March 29, 2024, 06:49:22 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

Do you want Ghost Town before the wipe comes (as part of the pre-wipe madness)?

Of course!
29 (67.4%)
Nah, not really (maybe I want to keep crafting till the end?).
5 (11.6%)
I don't care.
9 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Topic: Ghost Town  (Read 12254 times)

Urukhai

• View Profile
Re: Ghost Town
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 12:32:51 pm »
If you wanna fight with free gear just go to hinkley,problem solved.

Hmm I'd like to know... Are you a retard or are you just kiddin' me ?

I don't care about gear. I care only about pvp. When Ghost Town was there for the first time, people were mainly attracted by stuff. They went there to die or to loot something and to strike back.
Even in my video, you can observe that main fights are taking place away from lockers.
If this location will be opened without any profit inside, you can go fight in Water works too.

And why are you caring so much about looters? Aren't they emptying the locker in NR at 4 or 5 AM ? Sneakers can go there and empty the locker whenever they want. They will put this gear out, hide in their tents, and once they will go to pvp, you just kill them and loot them. Where is the problem ?

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 12:36:36 pm »
But if this location will be opened now without any gear spawning in lockers, who will go there ? There must be an other reason. And attracting players with stuff is the only way I know. If you have some Ideas share with us.

That's the problem with current players. Why do you think lockers in reno/wh appeared? Do you remember old times at 2238 in New Reno? There was no locker, nothing, but people were going there almost all the time if there was no TC at the moment. Just to fight. Right now you have to give players something to make them come out of tents.

If good map and possibility to fight others is not a reason enough to go and have some fun than we got nothing to talk about. I miss times when people were coming to fight, right now you can see enemies looting you and running away with loot even when their teammates are still fighting...

You can't change sad fact that most of current players are greedy, reward dependent pussies that put loot over good pvp.

With motion sensors a sneaker can be easily spotted.
It's not a matter of spotting them or not but the fact probably that more than half free gear will be transported out of location instead of being used in fighting there.

And people should think twice before they write something. First they say just bring back map, not much work but then they will be like:
- bring A, B
- remove C, D, E
- add F, G
- change H, I, J into K, L, M
yeah, sounds like no work with this to me...
:facepalm

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 12:41:28 pm »
If you care only about pvp why you want outfitters altruists and lockers spawning shit in insane ammounts in there?

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 12:58:00 pm »
But if this location will be opened now without any gear spawning in lockers, who will go there ? There must be an other reason. And attracting players with stuff is the only way I know. If you have some Ideas share with us.

That's the problem with current players. Why do you think lockers in reno/wh appeared? Do you remember old times at 2238 in New Reno? There was no locker, nothing, but people were going there almost all the time if there was no TC at the moment. Just to fight. Right now you have to give players something to make them come out of tents.

If good map and possibility to fight others is not a reason enough to go and have some fun than we got nothing to talk about. I miss times when people were coming to fight, right now you can see enemies looting you and running away with loot even when their teammates are still fighting...

You can't change sad fact that most of current players are greedy, reward dependent pussies that put loot over good pvp.

With motion sensors a sneaker can be easily spotted.
It's not a matter of spotting them or not but the fact probably that more than half free gear will be transported out of location instead of being used in fighting there.

And people should think twice before they write something. First they say just bring back map, not much work but then they will be like:
- bring A, B
- remove C, D, E
- add F, G
- change H, I, J into K, L, M
yeah, sounds like no work with this to me...

Totally agree with you, but for the beggining Kelin suggested to add Ghost Town as it was before.
Greedy players will always be there. I remeber those times when ppl looted stuff and hid it in tents and never used it because the thought they would have enough time but greed, greed never changes.

The only way you may change this behaviour is by showing your own example, if you are not looting like an idiot during the fight, if you come to Reno to kick some asses just because you spotted a player there. This is how it should be. I come to Reno, even if we I'm alone and they are 3.

If you care only about pvp why you want outfitters altruists and lockers spawning shit in insane ammounts in there?

Only for cookies  ;D

Honestly I don't give a fuck about outfitters, I have lot's of stuff that I'd like to use.
Outfitters can be used for those who are to lazy or too greedy.
And if the condition is to go there with your own stuff, I will build a new base next to Ghost Town, bring tonns of shit and fight there the whole day.

