April 29, 2024, 03:07:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: New bases  (Read 3036 times)

Barneys

• View Profile
New bases
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:10:53 pm »
Im asking people for ideas about the new bases, what would you like?

Also Im thinking that maybe tent could only have primitive workbench.

Some base obtainable after quest could give regular workbench.

All the bases could have different features.

Example :
Trapper camps : Your homesteader can hunt geckos,
                          Rot still, etc.

Bunker : gastation : Homesteader can hunt junk.

and so on.

Also, the bases could have maximum number of players entry.

Smallest base : 2-3 char
small base : 5-7 char
etc.
Large base : 25 char +
Old bunker : 50 char +

and so on. I would give a meaning to having larger bases.

Could be better work for factions. Considering that most players have ~10 alts. The medium bases would be the most variated and have all the option to gather ressources through homesteaders.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:42:30 pm by Barneys »

Strike

Re: New bases
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »
We just have to remember that after wipe there is no more resources gathering on bases, so we need to think something else.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:22:10 pm by Strike »

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:49:18 pm »
First idea:
-remove workbenches from tents, keep only primitive ones and maby still in Safe hause
-add new types of workbenches (for ammo only, armors, low trier stuff, medium trier stuff, robots, simply medicaments)
-in various bases put diffrent type of workbenches

Note: best craftable stuff should still require advanced workbench and they should be where they are now

Second idea: Workers
I think Homesteaders(Farmers) are one of the best features in the game:) So maybe add new kind of workers:
-Miners- They can obtain flints and all kind of ores, but not much and not always. Random amount with random propability of success. One shoulde pay them for the work with caps, food, booze.
-Gatherers- like current homesteaders-they bring you some easy to get staff from wasteland (brock flowers,xander roots, junk, flints,firewood, iguanas, fruits)
-Farmers- they work in the field and produce all stuff what can be raised like fibers, fruits, brahmins, maybe flowers, etc
-Hunters - they living from killing criters, so pay them and get some gecko pelts, brahmin hides, scorpion tails, etc
-Scientist - the most expensive ones, you need pay them just to keep them in the base, they can produce for you chemical components, bio med gel, maybe from time to time random BP

and they can live and work only in particular bases, farmers with bases with gardens and/or brahnim pens, miners in caves/bunker and so on

What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:02:14 am by Corax »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:57 pm »
Also Im thinking that maybe tent could only have primitive workbench.

Some base obtainable after quest could give regular workbench.

All the bases could have different features.

Example :
Trapper camps : Your homesteader can hunt geckos,
                          Rot still, etc.

Bunker : gastation : Homesteader can hunt junk.

and so on.

Also, the bases could have maximum number of players entry.

Smallest base : 2-3 char
small base : 5-7 char
etc.
Large base : 25 char +
Old bunker : 50 char +

and so on. I would give a meaning to having larger bases.

Could be better work for factions. Considering that most players have ~10 alts. The medium bases would be the most variated and have all the option to gather ressources through homesteaders.
Hate it. Bases should be bases. Simple.

As for new bases: A version of the fallout Cathedral; Multi-story building with a fully functioning bunker. A secured gate partitionng off the private part of the base from the public part (only members can open the gate).
DIY private mine/cave base. I've already discussed it, not gonna go over it again.

UPGRADES TO BASES!!!!! Uh, I'll just leave that open at that...
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »
Hate it. Bases should be bases. Simple.

So left only one base: Base.
We just want existence of various bases would not be pointless and that happend if every base will have the same features.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:03:00 am by Corax »

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:45:14 pm »
I'd rather not have player limits in bases, which could probably be circumnavigated any way. In tents it'd make more sense but still only for balancing reasons, but its not a real issue.

I could have 50 guys standing in my room if I really wanted a crowd.

I agree with Mika that Bases should be bases something spectacular. Although I'm leaning toward them as rewards for elite players who stumble across them in special encounters AND pay through the nose for them. 20K of all resources and 15M kind of high. Reserved for the largest and best of factions. 300 Junk 10K caps, 15 MP, and 10 EP is basically nothing to anyone playing for more than a few days or weeks.(Which is ok for new factions)

Multiple workbenches don't really make that much sense to me. Although removing them from tents/safehouses would be annoying it does have a good reason as now no one ever leaves to use a workbench. But you'd have to remove them from all but the best of bases for it to honestly matter in the long run.

Kilgore I think wants this game to be less tedious than the previous one so I doubt he'd support the removal of workbenches.

IMO there should be more Advanced Workbenches in guarded towns with long missions attached to them. I have a non combative crafter and unfortunately that means I almost can never craft anything worth while as is.

Workers will have to go to public areas to get resources I would think, Kilgore wants to remove private resources after all. Not sure about private mines. "Workplace" Accidents will happen often. So workers need to be cheap to ever see use...unless the point is not to use em.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:12 am »
I'd rather not have player limits in bases, which could probably be circumnavigated any way. In tents it'd make more sense but still only for balancing reasons, but its not a real issue.

I could have 50 guys standing in my room if I really wanted a crowd.
yeah i disagree with that limit also, but barneys proposed also other thing: the biggest your base(bases) is the more players can be in the faction, so it enforce biggest faction to spend resources to get better bases.

I agree with Mika that Bases should be bases something spectacular. Although I'm leaning toward them as rewards for elite players who stumble across them in special encounters AND pay through the nose for them. 20K of all resources and 15M kind of high. Reserved for the largest and best of factions. 300 Junk 10K caps, 15 MP, and 10 EP is basically nothing to anyone playing for more than a few days or weeks.(Which is ok for new factions)
Spectacular and what? Bunker is spetacular but noone use them. I bought one to check how magnificient it is, but it have any real value for my faction. Bad location, nothing what other bases have not.

