April 27, 2024, 05:59:42 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: perk adding damage to weapons doing explode damage  (Read 5948 times)

Darksider

• Supporter
    • View Profile
perk adding damage to weapons doing explode damage
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:03:36 pm »
Hello,

There are perks adding damage to ranged weapons (brd, mrd), hrh damage (more hth damage etc), fire damage (pyromaniac). Aimed shots dont need special perks because they are basing on critical hits so its other thing (to score a critical hit we need specjal perks too).

Why characters who want to specjalize in exploding weapons cant chose a special perks incressing damage ? Im thinking about perk simiraly to pytomaniac adding damage to exploding (shooring and trowing) weapons.

What you think about that idea?

Strike

Re: perk adding damage to weapons doing explode damage
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:10:59 pm »
Bonus Ranged Damage and More Ranged Damage does effect explode type weapons (Rocket Launcher, Grenades, Grenade Pistol, Grenade Launcher..), as they are ranged weapons.

Of course there would be way to do that, with perk that effect "splash damage" of the explosive weapons. Not just sure is it good idea.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:26:51 pm by Strike »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:03 pm »
Why characters who want to specjalize in exploding weapons cant chose a special perks incressing damage ?
They can. BRD x2, MRD, Living Anatomy. Why do you need more?

Explosive weapons are already strong enough.

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 04:35:41 pm »
-1  :-\
I know, i know dont whrite when ur drunk
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:49:39 pm by duh7 »

Darksider

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:07:27 pm »
Bonus Ranged Damage and More Ranged Damage does effect explode type weapons (Rocket Launcher, Grenades, Grenade Pistol, Grenade Launcher..), as they are ranged weapons.

Of course there would be way to do that, with perk that effect "splash damage" of the explosive weapons. Not just sure is it good idea.

yea, but only technicaly. That perks increse damage to ranged weapons but aim for them is bursting weapons (and maybe spammers). Practically we dont take those perks to RL BG dont you think? 7 damage per bullet when you are fireing avenger and 7 damage when you are fireing RL - 98 vs 7...
its not a perks for explode weapons - lets be serious. We took those perks only for avenger build.

Why characters who want to specjalize in exploding weapons cant chose a special perks incressing damage ?
They can. BRD x2, MRD, Living Anatomy. Why do you need more?

same comment as up one. Exlosive wepons are strong enough? why i need more? I dont need it - Im discussing about technical side of game. Fire based weapons got 2 perks (and even you can exploit bug using <removed>). Explosives dont have even one. Try RL BG vs ...anyone. RL BG will loose 1v1. Ok i know, its splash damage and it can deal much damage when you are fireing in crowd. But when normal character with CA mk2 and adrenaline rush is close to death RL deals about 20-30 damage. Using 10 ap...
Explosive weapons are already strong enough in a world full of Bozars, garlings, plasma rifles ...

an eye for an eye? sore ass because I negated your idea? Suggestion revolution ! lets kill ideas !
you are so smart.

summation.
Technicaly you can add damage to all ranged weapons - but weapons shooting ONE bullet is lossy - available perks dont mach to explode weapons. Sniper shoot one bullet, but shoot hard, RL shoot one bullet - and deals 40-50 damage... using 10 ap, great !

My suggestion is to add perk similar to pyromaniac - one perk that gives 20 damage per explosion. You think thats OP? really?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:17:04 pm by Darksider »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:50:38 pm »
RL shoot one bullet - and deals 40-50 damage... using 10 ap
One shot costs 6 APs (5 with -1ap rl - do not even say it's 7 because using rocket launcher without brof is just stupid), dealing about 80 dmg (200 on crit hit) on range 40 and providing many knockdowns (not so many really have stonewall) + has splash dmg. Isn't it enough for you? Explosive weapons are really good if you use them properly, they don't need another buff.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:52:32 pm by BB. »

Darksider

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 07:21:16 am »
Yea, its much sense in your words. But i want to discuss the idea with optimistic and pesimistic scenerio - for now we were using that two scenerios and lets consolidate it and show constructively the problem.

RL - 49-100 dam (averange 75). AP cost 7AP (6 with BROF, 5 with BROF and -1 AP weapon) + 3AP reload (1AP with quick pocket perk). I am summing that AP because RL need to reload every one shoot. So we have 10 pesymistic, 6 optimistic.
common armor - CA have 40 DR and 5 DT. So averange damage is 75-5*0,6=42 damage. When target have adrenaline rush and has 1/4 hp its look like - 75-5*0,35=25damage. So its really hard to drop someone to 0. I will not even mention that many pvp players have implants and power armor in pvp fight are normal scene.

Its very hard to kill someone in that way. When I was testing with friends and 2 similar tanks were standing agains each other - one with bursting weapon, secound with RL - thew one with bursting weapon wins fight keeping 1/2 hp.
I know that splash damage works diferently and we can use its adventage when shooting in crowd - but experienced players know how to stand to dont get splash damage. Its not always advantage you can use. When we use avenger we somethimes do more damage to more players (because of cone atack area) than shooting from RL. Damage are greater and we dont need to reload over again.

"...and providing many knockdowns..."

RL dont knokdown people (KO like critical hit), it knokback them - its not the same.

OK - for confidence - im not persist to add that perks dealing more damage. I only want to show that many weapons in game has some perks making it more efficient, we can create special builds and result of using weapon by them are much better than using same weapons by another build. When we want to create a RL tank we can only have BROF, Quick pockets.... list ends.

