May 02, 2024, 11:13:59 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Things I Like  (Read 6376 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Things I Like
« on: May 06, 2014, 11:25:49 pm »
Things I Like, and things i dislike like about this game.

• Safe Houses! I remember when we had only simple tents.
  • 10 Tents per Character! I remember when it was only 1 per.
  • Tent maps! I remember when sharing a tent was only possible at tent creation.
  • The Gunrunners Mutant Cave Quest! An excellent PvE fight worthy of all players' attention.
  • Companions.
  • Ares Rocket Silo! Seki proved it could be solo'd but it remains very tough. One of my favs.
  • The New Warehouse with Slags! Toughest place ever? It is good to have something even tougher than Ares.
  • Blueprints! This feature added some respect to the hardcore crafter types.
  • More Loot in Random Lockers! Thank you. This makes blueprint hunting a lot more interesting.
  • Implants! Yes! A way to improve a fighter's build beyond the normal limits! Awesome feature.
  • Town Control. Of course I have to mention this premium feature that was added a long long time ago.
  • Unguarded HQ Mines. I thought i would hate this, but truth is its yet another worthy challenge.
  • Advanced Workbenches. Makes sense to me. Hey it could be even tougher.
  • Crafting Bonuses! This is so fantastic, it's like the sky opened up on a rainy day and the sunlight of happiness shines in.
  • Cave Exploring! Yes! It's a fun time finding such rare stuff like alien blasters.
  • All of the latest new ammo options like EMP and Dragonbreath shotgun shells. Love it.
  • Radios built into helmets!
  • Firetruck holds water. Intriguing. Looking forward to the purpose of this.
  • Pashtshuur. Always nice to have yet another deadly NPC out there.
  • Gunrunners quest now repeatable! Fantasticness.
  • Vertibirds! Vertibirds man! How frickin' awesome is that?
  • Expanded list of other vehicles. Firetruck, truck, Corvega, Police Car, etc.
  • The New Military (Implant) Bunker SE. PA! Gauss weapon! Very good work on this.
  • Expanded use of Hotkeys.
  • Oh Caravans! Too harsh still, but glad this feature is in-game.
  • Desert-Style Combat Armor!
  • Stonewall Rework.
  • Increased Range of Flamers.
  • Flares that work!
  • The fact that our requested Faction Names are added with each update. Thank you.
  • The New Exit Grid in the back of San Francisco.
  • Private Mines. Okay this is not really right yet, but i'm glad it's a feature being worked on.
  • The wide variety of alternate clothing items that change your appearance. But i miss being able to find these more easily in random lockers.
  • Helmets. Although this feature complicated some combat mechanics, it adds realism.
  • Barter Grounds!
  • Hinkley!
  • Craftable containers!
  • Removed Level Cap! Woohoo!
  • NO RELOG TIMER! Thank you! This "feature" was only a limitation posing as a feature. Imposter! Why penalize us all for the crimes of some? A hotly debated topic but good golly please no, don't ever bring back the FaRT.
  • Access to enter/exit Junktown anytime.
  • Control+G/D to grab all or drop all. Very handy.
  • Big Map
  • Explosives, in TC, in all PvP, anywhere! You never know when you might explode!
  • Support Perks. When these were split away from regular perks, it was a big improvement.
  • Barter Grounds. Good idea and popular with all players who use it.
  • Caravans! They need some change but great feature - glad it works at all.
  • Quick starts to Town Control. I remember in 2238 when starting TC was too complicated.

