the same

"put all files in Fonline_reloaded/data/art/inven"

Well the problem is I do not have those folders in data I tried creating them and putting the files there nothing changed in game I do however have three zipped folders one called faction and the other 2 are reloaded001 and reloaded002 I have found art/inven folders in those zipped folders and put the files in them and still no change can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to get them to work?

Rothbard

• View Profile
Re: need an explaination on installing these graphics mods please
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:21:37 pm »
Put the zip folders you download directly into the data folder and don't unzip them.

Add the lines "data/[nameoffile].zip" for each file to the DataFiles.cfg file.

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:24:37 pm »
ok I will try that thank you for the speedy reply

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:31:41 pm »
ok I did what you suggested now it comes with an error saying data\inven.rar not found please run the updater even though i clearly see it in C:\Users\CycloneJack\Downloads\FOnlineReloaded-Full\FOnline Reloaded\data

I attempted to do the came thing with Ras Interface CLEAR v2.02 and it loads without an error but no changes are made to the game
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:35:29 pm by cyclonejack1988 »

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:28 pm »
ok I actually got rav clear to work by unzipping the files directly into the data folder

new question they say they work for resolutions up to 1440 I am unable to set a res higher than 1280 and when I do set res to 1280 it crashes the game has anyone fixed this?

Rothbard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 04:08:18 am »
ok I actually got rav clear to work by unzipping the files directly into the data folder

new question they say they work for resolutions up to 1440 I am unable to set a res higher than 1280 and when I do set res to 1280 it crashes the game has anyone fixed this?

Open the file Fonline.cfg and edit these lines to whatever you want:
ScreenWidth = 1280
ScreenHeight = 1024

If it still crashes, try using the program FOnlineGL.exe instead of FOnline.exe, if you aren't already using that one. If it still crashes again, try doing windowed mode instead of full screen mode or vice versa.

Rothbard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 04:09:59 am »
ok I did what you suggested now it comes with an error saying data\inven.rar not found please run the updater even though i clearly see it in C:\Users\CycloneJack\Downloads\FOnlineReloaded-Full\FOnline Reloaded\data

I attempted to do the came thing with Ras Interface CLEAR v2.02 and it loads without an error but no changes are made to the game

The game only reads .zip files and not .rar files. In that case, you either unzip the .rar and do as you did, or unzip it and then "re-zip" it into a .zip file. I have no idea why the publishers of those files put them in formats other than .zip. It makes no sense to me.

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:42 am »
You can type any resolution on FOConfig, just click and type, another way is FOnline.cfg