April 29, 2024, 09:21:12 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: All My Gear gone.......  (Read 6609 times)

Barneys

• View Profile
Re: All My Gear gone.......
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 06:02:14 pm »
Its not noob friendly I agree, but weve all been there... takes patience.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 06:07:16 pm »
I agree, mostly, the really old players didn't have this issue cause they were first. I actually find it to be interesting to keep PVP in most areas but near the HUB isn't a good PVP zone especially if you want more players to play the game = more PVP in the future in other areas.
----
Be quick?

Base raper spawns next to you cloaked in TB. You're a level 4 blue suit you don't even see him

one hex GG, The issue is that more people PVP in TB more than ever if you ask me. Can't even start the game for many players.

Not that I support the idea as even if it only worked for low levels. Low level alt + Team = never get into PVP while the 9 other level 70's farm everything and if someone does really really want to get in one turn 100+ Turbo shots = death
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:11:37 pm by Beta HQ »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 06:20:28 pm »
Base raper spawns next to you cloaked in TB. You're a level 4 blue suit you don't even see him
1. You can't enter TB sneaked. 2. If he spawns in your encounter - you have advantage. 3. Don't whine about being killed if you're messing around on bluesuit.

I remember exping a new char when there was really much more players on the server. I had to look for encounters in the map borders not to be killed by higher-tiers. Exp your char (just few levels to get your guns skill around 100-150) by crafting or find lone places. Westland is harsh, you know.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »
1: I've been sneaked when going into a TB encounter guess that was a bug.
2: Not for Bluesuits at the HUB
3: There shouldn't be PVP so close to the HUB due to so many newbies starting off there, wonder WHY they're in a blue suit? Just cause they just got killed 1 block from the HUB.

The wastes should be harsh away from the towns when you die practically outside of their gates that shouldn't happen in guarded locations.

If it were IRL the guards would deny anyone that killed another player within 1 block of the city proper(Watch guards/Patrols). Would you want a murderer inside your gates?

I'm all for a harsh wasteland after letting the newbies stand on their feet and start to understand the game, not killing them and hoping that some catch on.

We've gone far enough off topic that this would be better in the thunderdome.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:33:31 pm by Beta HQ »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »
Hey, guess what! I've been a bluesuit too! And guess what! I've started at Hub too! And guess what! I've never had problems like you do! :D You die, you go to your tent (oh wait, you don't have one? lol, go near NCR and make your tent quest), take your shity pistol (or steal it from some dead raider) and go again on wasteland. Till you stop dying.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 07:00:01 pm »
Its not me its the new newbies. (Great for recruitment I must say) Perhaps a passing problem but if it persists don't expect any new players to be joining any time soon.

Tent? Don't got one cause of a PVP'er? well do the mission? oh sorry you just did.

Of course making a new account is the obvious fix, (I wonder why there are so many alts...) but to actually enforce HUB Bluesuit killing as an expectation isn't going to appeal to anyone but the killers.

Jaxmk1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:27 pm »
i was referring to a middle screen warning like"someone else entered ur area......and it shod be turn based...not real time...so it the week player has some time to hide,run,ambush,defend,whatever...

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 07:36:12 pm »
i was referring to a middle screen warning like"someone else entered ur area......and it shod be turn based...not real time...so it the week player has some time to hide,run,ambush,defend,whatever...
It would make it even easier for TB abusers.

You just have to be watchful all the time.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 10:58:39 pm »
I think it's easier in Real-Time, but i know the perception is opposite. In TB, you're stuck, so a Turn-Based PK smiles big. In RT, you loot that footlocker, grab that cool gear and exit faster than a PK can usually find you. Load up, drop it all at a nearby tent, and go back for more (with Lockpick skill).

And once you get a car, you need to drive it in RT so you can exit quicker. If you drive cars in TB, you get stuck there until the fight is done. So what happens if you lose? You lose the car that way. So try forcing yourself to get into RT. You also level much faster in RT, and TC (later) is always in RT. Some quests totally suck in TB too, so for multiple reasons, go RT!

Each char can get 10 tents, so go hunting tons of brahmins and make a bunch of tents to have "safe" places scattered around. Edit tent names as you go and and make maps. You can get 10k caps before too long and buy a private base. Drop all tent maps there. Why? Because your next character can be added to that base, then go there and read all maps. Now he sees those same safe locations without making his own tents.