Dislikes
  • Wipes. I hate them. All our work, gone.
  • We all know the Fix-Boy needs a serious upgrade. Some of us hate using auto-clickers. Old topic.
  • Implants themselves are awesome, but as we might expect in this first iteration of a new feature, there is some sort of balancing needed because i played this much (15M+ xp) for 9 months and never found a single one.
  • Town Guard NPCs stupidity. They should remember a criminal player-character and shoot on sight.
  • Lack of an NPC-Driven Justice System. Particularly bad player characters should be sent to work in a mining camp as a temporary prison to repay society for their crimes. Something like that.
  • Companion stupidity. They burst me. They use rockets at 1-hex. They shoot targets in the wrong order.
  • Lack of Perks for Companions.
  • Need to see Companion stats before asking them to join.
  • Town Control "Windows". If you're always at work during the window, you'll never TC there? Bad.
  • Lack of Production/Manufacturing features. There are pieces of machinery with their own item ID and image ID. Need a way to set up a manufacturing plant as the right pieces are gradually found in random encs. Put it all together and you can autocraft in batches. Something like that.
  • Lack of use for fire gecko pelts. Fire-resistant armor...something like that. See Suggestions forum.
  • Junk requirements in crafting is far too high compared with how heavy is junk, and how few junks we find at a time. Cut junk requirements in half maybe.
  • Private Mine locations not shareable.
  • Private Mines exclusively related to slavery and not just simple work for pay. You need a certain character type to get these workers too, which i find too limiting.
  • Private Mines only last a week and produce resources at slavery speeds. Need mines for non-slavers that last, and produce at regular mine speeds.
  • There used to be tons of fast-respawning ants under Broken Hills. I really miss this.
  • Finding the same several blueprints over and over before finding others. Can blueprint rarity be equalized? As it is now, a serious bp hunter might spend 6 months trying to find a single CA bp and find like 13 FN FAL bps in that time. Very frustrating.
  • No Drugs Available Inside Hinkley.
  • Junk Collecting Too Slow. Maybe double/triple junk cap per enc.
  • I miss the aggressive brahmin, the ones who knock you down. I agree they were much too aggressive before, but the idea that cows will occasionally defend their poo is cute. Good for a laugh when new players are in there making their first caps.
  • The boxing ring in Junktown doesn't work anymore. I sure miss this.
  • Non-Combat Actions Require Too Many Action Points.
  • Not enough resources from Science, even with Dismantler perk.
  • The GAIN perks should be split out from other perks imo. They would be so helpful, yet are rarely used due to being buried amongst other perks in an 8-perk limit per character. Find a way to split these out, like Support Perks, and it will be like someone choking being able to breath better.
  • "Grab All" command does not work with flint.
  • Gecko pelts dropped on ground appear as boxes, not as pelts with proper image.
  • Unable to re-assign Companions to my own characters (without dual log).
  • Inability to delete holotapes from Pip-Boy Archives, lack of scroll bars and cannot highlight blocks of text. Turns out this is hard-coded into game engine, so we should not expect any change.
  • Distance too long between Ares Rocket Silo and respawn.
  • Taking drugs while already on drugs does not reset drug timer.
  • Vertibirds should travel with OD 300. They should not be stopped by rats, pulled down out of the sky and forced to land.
  • When a gang starts the TC timer, the amount of time is effected by the Speech skill of whichever member initiates TC. It's good that higher Speech means your TC timer is less, but it should be based on the best Speech skill in the group, not strictly on the Speech of the one who initiates TC.
  • Radios found in random encounters are always set to transmit but not receive.
  • Crafting Buffout is only 1 at a time - need to craft batches of at least 10
  • Using oil can on valves in the Stranded Rust quest will use all of them at once! Has to be a bug.
  • Brahmin have such low Hit Points with no way to level them up. Need tougher cows.
  • No apparent way to see the name of a faction base.
  • Telling Companions where to meet seems to have some glitchy/incomplete dialogue.
  • Need an option to batch-craft Buffout/Psycho, just like batch-crafting stimpaks.
  • The bright splash screens between game transitions are very hard on the eyes. I love Fallout art, but I find myself closing my eyes when i enter a new map to avoid that bright flash. These should be replaced by dark screens to avoid such stark contrast.
  • Lack of butcher tables. My goodness, these towns would each have one.
  • Super Sledge does not have crafting bonus.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:20:03 am by Henry »

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: Things I Like
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:28:14 am »
I omitted the points in which I agree with Henry to not over-inflate this topic.

