April 29, 2024, 07:06:18 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Bounty hunters  (Read 1820 times)

Barneys

• View Profile
The Bounty hunters
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:31:01 pm »
It would be great if after a certain karma level (or after bombing newbs in the Hub) is attained, a bounty would be placed on the head of the player by the faction with which it has bad karma. They could meet the player in a force encounter where he would have very few chances to survive. It could also be progressive, the more bad karma the player gets the more chance he has of meeting the bounty hunters in an encounter.

1000 karma = 10% chance
1500 karma = 20% chance
2000 karma = 30% chance

After each kill of the bounty hunters, the karma would go down 200-300 (or back to 0?) making it something to think about when doing something wrong or killing regular factions army.

Also, I thought maybe we could have a new "faction" called the 5 suns that are like the judges of the wasteland, meaning that if you have bad karma with towns or other players, they would send the bounty hunters after you. The map is almost ready but it's a WIP and only an Idea. There could be quests related to that and even a new possible profession (bounty hunter).

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
Re: The Bounty hunters
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »
I still think it is very good idea to punish player for they evilness:)

Still, because i saw on forum suggestion like that or similar, many times before

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »
Awe man.... I wouldn't be able to go from town to town due to the amount of forced encounters I would be getting. I do think it would be quite interesting though, only if they had good loot. For example, they could have gear with randomized bonuses.

+1 I suppose, if they have good loot.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:07:51 pm »
For a player alone they would be impossible to kill and would have less delay before attacking.

The idea is to kill the players that have bad karmas, not give them more items.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 08:31:46 pm »
I can use a 2AP-4AP weapon and kill up to 7 Bounty Hunters solo...

So unless the encounter is forced in unstealthed RT or TB with bounty hunters spawning on top of you this wouldn't do much of anything.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:50 pm »
Wrong type of bounty hunters bro-meo.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:35 am »
You just need to make those bounty hunters a bit stronger and in RT and problem solved.

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 01:01:33 am »
For a player alone they would be impossible to kill and would have less delay before attacking.

so from time to time you will meet bounty hunters and.. die without chance to survive ?  :o ? dafuq ? whats the point ? it would be very annoying and limiting for low karma players

there was already 4548765874 suggestions about bounty hunters.. they are fine, whats your problem..

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 01:22:37 am »
A TB party of two or more will be FORCED into a fight with Bounty Hunters if they started out with a weapon equipped.
Renegades are even worse as they are inherently Hostile it seems.

Still interesting. The idea that Bounty Hunters hunt players.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 01:50:49 am »

so from time to time you will meet bounty hunters and.. die without chance to survive ?  :o ? dafuq ? whats the point ? it would be very annoying and limiting for low karma players

there was already 4548765874 suggestions about bounty hunters.. they are fine, whats your problem..

The idea is to make players think before getting bad karma. Right now having bad karma with a faction is easy. You just need to avoid the 10 places where you can meet them.

Strike

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 06:03:44 am »
The idea is to make players think before getting bad karma. Right now having bad karma with a faction is easy. You just need to avoid the 10 places where you can meet them.
Yeah, now it really doesn't matter do you have bad or good karma.