Topic: Mine Control  (Read 1111 times)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Mine Control
« on: May 04, 2014, 04:48:33 pm »
So here's idea for another PvP activity:
Every Saturday or Sunday there would be zone appearing near Redding or Broken Hills. Time of appearance would be rather random (Saturday OR Sunday between 21-23 server time). Those areas would be something like private mines, but you would have to fight for them.
Whenever that zone appears, there would be global info and 1h timer. When the timer ends, the group being in the capture zone gets private mine for a week.

After capturing, the Private Mine would be visible only for faction, who captured it.

That's not all:
After you capture the zone, you need to pay 50k to be able to have slaves in that mine (for exampe you would have to pay some guards who wouldn't let the slaves run away)

That would require deleting Private Mines (as they are now) from the game.
I think that guarded mines should also be deleted from the game, and the only source of materials should be unguarded mines (Gecko mines) or random encounters (small amounts of materials, doesn't respawn)

Strike

Re: Mine Control
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 04:58:11 pm »
+1

We need get rid of those Private Mines, that are easily to obtain by anyone now. With this suggestion, Private Mines are more rare and harder to get than now.
(I would prefer to delete Private Mines from the game, but where we would get HQ materials then?)

As for guarded mines, I think there should be less of them. Maybe just few (2) zones that aren't close to any towns, and yes they should be unguarded as Kirkor suggested.
(This would solve problem with those autoclicker miners, would be more risky for them.)

And then again, there should be random encounters that have small amounts of materials.
(Also, maybe just little chance to obtain HQ materials?)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:11:14 pm by Strike »

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »
In other words, make huge gangs (like BBS) stronger while small gangs will suffer from not having proper equipment. Personally I would delete all the mines from the game as they serve no other purpose than the endless grind. Getting good gear from dungeons, doing PvE quests and maybe special encounters is way to go. Regular gear (gear that can be successfully used in PvP) should be relatively easy to get through farming, which would involve risk of having additional random PvP in encounters.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 07:01:15 pm »
No timer, no paying for slaves, continuous action and very VERY high yeids- you can't possibly mine this place as fast as it pumps out the good shit (no low-qual, and maybe JUST gold and uranium). For the 24-48 hours, it's a free-fire zone.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »
No timer, continuous action
So when would you mine the materials, if there would be constant fight? And what would be the point of the area, if there already are unguarded mines in Gecko and Broken Hills?

no paying for slaves
No. Even if you are powerful gang, you have to pay a little to get free shit from "private" mine.

It would be only once or twice a week, so it would be something unique, not some every-day-routine.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 11:09:52 pm »
In other words, make huge gangs stronger while small gangs will suffer from not having proper equipment.

Yep. Bad idea.