THINGS I LIKE
- kilgore actually listens to suggestions from time to time ;D
- the community (yes, even all you douchebags out there)
- clothing items are great for roleplay
- russian roulette under the maltese falcon
- dogs (they really need some improvements though)
- do-it-yourself bases (would love to see more low tier ones)
- game is more beginner friendly now (no more "first tent agony")
- radios in helmets (still need to add them to leather armor helmets)
- you can have 10 tents instead of one or even more with maps from other players
- removed level cap (there are some problems because of it but overall it's a good thing)
- expanded crafting, especially containers are neat (no idea why they're so expensive though)
- events (still need some more experience and testing as some were failures, but the concept itself is neat)
- bartergrounds (could be a bit more lively though and would make more sense as a sub-section of the hub now)

THINGS I DISLIKE
- implants
- private mines
- caps and resource floods
- fix boy is kinda terrible, I agree
- crafting madness for bonus items
- crafting bonuses are way too powerful
- high charisma has very little advantages
- low IN and CH have very little drawbacks
- crafting requires too few resources in some cases
- almost everything is too easy to get, especially "rares"
- few npc factions and those that exist are kind of pointless
- can't join npc factions and player factions at the same time
- reset-able reputation (no drawback for being a thief or PKer)
- drugs are so common they don't really have a point anymore
- blueprints are pointless now too as you only need many caps
- locker and cave farming is way too good (and easily abusable)
- companions (players should use mercs or play with actual players)
- some player skins break the immersion for me (robots, mantis, rats etc)
- primitive workbenches look awful (what was wrong with using the fireplace?)
- advanced workbenches (just make high tier stuff require more rare resources)
- bombers in the hub (I kinda liked them in the NCR but they feel out of place in the hub)
- nigh unlimited container space makes it pointless to buy vehicles like trucks or caravans
- no pvp in the hub (you should at least be able to do something against tagged thieves)
- can't chose between tent and safehouse (maybe make the safehouse a crafting option)
- few people actually roleplay and even complain about roleplayers (like the thieves guild)
- huge gap between casual players and "hardcore pvp elite" due to OP gear and implants
- too many changes not thought through which ruines what little balance there is and causes problems
- new "hardcore" encounters that ruin traveling in groups or doing caravans for new and casual players
- tendency towards playing tanks is way too high, would love to see more variety and less combat armor turrets
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:36:31 pm by Sperber »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:27:13 am »
  • Implants themselves are awesome, but as we might expect in this first iteration of a new feature, there is some sort of balancing needed because i played this much (15M+ xp) for 9 months and never found a single one.
  • Private Mine locations not shareable.
There are legions of implanted chars running around. You just look for them in wrong places I think. It would be harder to get implants after wipe.

If you bring other player to private mine he will see it until location disappear (you buy a new one).
:facepalm

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:42:28 am »
Thanks. Struck out a line.

I'm not saying nobody has implants. I know many do. One of my fighters has 3 actually. What i am saying is that every fighter character in this game wants those basic 6 for sure (the 2 Nemean, 2 Dermal, and 2 Phoenix), plus most fighters can benefit from some others (depending on how build was planned). So if i have maybe 10 fighters total, that's 60 implants bare minimum. I been playing 9 months (or wait, maybe more) and i have NONE of these. The only 3 i have, 2 were purchased and 1 was gifted to me by a friend. I checked TC lockers, i checked Warehouse and Reno many times.

So the need seems too much greater than the supply. Too much contrast between these 2 things. It's a new feature so it should be no surprise that some balancing is in order. Remember when blueprints were first introduced? They had to make some changes and eventually those can now be purchased as well as found. Similar thing with implants: their availability needs to be tilted a bit back in favor of more players getting them.

Another factor in balancing such things is the slippery slope effect; once you start sliding down it, you only slide faster and the hope of stopping drops very quickly. Same with implants as it is now because a team that dominates in TC will get more implants sooner, which means soon their whole team is noticeably tougher than opponent's team. Now winning TC (to get implants) gets tougher and the hope of catching up to that implanted team slips away.

