April 27, 2024, 04:20:13 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Military bunker special encounter keycard bug.  (Read 1863 times)

sam6321

• View Profile
Military bunker special encounter keycard bug.
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:54:52 am »
So I was lucky enough to find the coords for one of the military bunker special encounters.
When on the second level of the compound, my character was killed inside a room that required a red pass key to access, problem is I can't get back in there because the pass key is on the ground where my character died.
This's seriously proven frustrating because my character also had power armour on, which is locked in the room.
I'm not sure if this is intended functionality or if it's a bug, so I decided to report it.

EDIT Here is an image of where the problem is, the red lines indicate where the keycard is needed and the red circled area is where my character died.
Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:57:33 am by sam6321 »

Rothbard

• View Profile
Re: Military bunker special encounter keycard bug.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »
Buy a red pass key from someone?

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:42:46 pm »
Buy a red pass key from someone?
It is no so easy. It is not just Red Pass Key it is Infirmary (or something like that) Key.
But yeah it is one you can buy, but propably it is too late arleady.

Advice for the future, keep the key outside :)

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33:09 pm »
I thought each key had a specific number depending on its use and buying someone else's wouldn't work?
I did try with another red pass key that I happened to have, no luck there though.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:33:04 am »
Re-visited. Now i totally agree with you. The Infirmary door locks when it re-shuts, and locks from both sides. So wow, if you unlock that door, do not go in with the key, and do not go in without it. Ha! Whoever opens this door needs to stay on the outside and let others go in.

The fix would be: once the door is opened with the key, the lock does not reset, or the door does not auto-re-shut.

I got this all hosed up and the only way was to find another player who had a set of these keys. And that player was....Sam! lol thanks Sam!