Multiple workbenches don't really make that much sense to me. Although removing them from tents/safehouses would be annoying it does have a good reason as now no one ever leaves to use a workbench. But you'd have to remove them from all but the best of bases for it to honestly matter in the long run.

Kilgore I think wants this game to be less tedious than the previous one so I doubt he'd support the removal of workbenches.
I don't said to remove all workbenches. But not give one Workench for everthing in one private place. Make them go between bases or go to publib general workbenches.

IMO there should be more Advanced Workbenches in guarded towns with long missions attached to them. I have a non combative crafter and unfortunately that means I almost can never craft anything worth while as is.
Nope, one is enough and it is even too easy to get access to it.

Workers will have to go to public areas to get resources I would think, Kilgore wants to remove private resources after all. Not sure about private mines. "Workplace" Accidents will happen often. So workers need to be cheap to ever see use...unless the point is not to use em.
Nope, Homesteaders just stay in place in bases:) But they have cooldowns for actions. You ask him for gather 20 fruits and have wait around 20 minuts to give him another task. But accidents could be something interesting if they could get some better, more dangerous stuff.
And Kilgore said he like idea of homesteaders and that feature will be improved.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:39 pm »
I really want to see a military grade base, similar in style to Navarro (with hanger or garage, where cars would spawn near workbench and lockers for convenience), maybe with some nice bunker in it. Ofcourse such base should cost alot, but I would totally sink my caps into that :P

The problem with many bases is that they are very inconvenient: Spawns are far away from workbenches or lockers. Everything is scattered around, which is rather annoying.
The bunker base is the worst. You spawn outside, far away from ANYTHING AT ALL. Also the fact that it's the most expensive base in game AND you can't choose location makes it worst base in the game.

So I suggest a small rebuild for all bases, so car spawns/normal spawns are closer to workbenches/lockers.

Another suggestion is for tents/safehouses: Make it possible to invite other characters to your tent via fireplace, instead of these annoying maps.

And last suggestion for homesteaders: Make it possible that you can hire homsteaders, catch few brahmins and tell homesteader to breed them. This way once in a while (once a week? Or random?) new brahmin would spawn if there are enough brahmins to breed. They would spawn up to some maximum.
Then you could ask homesteader to slaughter some of the brahmins and aquire meat and brahmin hides. Another homesteader could be used to dry the meat into jerky or something (with some cooldowns).

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 03:37:10 pm »
I think everyone will agree that they want the ability to set the spawns of where people will appear in their bases.

I think having a movable teleporter device would be a cool way of spawning people inside of the base.

-Cars force a person to park in say a garage.

BlackAdder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »
I think all existing and future base maps could be used.

Base Upgrades could be purchased for a lot of common features.
Special encounters we could "salvage" more advanced features or loot boxes.
Quests for advanced base features is another possibility.

Possible features:
workbench (level of the bench seems to the sticky point, but upgrade chance would be nice)
Drug workbench (make it low level for stimpacks and radaway, maybe rad-x, stat boosts could still require the higher end machine to build)
most other current features are resource gathering, but there are not in high volume so I am not sure why they are such a bad thing.

For me the base features are the deciding factor of which base to aquire.
Previously it was the resources that the base provided which determined which base to obtain.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping this game going.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »
yeah i disagree with that limit also, but barneys proposed also other thing: the biggest your base(bases) is the more players can be in the faction, so it enforce biggest faction to spend resources to get better bases.
But what about small factions who want lots of bases?
Spectacular and what? Bunker is spetacular but noone use them. I bought one to check how magnificient it is, but it have any real value for my faction. Bad location, nothing what other bases have not.
Mine does..... in fact, it's critical to our faction's strategic plan. (Admittedly, though, I'd like to see an overhaul.......)
I really want to see a military grade base, similar in style to Navarro (with hanger or garage, where cars would spawn near workbench and lockers for convenience), maybe with some nice bunker in it. Ofcourse such base should cost alot, but I would totally sink my caps into that :P
A lotta caps, and is it really worth it? We could WAAAAY better.....
The problem with many bases is that they are very inconvenient:.. The bunker base is the worst... (T)he fact that it's the most expensive base in game AND you can't choose location makes it worst base in the game.
I agree about the location issue at least.
And last suggestion for homesteaders: Make it possible that you can hire homsteaders, catch few brahmins and tell homesteader to breed them. This way once in a while (once a week? Or random?) new brahmin would spawn if there are enough brahmins to breed. They would spawn up to some maximum.
I've said something like this before, but it was on 2238. I'd wager others have, too.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:31 pm »
But what about small factions who want lots of bases?
We was talking about the bases limit number of players in faction, not the opposite. So if you want have faction with thausands players/alts you need to buy the best base but no limit to number of bases:)

Mine does..... in fact, it's critical to our faction's strategic plan. (Admittedly, though, I'd like to see an overhaul.......)

Is it a secret? Is it something like my plan to become the biggest producer of leather pants?

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 07:20:12 pm »
lol

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:56 pm »
We was talking about the bases limit number of players in faction, not the opposite. So if you want have faction with thausands players/alts you need to buy the best base but no limit to number of bases:)
So, you can have more bases than your faction numbers allow, but not more members than the bases allow? And no limit on the number at any given base?
Is it a secret? Is it something like my plan to become the biggest producer of leather pants?
No. Just strapons.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 09:46:17 pm »
So, you can have more bases than your faction numbers allow, but not more members than the bases allow? And no limit on the number at any given base?
We can discuss about that but Kilgore propably say: "No,  I don't see the point of that limits:)"

No. Just strapons.

Why do you need the bunker for strapons?