April 24, 2024, 11:40:15 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Reworked Redding  (Read 4145 times)

Urukhai

• View Profile
Reworked Redding
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:00:28 pm »
Remapped on request  :)

Barneys

• View Profile
Re: Reworked Redding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »
Well done!

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
Wow, I didn't imagine that Wanamingo part would be so big.

It's a nice idea but one thing seams a bit odd to me. That remains of road on added part are a bit off, no idea where would they lead. It looks almost as if it should be much more on south. Right now left-down corner empty space is a bit too big. Maybe moving new part a bit down and cutting some of western parts of map would give better results? For now if you spawn south you would have to do a really long run to get to main street.

:facepalm

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:25 pm »
As we have now a big forest on south :

I also have a suggestion fo all maps, did u ever try the Fo² event called Hinger Games ? In the Hunger game map, all trees have one hex field blockers and it's actually quite good cause forest rly looks like forest, what u think about adding this to reloaded trees ?

I know i ask soe works and i will be glad to do it but i can't use the mapper for unknowns reasons

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 05:45:34 pm »
I added this part on the right place. And yes Wanamingo is huge.
Other problems:
- Over the mine you have mountains so I had to add them and the map became larger
- I cannot make South side smaller because if I cut from bottom I may loose a part of the downtown
- I cannot cut on west cause then there is no point to add wanamingo
- If I cut from original south side to the tank - players will be annoyed with scrolling.

All maps have to be square or rectangular shaped. Otherwise, you will have scrolling problem.
The forrest down has some "walled" trees. So you have a nice cover when you are advancing inside.

The road is not a big deal, it can be fixed and shortened in 2 secs. (If Wanamingo would stay below there is no ruined road though.

The only thing I can do, it's just add some tents below the wanamingo building to fill the empty space.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I like what I see.
I know shit about mapper, maps and art so it was only my "first impression opinion and concerns" and you know what you are doing :)

Yeah, maybe something on south to fill empty space or maybe few bigger trees with fov blockers as dskpnk suggested.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »
Yet another awesome reworked map, bigger maps after wipe :>

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 06:42:00 pm »
Looks like this map would need a complete rework, including new buildings/tents/shacks/whatever and changing the existing part.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 07:00:44 pm »
Yeah, maybe something on south to fill empty space or maybe few bigger trees with fov blockers as dskpnk suggested.

It's already done and I think that doing pvp there would be awesome
A small update of the map but it seems that Kilgore would like to remap it. Go on =)

I hear your suggestions guys!

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 07:59:15 pm »
Ok here is another update of the map

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:51 pm »
nice

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 08:20:14 pm »
Very good job!

I think we would also need bigger TC zones to some (all?) of reworked towns.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 08:21:24 pm »
I think this would be better placing, as the streets are connected to eachother:

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »
I think this would be better placing, as the streets are connected to eachother:

Lol you are a hardcore mapper dude! "I fuckin' map ovher da toolboard, biatcht !!111" :D

What you are saying is no that bad, but you moved a bit too much down Wanamingo.  Half of the building is out of players view, and the spawn is behind. Even if it remains like this, You will have to run all around these buildings and  for pvp it is not that good, when you are loosing time only to getting to your target.

After this an other problem occurs. Wanamingo is down, and what will you have above ? An other empty space ^^

In my last screen I moved the main part of redding a bit closer to the east, added one more tent on the right and a another building on the left. The Forest is not that huge. Maybe you will have other suggestions ?

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 10:32:15 pm »
Lol you are a hardcore mapper dude! "I fuckin' map ovher da toolboard, biatcht !!111" :D
Cause there are no boundaries for my awesome mapping skill! :P