March 28, 2024, 08:03:26 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

Do you want Ghost Town before the wipe comes (as part of the pre-wipe madness)?

Of course!
29 (67.4%)
Nah, not really (maybe I want to keep crafting till the end?).
5 (11.6%)
I don't care.
9 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Topic: Ghost Town  (Read 12252 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
Re: Ghost Town
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 03:24:41 pm »
Ghost town doesn't have a wiki page. I could whip on up later, after the kids are on the bus, but I don't have screenshots, let alone the entire map.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »
Than if no one wanna feed sneakers and lazy asses just remove NR locker and add Ghost Town as only one pvp area without anything in. People will get used to fight there

Kaaon

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 03:40:52 pm »
Than if no one wanna feed sneakers and lazy asses just remove NR locker and add Ghost Town as only one pvp area without anything in. People will get used to fight there
or just move locker from NR to ghost town instead of locker spawning alot of top stuff, there is already much more then enough of it from NR and its not much fun when everyone would be in PAs and shits like that, ghost town looks like better map for pvp then NR
without outfitters and altruists

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 03:43:32 pm »
or just move locker from NR to ghost town instead of locker spawning alot of top stuff, there is already much more then enough of it from NR and its not much fun when everyone would be in PAs and shits like that, ghost town looks like better map for pvp then NR
without outfitters and altruists

It will come after wipe.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 05:23:23 pm »
I'm very glad this topic gets attention, thanks to all who responded and voted. I will be more than happy to address some of your posts and discuss them.

I see no problem with making map available again. But big no to free stuff pvp because it's not even close to fun.
Please, I would like you to elaborate. Having more PvP is not even close to fun? Fighting people you have never seen before is not fun? Though I appreciate your comment, this is too abstract, sorry.

You got magic box in reno or wh,everyone has got characters and
tons of regular stuff and shit. I played during those times thats why im telling you it will never be the same.
Well not the same, but we will have definitely more action than now I believe.

If you wanna fight with free gear just go to hinkley,problem solved.
I expected someone would mention Hinkley, it's quite cheap comparing Ghost Town and Hinkley, because it makes no sense. Hinkley is two small arenas, two teams spawning at the same time. Ghost Town combines advantages of both - arenas and free world. People come and go, asynchronously, that is what made it so unique.

i never seen this map ingame and if someone would be looking for pvp he can come to New Reno anytime so i voted "i dont care", sadly NR is now mostly about plastic explosives due to rlly bad map (plastic explosives are fine, problem is with map.. all grids too close and npcs on streets so you can easily camp all grids plastic explosives or put them to npcs)
Again, it's impossible to compare Reno and Ghost Town.

We don't need another artificial pvp playground today or after wipe. Hinkley is enough. Voted no.

ps. who the fuck craft now? retarded poll
As explained, Hinkley is nowhere near to experience you get from Ghost Town. Other than that, try to fight in Reno as you would in Ghost Town, you would be out of stuff in three days, that's how intense fights in Ghost Town were. You would be forced to either craft, steal from your friends or stop playing, that explains the second option in my "retarded poll".

PvP there could be nice but not with free gear.
This is like saying PvP would be nice in Waterworks but not with free gear. Oh wait, you don't get free gear in there yet there is no PvP whatsoever.

Personally I don't think Ghost Town as a part of pre-wipe madness would hurt anyone, it would take place maybe a week before the wipe, so the lack of Town control is not the issue here.

Slade Willson

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »
Looooool I need it again !!! This Town is awesome, in this are spawning APA, PA, Bozars, Vindicators... This best weapons !

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 06:30:58 pm »
I see no problem with making map available again. But big no to free stuff pvp because it's not even close to fun.
Please, I would like you to elaborate. Having more PvP is not even close to fun? Fighting people you have never seen before is not fun? Though I appreciate your comment, this is too abstract, sorry.
Sure. For me fighting with free gear is like ridding a bike with 2 additional wheels.
People don't fight same way if they got free stuff then when they have to risk their own gear.
For pre-wipe madness such place with stuff is ok. But longer than that is just too long.

Personally I don't think Ghost Town as a part of pre-wipe madness would hurt anyone, it would take place maybe a week before the wipe, so the lack of Town control is not the issue here.
I think your first post lacks this info. One could think that you want it added now. And such town with free gear for a month is completely different deal than if you want to make it available in pre-wipe madness.
:facepalm

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »
A week before wipe why not but definitely not now or any sooner,anyway id rather see prewipe madness with only tier 1 available than something that we have already experienced.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »
Sure. For me fighting with free gear is like ridding a bike with 2 additional wheels.
People don't fight same way if they got free stuff then when they have to risk their own gear.
For pre-wipe madness such place with stuff is ok. But longer than that is just too long.
Yes, they don't fight the same way, because they fight a lot less. Sometimes I have to wait hours on worldmap before someone dares to come. For me it just means less PvP, even now there are people who have 1000x more stuff than I do and I highly doubt their playstyle would changed if they were given free stuff (because even now they basically fight for free). But I don't want to look like I'm trying to force my opinion, so let's just agree to disagree.
I think your first post lacks this info. One could think that you want it added now. And such town with free gear for a month is completely different deal than if you want to make it available in pre-wipe madness.
You're right, I will edit my first post.
A week before wipe why not but definitely not now or any sooner,anyway id rather see prewipe madness with only tier 1 available than something that we have already experienced.
This would be an excellent idea, BUT don't forget there are fully implanted players, I don't see a way to kill a tank with all implants with a hunting rifle. Remove all implants, after that you got my vote.

-SOLDIER-

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 07:34:31 pm »
Hello ... I thing when we do the Ghost Town in 1 month this server have many ppls .. Look on 2238 all play on TLA or dont play anymore but when 2238 make a Ghost town many of ppls go here .. When the Ghost town make in last week ... its not much time for any others players ... Adams idk why you angry .. I thing you playing On FO2 ... :D Dont give fuck up for my english :D

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17:39 pm »
Making Ghost Town available one week (or so) before the new session sounds good for me. AFAIK the map is present in game as I didn't touch it when working on 2238 source. So it should require no effort for me to simply add this location somewhere on worldmap.

Urukhai is reworking the map for possibly better PvP, after wipe the reworked version will be present on worldmap, of course with some reward spawners and some NPC guards (like Warehouse). Locker from New Reno Arms will be removed, but since New Reno has been reworked already (all maps merged into one, check Urukhai's work in another forum section), we'll place something there as well. Not as profitable as today, but wipe will bring many changes.. we'll see how it works.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 08:49:48 pm »
cool!

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 11:28:28 pm »
Making Ghost Town available one week (or so) before the new session sounds good for me. AFAIK the map is present in game as I didn't touch it when working on 2238 source. So it should require no effort for me to simply add this location somewhere on worldmap.

Urukhai is reworking the map for possibly better PvP, after wipe the reworked version will be present on worldmap, of course with some reward spawners and some NPC guards (like Warehouse). Locker from New Reno Arms will be removed, but since New Reno has been reworked already (all maps merged into one, check Urukhai's work in another forum section), we'll place something there as well. Not as profitable as today, but wipe will bring many changes.. we'll see how it works.
Man, not guards npcs... they are annoying in WH already. just leave it empty with or without a locker, its a ghost town after all...

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2014, 01:31:31 am »
Random containers, random spawns, tons of PvP, all fun. Am I right? I think the outfitters are dumb.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2014, 04:32:21 am »

Man, not guards npcs... they are annoying in WH already. just leave it empty with or without a locker, its a ghost town after all...

Nice joke :D