FYI: On my own, solo without a team, i now have over 1M caps (not big by pro standards but i'm happy with it), over 40 Safe Houses all over the map, several different PvP-class fighters with various builds fully leveled up plus other characters for other uses, over 13M combined xp, tons of crafted gear including Combat Armor, a decent stash of combat drugs distributed at my most important PvP locations, a car for every character, a crafter with every blurprint, weird rare items like alien blasters, turbo plasma rifles, bridgekeeper's robes, solar scorchers and pulse pistols, some cheezy puffs lol, even managed to trade for a few implants, found 4 vertibirds and a power armor. So don't get discouraged at all - you can survive. You must survive. What alternative do you have now that you found the best game ever? Easier games are beneath you.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:20:46 pm by Henry »

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:35 pm »
Usually I'd disagree about leveling and PK'ing in TB but due to the recent update PK is more prevalent in TB, RT is the way to go for the beginning and long term if you PVP.

You won't get EXP as effectively, but with PK'ing you won't get any EXP anyway. AT least in my opinion.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 01:26:34 am »
1. You can't enter TB sneaked.
[/quote]
Unless its already there.
2. If he spawns in your encounter - you have advantage.
No, he does. You don't know he's there.
3. Don't whine about being killed if you're messing around on bluesuit.
Well, that's true.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 06:07:10 am »
Unless its already there.
And your nick is Mika A Noire. :) It's obvious, but wasn't related to what I meant.
No, he does. You don't know he's there.
If you really are familiar with that thought - never ever be suprised to lose TB fights. :)

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 07:14:08 am »
Yeh well wasteland has to be harsh. On the other hand, oldtimers with a small dick get a looot of kicks out of baseraping and hunting nubs. Harsh wasteland is a gr8 idea and I love the game. I do not love the nub exploitation that some nutless whimps in overgear seem to like. It's part of the game, but the system favors them too much at the moment.

1) From world map, you should not be able to see how many players are in an encounter bfore you enter - perhaps even name concealed - as in "you encounter floaters and player(s)". This will force player hunters to think twice instead of only entering when they feel safe they can rape a nub they just saw in town.

2) Based on outdoorsman, players in an encounter should have a decent chance of getting a warning when another enters the encounter. Also, whats with the lack of random encounters when you are out hunting lately? Seems no matter your outdoorsman you get the dialogue to avoid encounters now. That certainly makes player hunting easier. Possibly, when solo and with enough outdoorsman, one could get a 5 sec-lasting yes/no option to simply leave the encounter on new player entering. That way outdoorsman actually does good stuff.

3) Oldtimers should consider our regular player numbers and the FACT that so many new people are around all the time (meaning lots of the new ones don't stay and become stronger - regular player numbers aren't rising much) - wouldn't it be nice if more of those stayed and became part of our permanent player base?

4) consider making a nub trainer NPC that tells players in dialogue about being followed, about thieving, about the tent function and quest etc.

5) Jax you're welcome to forum PM me and I'll try and run you through the basics next I'm ingame

Gregor

• Scourge and Purge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 11:56:23 am »
I don't know what it'd take to implement this sort of thing,  but maybe a system such as a small-ish area for new players, PVP turned off, can't be stolen from etc. Basically make it pretty safe so you can get the hang of things before you hit, say, level 3 or 5. When you create a character you can choose if you want to start there, or start the game properly in one of the shit-pits with a quest giver right outside, like it is now, and you can't enter the area at all once you reach level 5.
I don't know. just an idea. Something like that MAY help new players want to stay.
Personally I just stuck with it. Got killed often, so didn't take any good gear anywhere.
Oh and don't carry money in your pack if you go to a town to buy something. Put it in a hand, so you can't have it stolen, then quickly swap it to your pack for trading (been gone since Christmas, not sure if you can pay with money in your hand now. Makes sense when you think about it. "Hey, I want to buy something. Let me just put this cash in my pocket so it'll magically teleport into your inventory when I say go")
Get a tent. Store stuff there. Make a second character for crafting so you can tool yourself up after death, allow both characters access to that tent so you don't have to piddle about with trading/dropping gear. And like everyone has said, use the Wiki. Some things are still out of date but for what you need it's a goldmine.

On that note, side question, anyone know what skill the 40mm grenade launcher uses? traps, throwing, big guns, small guns? In tactics it was small guns, is that still the case?
CLANG
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"