Case and point: i was recently in TC with a strong gang. I asked who among us had implants. They all said none of us do. I didn't either (on that fighter). Yet there we were fighting (and mostly losing) against the dominating team and seeing their fighters had implants (and thus higher HP).

Again, i love the feature - great idea! I love the implants idea, but i say some change is in order.

Strike

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 05:25:24 am »
We all know the Fix-Boy needs a serious upgrade. Some of us hate using auto-clickers. Old topic.

I agree to this one.

Implants themselves are awesome, but as we might expect in this first iteration of a new feature, there is some sort of balancing needed because i played this much (15M+ xp) for 9 months and never found a single one.

After wipe, I think they are harder to find :D Which is good thing IMO.

Town Guard NPCs stupidity. They should remember a criminal player-character and shoot on sight.

I agree. We really need improved town guards against all kind criminals.

Lack of an NPC-Driven Justice System. Particularly bad player characters should be sent to work in a mining camp as a temporary prison to repay society for their crimes. Something like that.

There are prisons ingame, not just sure why they aren't in use. Private prison is used for banned characters.

Companion stupidity. They burst me. They use rockets at 1-hex. They shoot targets in the wrong order.

Hmm, they just trying to kill enemy with any cost. I agree they should need brains in combat.

Need to see Companion stats before asking them to join.

Not sure about this one, sounds just so stupid. I know it's stupid too to ask companion to join and then kick companion out because bad stats.

A use for fire gecko pelts. Fire-resistant armor...something like that. See Suggestions forum.

+1, I like that fire resistant armor suggestion :)

Junk requirements in crafting is far too high compared with how heavy is junk, and how few junks we find at a time. Cut junk requirements in half maybe.

I think they should replace junk in some recipes with something else, like with extra metal parts.

Private Mines

IMO, Private Mines need some serious rework or need to be removed from server.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »
Added my mustard in the second post.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 06:52:13 pm »
  • Lack of Perks for Companions.
Sounds interesting, post a suggestion - I don't think it was suggested earlier.

There will be an in-game reroll feature which will eliminate the need of donation and manual work of admin, so I really doubt that anyone will need more than 3-4 combat characters.

Other things: will be changed wherever possible or necessary.
It's a useful thread for me, I'm hoping for more posts.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 07:24:44 pm »
You have a lot of SE;
You have places to play PVP alone;
Lots of fixes weekly/monthly;
Kilgore listen;
Lots of different guns with different bonus;
More and more Armors;

Dislikes
Fixboy needs changes;
too big worldmap makes players unfindable;
Few people in ungarded towns (none?);
too much good stuff in TC lockers (should only spawn drugs and CA Mk2, no implants);
Exping from crafting is too easy;
Caravans are too hard for solo player;
The regular stuff is useless;

Strike

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 08:11:31 pm »

* Possible to find or buy blueprints.

* Community.

* Kilgore is good developer, he listen and usually fix problems in no time.

* Special encounters are nice thing to find.

Dislikes
* Special encounters during caravans are too hard for newbies -> reduce rate to encounter them.

* Crafting too easy and rewarding -> Reduce experience from crafting 50%

* Problems with autoclickers (I mean autoclicker miners) -> New rules against autoclickers.

* Problems with Private Mines (slaves, economy ruined after sometime, anyone can get one without problems and it is too rewarding) -> Last option would be to remove Private Mines from the server.

* NPC factions are not useful for anything -> I agree it would be too much work to rework NPC factions.

* Cities are mostly empty, just HUB and few other towns (NCR, TC towns, Gunrunners) also have little population -> New activities/quests or possible to gather some resources only in some towns.

* Fixboy without option to choose how many items you would like to craft :(

* Crafting bonus are just too used, regular weapons are just useless waste of resources -> Personally I would remove crafting bonus system, it just give too much bonus + character perks combination is too much.