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:35:54 am »

an eye for an eye? sore ass because I negated your idea? Suggestion revolution ! lets kill ideas !
you are so smart.

I'm not smart, im Genius
I said only that rpg need biger chance to KO not bigger dmg. And i said that i was whriting drunk not u :P have a nice day.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 01:06:16 pm »
So we have 10 pesymistic, 6 optimistic.
It doesn't work this way. It's 10 for a build not made for using rocket launcher or suck-build and 6 for a proper one.

When we want to create a RL tank we can only have BROF, Quick pockets.... list ends.
1) Tank isn't meant to deal high dmg but to take it. 2) RL on tank build is just support weapon and actually if you have good composition in a team and there are no many stonewall-tanks in opposite team you can do much harm to them with even 1-2 RLs/team. 3) Build for rocket launcher isn't tank, but Quick Pockets, BROF, 2 ABs and probably 10 luck with all critical perks. *May vary as it would have not much HPs.

RL dont knokdown people (KO like critical hit)
It does if you have Better Criticals.

To sum up:

Darksider

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »
My fault to abuse word TANK. When I was thinking - RL character i was saying RL tank - wryness, too much FO :D

So we have 10 pesymistic, 6 optimistic.
It doesn't work this way. It's 10 for a build not made for using rocket launcher or suck-build and 6 for a proper one.

Yes, we are starting to get somewhere, from beginnig I was saying about special build for RL. Maximize weapon features.

When we want to create a RL tank we can only have BROF, Quick pockets.... list ends.
1) Tank isn't meant to deal high dmg but to take it. 2) RL on tank build is just support weapon and actually if you have good composition in a team and there are no many stonewall-tanks in opposite team you can do much harm to them with even 1-2 RLs/team. 3) Build for rocket launcher isn't tank, but Quick Pockets, BROF, 2 ABs and probably 10 luck with all critical perks. *May vary as it would have not much HPs.

Like up - my fault to use TANK word. When we are creating avenger build we think about DPS character. We must resign from tank perks to have better damage. We somethimes resign from even tougher, we resign from LG only to have 2x BRD and MRD and to maximize weapon features and strong sides.
Please, lets not think - RL TANK - lets think RL DPS Character.
Its mean that we need to resign from tank perks to get charakter shooting from RL better than others. Lets make RL not only as support weapon, but dealing damage weapon.
build you say - quick pocket, brof, 2xAB, 10lk - yes, its a good build to maximize RL strong sides. But we are using now available perks. But if I dont want to invest in critical hits? In my opinion talking - give him 25% critic chance - can be saying about every one weapon in the game. Really that 2 (3) perks and 10 lk is only option? and another 1 st build...

RL dont knokdown people (KO like critical hit)
It does if you have Better Criticals.

Without Better Criticals you will not score KO ? :D technical babble. With critical hit you will score KO with every weapon. We are talking about RL and its normal use. RL knoks back target.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:37:02 pm by Darksider »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 05:42:57 pm »
So you want to buff explosives but theyre strong enough already.

Rocket launchers aren't the only explosives. There's grenade launchers too.

If 3 people with grenade launchers focus on someone without stonewall R.I.P him.

Also -1

Darksider

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:44 pm »

If 3 people with grenade launchers focus on someone without stonewall R.I.P him.

Also -1

hmmm, are you serious bringing 3v1 scene? 3v1 with lsw RIP, 3v1 with avengers RIP, 3v1 with sniper rifles RIP, 3v1 with gatling RIP, 3v1 with pancors RIP, and so on....

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 06:16:48 pm »
The idea isn't bad.

It would be worth thinking about nerfing explosion based weapons a little
but in return add 1 or two perks that make them a little stronger than they are now.
Perhaps even a perk that widens the splash radius by 1 hex.

That way you get dedicated explosives builds that aren't great bursters at the same time
and bursters or tanks profit a little less from carrying a secondary rocket or grenade launcher.

More tactics, less dual wield overkill.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:32 pm »
It would be worth thinking about nerfing explosion based weapons a little
but in return add 1 or two perks that make them a little stronger than they are now.
Perhaps even a perk that widens the splash radius by 1 hex.
That would make explosive weapons barely used. We don't want people to stop using some weapons that are already in use. And about splash - it is good at it is now.

from beginnig I was saying about special build for RL.
No, you weren't. Special build for RL never uses 10 APs for one rocket.

Your whole way of thinking is wrong. If you decide to use RL on your char, whatever it is, you do not rely on dealt damage. You just don't. The good sides of this weapon are good range and effects on hit. You shouldn't base on dmg one rocket deals, but how fast you are able to shoot (it's much better to knockback an enemy twice that to make more dmg with single rocket). Also, the most important thing about rocket launcher is that it IS a support weapon - it works best if you use it to knock down an enemy, letting a friend to finish him, shoot a rocket when a foe picks out of the corner and make him visible for shooters, not letting enemies to heal theirs fighter or just keeping him on the ground.

With critical hit you will score KO with every weapon.
You are wrong. Without Better Criticals: knock down - yes, knock out - never.

Let Kilgore say his word about it, but I already told why it's a bad idea and the reason stays the same.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 10:22:30 pm »

Also -1

hmmm, are you serious bringing 3v1 scene? 3v1 with lsw RIP, 3v1 with avengers RIP, 3v1 with sniper rifles RIP, 3v1 with gatling RIP, 3v1 with pancors RIP, and so on....
You damn idiot, explosives are support weapons, you can't 1 vs 1 with RL or grenade launcher.

This is why you have other builds during TC/Reno
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:25:06 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »