April 20, 2024, 04:14:27 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

Do you want Ghost Town before the wipe comes (as part of the pre-wipe madness)?

Of course!
29 (67.4%)
Nah, not really (maybe I want to keep crafting till the end?).
5 (11.6%)
I don't care.
9 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Topic: Ghost Town  (Read 12294 times)

Kelin

• View Profile
Ghost Town
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:36:13 pm »
I know that there are some plans to bring this map alive after the wipe, but honestly I don't care about the map as much as I care about quality pvp, so I want to have this arena working again with all things that were avaliable in 2238, like outfitters, lockers with good shit etc.

For those who have never played in Ghost Town, it was a map dedicated for non-stop pvp and people were coming there all day long, the reason was lockers spawning top gear at the bottom of the map. It was a great adventure for me and I'd wish to experience it again, so please say your opinion, I believe if we will be many willing to have this nice place to fight, Kilgore will eventually unlock it ;>

EDIT: I forgot to add that the town would be available only in the so-called pre-wipe madness.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:14:32 pm by Kelin »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Town
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »
Hell yeah this would be fun

Spoiler: show

Many more here :P

http://imgur.com/a/gJAov

My favorite one

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:41:05 am »
I never knew anything about this place - never heard of it until now. Where was this location on the big map? Sounds fun.

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 01:33:15 am »
+1 Fun times on 2238

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 01:35:13 am »
It was awesome! Yes bring it back!

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:14:02 am »
i dont know the map. so it would be nice to get to know it before wipe :)

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 11:36:48 am »
Hell fucking yeah! Guys just imagine PvP the whole day long! No matter how many of you are there! You just come and do non stop PvP :D. And with many players as we are now, I guess we will have a lot of fun. Ghost town lasted like 1 whole week ? Maybe more! But I have never had so much fun as in ghost town!

here a slideshow I did last year :

And a video:

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46:51 am »
I vote for no. Its waste of devs time and nothing stops you from having ghost town alike pvp anywhere its not like it was the location what made it fun and interesting.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 11:55:19 am »
I vote for no. Its waste of devs time and nothing stops you from having ghost town alike pvp anywhere its not like it was the location what made it fun and interesting.

I don't think that oppening an already existing location would waste 2 days of hard work. If we only had "alike pvp anywhere" as you say, so why no one comes ? Why should I wait the whole day till you come to TC opening in Redding or BH ? And this just for two hours ?
In Ghost Town players had the possibility to create a new char, insta exp him, get regular stuff for free and go fight in Ghost Town. In these lockers you had a spawn every 30 minutes of APA or vindi, bozar, holyhand grenade etc. People where holding postion till they died. And came back again and again.
You may just have not played it. This is the reason why you say no.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 11:57:36 am »
Of course it was not because of map. People were going there so much because of free stuff, altruists, outfitters and magic boxes spawning top gear in insane amounts. Even when it was kind of pre wipe madness people were still going there in bluesuits/sneakers just to get loot to tents and make carpets...

I see no problem with making map available again. But big no to free stuff pvp because it's not even close to fun.
:facepalm

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 12:07:22 pm »

If we only had "alike pvp anywhere" as you say, so why no one comes ?

And what makes you think that in ghosttown it would be different? You got magic box in reno or wh,everyone has got characters and
tons of regular stuff and shit. I played during those times thats why im telling you it will never be the same.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 12:13:30 pm »
Of course it was not because of map. People were going there so much because of free stuff, altruists, outfitters and magic boxes spawning top gear in insane amounts. Even when it was kind of pre wipe madness people were still going there in bluesuits/sneakers just to get loot to tents and make carpets...

I see no problem with making map available again. But big no to free stuff pvp because it's not even close to fun.

I never hid anything in my tent, because it had no sense :D Server was going to close anyway. And now the server will be wiped. But if this location will be opened now without any gear spawning in lockers, who will go there ? There must be an other reason. And attracting players with stuff is the only way I know. If you have some Ideas share with us. With motion sensors a sneaker can be easily spotted.
Maybe let just all top gear disappear from you when you leave the location ?

And what makes you think that in ghosttown it would be different? You got magic box in reno or wh,everyone has got characters and
tons of regular stuff and shit. I played during those times thats why im telling you it will never be the same.

It would be different because Ghost Town had like 10 lockers with top gear spawning in and not only ONE.
This area is just bigger and approved it's self to be good for pvp. Reno is spammed with sneakers-locker-looters aswell.
There are already people who voted for ghost town to be back, and they are not all from the same faction. I guess more others will come to rock the vote and many other players will discover that place.

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 12:16:31 pm »
If you wanna fight with free gear just go to hinkley,problem solved.

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 12:16:52 pm »
I never knew anything about this place - never heard of it until now. Where was this location on the big map? Sounds fun.

screen is from last 1,5 seconds of arsis' video

Spoiler: show

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »

this/\   , and this    \/

That will be next speedrun on bluesuit to the locker and go back to drop shit on stash in tent, before wipe is not needed to open that map, I never been in Gost Town and I can bet it will be awesome PvP location but after wipe =D