* Most of encounters all seems like rats, too easy to kill and farm stuff without problems with right character -> I would increase Hit Points for every encounter mobs/critters.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:35:08 am by Strike »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 12:47:05 am »
I love implants and i love the crafting bonuses and the xp from crafting as it is now, and i am saying that as someone who avoids auto-clickers. I know we can use them but it still feels like cheating to me. All this clicking though, one by one, yeah i don't blame people for using automated methods.

I'd like to say that right before I joined this Reloaded server, i played one called Survivors, by Spiritwind. One of the changes he made that i wish we had here is a 9th perk. One more perk made a huge difference in morale and allowed several more much-wanted improvement options to all of my builds. One more perk. Let the idea sink in. One more perk: it's what's for breakfast.

PLAYERS, SPEAK UP!
Now is your chance to try to block the "Fast Relog Timer"! Do you want to be forced to wait 3 minutes each time you want to switch characters? Noooo! Say so, before wipe!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:04:42 am by Henry »

Strike

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 05:39:56 am »
PLAYERS, SPEAK UP!
Now is your chance to try to block the "Fast Relog Timer"! Do you want to be forced to wait 3 minutes each time you want to switch characters? Noooo! Say so, before wipe!

I think Kilgore already said that it will return after wipe. You can only blame players for this, most biggest reason was fast relog from PvP matches and now everyone suffer from it.

It will be back after wipe, just to ensure no one gets ban for a fast relog without knowing what's going on.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 10:57:45 am »
I don't want to derail the topic, but wouldn't it be possible to add the timer to pvp zones only?
Meaning that if you log out your character in or near a pvp zone you get the timer, while in your base for example you don't?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 02:31:49 pm »
10 Tents per Character! I remember when it was only 1 per.
Get ready for disappointment; Kilgore announced a 100-tent system. ;)
Still no DIY caves/mines. :'(
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 07:20:26 pm »
Things I like:
  • Kilgore (no homo stuff, author of the Battleground server deserves to be praised)
  • Bursting weapons (XL, Pancor, Gatling, Avenger, P90...)
  • Drug system
  • BBS (don't get me wrong, lots of them are niggers but I like good competition)
  • Containers
  • Tents (I don't care about bases, too much work)
  • Flares/visible encounters/TB traps
  • New Warehouse with strong NPCs
  • Caving (farming caves is easy, so what?)
  • Simple levelling
  • Easy to get CAmk2s and Desert CAs
  • TC (ofc)
  • Reno
  • Hinkley
  • Barter Grounds
  • Cars are affordable
  • Community
  • PvP (out of all current servers, Reloaded got best PvP)
  • 2238 engine (new SDK revisions from Cvet suck)
  • This forum
  • IRC#Reloaded
  • Ctrl+G/Ctrl+D
  • No relog timer
  • Team PvP events
  • GM help/GM support

Things I don't like:
  • Crafting
  • Blueprints
  • Advanced workbenches (workbenches in general)
  • Implants (after 6 months of intense playing I had none, very balanced feature. Currently I have one! After 9 months! Hell yeah)
  • Nolife jews/hamsters calling me hobo
  • Aim weapons (223 pistolero totally useless etc. needs reballancing imo) EDIT: crit table has been modified, it isn't that bad now
  • Helmets
  • Companions/Mercs/Slaves
  • Explosives
  • No shortcuts for healing teammates and self-healing
  • No drug timers
  • Radio in helmets/spamming radios on the ground
  • GM abuse (let me explain this: fully implanted DocAN with Bozar while 90% of regular players had no implants whatsoever at that time, that was damn suspicious, though I'm not accusing anyone)

Other things I just don't care about.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:54:16 am by Kelin »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »
Dislikes
  • NO SEX!!!!!! I means SEROIUSLY Kil, I can’t even drop shit one hex from my slaves because if that! If I wanna be a dirty whore, shit, ti’s a role playing game!!!! Let me be a dirty whore!!!!!!!
IRL I’m a clean whore.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...