April 29, 2024, 12:51:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Thrower Suggestion? Oh yay.  (Read 5227 times)

Boon

• View Profile
Thrower Suggestion? Oh yay.
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:14:36 am »
I suggest to lower the AP needed for Molotovs, Frags and maybe even Dynacord by 1.

Molotovs/Frags are pretty low damage so i doubt they would be used in any serious fight.
(Haven't tried dynacord - so no idea on that)

I think i read somewhere in 2238 that they were an ap higher due to the knockdowns, but that is pretty useless against stonewall here anyway.

Thoughts?
Wasteland is harsh.

Furior

• View Profile
Re: Thrower Suggestion? Oh yay.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 09:47:10 am »
I would create a shorcut to hex shoot granades from inventory. This would make them viable in pvp.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:32:55 am »
Then do it and share your code.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 10:48:12 pm »
Then do it and share your code.
I wish I could do it  :-\

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:21:52 am »
I think throwers suffer the most from having to take two perks to even get full range.
Maybe the first Heave Ho! should give full range while the second gives you an additional -1AP,
to offset the drawback of throwing weapons not having crafting bonuses. If -AP is removed though there'd be no need.

I also think that Throwers need a better AC mechanic to really be viable.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 09:57:25 am »
Maybe Heave Ho! should be merged.

I've got mixed feelings about decreasing AP cost for grenades, need more feedback.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »
I've got mixed feelings about decreasing AP cost for grenades, need more feedback.

Quote from: FOnline Reloaded Wiki
Molotov Cocktail - 5AP
Grenade (Frag) - 5AP
Grenade (Plasma) - 4AP
Dynacord Stick - 5AP

Grenade (Plasma) has 4AP usage, and it is best grenade available. I think you should decrease AP usage for other grenades to 4 too.

Also seems like spears have too much AP usage. Not so important role as grenades have, just saying.
Sharpened Pole - 6AP
Spear - 6AP
Sharpened Spear - 6AP

5AP should be enough for throwing spears, anyway they are lot weaker than grenades and throwing knives. Some roleplayers would like this.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:36:55 pm by Strike »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 02:37:29 pm »

Molotov Cocktail - 5AP
Grenade (Frag) - 5AP
Grenade (Plasma) - 4AP
Dynacord Stick - 5AP

Grenade (Plasma) has 4AP usage, and it is best grenade available. I think you should decrease AP usage for other grenades to 4 too.

Other nades got KD effect and bigger explosion radius. I believe higher AP cost was made to prevent from KD spamming. It's not fun when you can't move and others are shooting to you.
:facepalm

Strike

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 02:55:16 pm »
Other nades got KD effect and bigger explosion radius. I believe higher AP cost was made to prevent from KD spamming. It's not fun when you can't move and others are shooting to you.

One of reason why Stonewall got some boost:
- Stonewall perk now protects against knockdown from grenades, rocket explosions and shotgun bursts, chance to avoid knockdown is based on Strength, 10 ST gives roughly 95% chance, 9 ST - 80%, 8 ST - 60%, 7 ST - 40%, 6 ST - 20%,

And unlike Dynacord Stick, Molotov Cocktail doesn't do much damage so bigger explosion radius isn't much effect with it.

I still hope we could see Molotov Cocktail doing fire damage, and would work with Pyromaniac perk after wipe. Much more use for it than now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:58:42 pm by Strike »

blasma

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 04:19:18 pm »
Frag grenades were useful before the stonewall update, with the constant knockdown in return for low damage. I think they should bypass stonewall, they are a good tactical weapon no-one has ever considered.

As for plasma grenades, It could have knockdown or 1 less AP.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:22:07 pm by blasma »
"i join amboy because have big ppl, ultra violence have small ppl" -Shever 2014

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »
I think they should bypass stonewall, they are a good tactical weapon no-one has ever considered.
No. To have stonewall you have to use precious perk point AND have alot of strength. It wouldn't be fair if stonewall worked only on SOME kind of knockdown.

I tthink that small dmg boost to grenades should be enough.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:02 pm »
I think they should bypass stonewall, they are a good tactical weapon no-one has ever considered.
No. To have stonewall you have to use precious perk point AND have alot of strength. It wouldn't be fair if stonewall worked only on SOME kind of knockdown.

I tthink that small dmg boost to grenades should be enough.
well, I'm for this, I mean with stonewall, the person could just run up to the person throwing grenades and they'll get themselves.

but with the force knockdown it will give them a chance at least (with backup of course)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:02 pm »
well, I'm for this, I mean with stonewall, the person could just run up to the person throwing grenades and they'll get themselves.
And gatling is useless against tesla. Does that mean tesla shouldn't work against gatling?  ::)

You should have also some gun, not only nades.
And don't worry, grenades will have some really cool feature after wipe.

The only thing they need imo is small dmg boost or less AP usage (maybe both?). Cause right now its better to use GL (at least from what I've tested so far).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:12:52 pm by Kirkor »

Strike

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 11:49:00 am »
And don't worry, grenades will have some really cool feature after wipe.
What is this feature, that you are talking about?

The only thing they need imo is small dmg boost or less AP usage (maybe both?).
Just less AP usage should be enough.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:58:40 pm by Strike »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 01:44:04 pm »
As far as Molotovs go, I suggest to add a BURNING status effect, similar to poisoning or radiation. It would not only do damage over time, but also slowly deteriorate armor. This could also work with flamers, and in-turn would make them an acceptable option in PvP.