Kaaon

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 01:48:11 pm »
i never seen this map ingame and if someone would be looking for pvp he can come to New Reno anytime so i voted "i dont care", sadly NR is now mostly about plastic explosives due to rlly bad map (plastic explosives are fine, problem is with map.. all grids too close and npcs on streets so you can easily camp all grids plastic explosives or put them to npcs)

If we only had "alike pvp anywhere" as you say, so why no one comes ? Why should I wait the whole day till you come to TC opening in Redding or BH ? And this just for two hours ?
and what else you want when you are in one of the two biggest factions allied together ?
you are 1/2 server in one alliance and you are asking why you have to wait for pvp whole day.. sorry but noone will come to NR fighting 5v15
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:49:59 pm by Seki »

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

and what else you want when you are in one of the two biggest factions allied together ?
you are 1/2 server in one alliance and you are asking why you have to wait for pvp whole day.. sorry but noone will come to NR fighting 5v15

What did I just read ? What alliance ???  Amboys are on their own.
BBS helped The Black Hearts (screened and recorded), UV was allied with The Black Hearts (screened and recorded aswell). Even TAD vs UV+BBS+BH once in Den, so what ? We came to fight anyway.

And during the day we come to Reno to kick UV or BH. So don't tell me please about any shitty alliance.

There are two kind of people, those who want to do something and they play no matter what and those who don't want and they have thousands of excuses.

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 02:05:31 pm »

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 02:11:00 pm »
I want to have this arena working again with all things that were avaliable in 2238, like outfitters, lockers with good shit etc.

We don't need another artificial pvp playground today or after wipe. Hinkley is enough. Voted no.

ps. who the fuck craft now? retarded poll
Bang Bang Smash

Daryl

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 02:17:33 pm »
To be honest look kelin I respect you man but I agree maybe a new map to fight in but not with these outfitters and stuff I don't agree to that! I agree with mojuk and Adams what they say and if you remember the map had so many fucking items there it became very laggy and people where whining to devs and like Adams and mojuk pointed out people will be like oh add this add that to much work maybe devs can concentrate on the wipe

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »

Lol go ask napalm then. We are not allied and have never been. Armor King joined them and some one or two pistoleros. Btw Armor King said that Pistoleros will ally with them, funny to hear that from a guys who is not even a leader overthere.

You helped Black Hearts even when you were full team. So don't say shit please.

I want to have this arena working again with all things that were avaliable in 2238, like outfitters, lockers with good shit etc.

We don't need another artificial pvp playground today or after wipe. Hinkley is enough. Voted no.

ps. who the fuck craft now? retarded poll

And who are "YOU" and how many of "YOU" disagree ? Only adams and you ?
Kuma agreed. So in that case just remove the locker from NR and add lockers in Ghost Town.
Bitch please Seki and Burstdeath don't even know how Ghost Town was (not even sure if they played at least FOnline at this time) so listening to someone who doesn't know about what he is talking, is a waste of time (I don't offend anyone of you guys).

BTW, I don't remember having seen many BBS in Ghost Town.

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 02:41:19 pm »
i never seen this map ingame and if someone would be looking for pvp he can come to New Reno anytime so i voted "i dont care", sadly NR is now mostly about plastic explosives due to rlly bad map (plastic explosives are fine, problem is with map.. all grids too close and npcs on streets so you can easily camp all grids plastic explosives or put them to npcs)

^this is a good reason for a new location where main pvp battles are being fought

but before ghosttown comes back.. we should wait for the new "new reno" map without seperate map tiles.. maybe that helps. at the moment you can just c4 commercial spawn and camp crossroads and have all sewers and 2nd street exit in sight without beeing "surprised" by an ambush.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 02:48:32 pm »
I only want ghost town back to give the autistics someplace to do their b.s. where they won't fuck it up for everyone else.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »
For those who didn't see Ghost Town and are too lazy to download 2238 mapper:
http://i.imgur.com/s2Dd15P.png
http://i.imgur.com/3ICn5sw.png
(there was 1 more grid at east added later)

PvP there could be nice but not with free gear.
:facepalm

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 03:14:14 pm »
For those who didn't see Ghost Town and are too lazy to download 2238 mapper:
http://i.imgur.com/s2Dd15P.png
http://i.imgur.com/3ICn5sw.png
(there was 1 more grid at east added later)

PvP there could be nice but not with free gear.
Exactly,the location is nice but NO crazy lockers no outfitters and no altruists.

Kaaon

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 03:20:26 pm »
Bitch please Seki and Burstdeath don't even know how Ghost Town was (not even sure if they played at least FOnline at this time) so listening to someone who doesn't know about what he is talking, is a waste of time (I don't offend anyone of you guys).
thats why i didnt said yes/no and i voted "i dont care" ..  ::)