April 28, 2024, 11:11:20 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 122790 times)

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2014, 11:08:56 am »
So when wipe?

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2014, 01:15:40 pm »
I love the current session and i hope wipe will never happen.

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:59 pm »
i wish kilgore never mentioned this wipe, ruined it for me, felt like everything i had worked towards was a bit of a waste but i understand why the wipe needs to happen, so after giving away most of my shit to noobs i still occasionally check these forums to see if the reset has landed yet

but meh kilgore needs time so give him it, when its done it will be awsome but while its still work in progress im not playing any progress gained in the game now will be useless after wipe so why bother lol, i was just getting to the point of implants being possibility and then wipe is announced rofl typical

hope its worth the very long wait

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2014, 04:03:46 am »
The wipe was announced 6 months ago... You had plenty of time to play. Who knows how long it will take still?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:20 am »
If there was no announcement, people would whine about no update despite work being in progress  :P

That's why I told you:
I would not call it soon, so you can just keep playing and not be bothered much by wipe.

So if you decided to stop playing because of wipe, then well.. it's your choice.

At the time I wrote this thread, I was pretty much sure it will happen much earlier, but well, some things take much more time than they should. At least I can say that it's worth of waiting, because many new and useful features are being added to the game.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2014, 03:23:35 pm »
There would be explosive punches and one headed  brahmins!

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »
I don't even care about the wipe, all I'm waiting for is a changelog. Until that gets posted there isn't much point in obsessing about the end of this session. If we have a short test session, I'll stop playing my current characters at that time.

Until then, still plenty of shit to do. Some of you are missing out.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:29 pm »
one headed  brahmins!

Lets be realistic here... nothing that fake and stupid will ever be in the game.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2014, 06:43:41 pm »
I would like to hear Your suggestion about Turn Base.

We know that 1AP spam is a bad thing but is there something else ?

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2014, 07:09:41 pm »
I would like to hear Your suggestion about Turn Base.

We know that 1AP spam is a bad thing but is there something else ?

Suggestions totally coming when I get home from work and on a computer instead of an iTard.

posted from my iTard

ETA:

I'm assuming you guys will fix the 1 AP shot problem for next session, and that's a good start.  I'm not going to complain about that, it's been beaten to death as a topic.

As far as other suggestions, I would like to see us go back to two levels of Bonus Move, and add a sequence boost back to Kamikaze trait, even if it's just +2 to sequence.  I remember a lot of people being upset when those changes occurred, and it was that session that TB PvP dropped off significantly.  Neither of these changes should affect RT combat at all.

Another big problem is sneak in TB.  I don't know what changes are occurring with sneak in next session, but right now there is no reason not to level up sneak on a TB build.  You can't "run" in TB, so there is no need to invest in perks, just level sneak as you macro at a workbench.  If using half of your AP for movement is considered running when applying AC, then it should probably apply for sneaking as well.  So, I suggest if you move more than half of your AP in turn based, that the player should unsneak unless they have Silent Running perk.

Currently both of my TB builds have 300 sneak, but no silent running.  It's easy to gain positional advantage when I can move 17 hexes sneaking in leather with a pistol, and then change armor/weapons behind cover.  I encounter a LOT of other high AP sneakers while in TB encounters also, so I'm not the only one doing it.

The last thing is when the encounter is TB, but combat has ended, or not begun yet.  The first person to shoot will get that first shot or burst in real time, and then immediately get to use their full AP to fire or move more once combat begins.  So I suggest possibly:

1. When someone initiates an attack, combat starts but sequence determines who gets the first shot.

OR

2. The first person to attack gets the first turn minus the AP they used to fire first.  Example: Character has 12 AP, uses 4 to burst and initiate combat.  When combat begins, they get the first turn but only 8 AP in that first turn since they already used 4.

Very few people care about TB PvP anymore, most of the people who did stopped playing a long time ago.  I don't expect any attention to be paid to TB with everything on the to-do list for wipe.  But since you asked, those are my suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:50:22 am by Wind_Drift »

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2014, 06:47:38 am »

Thank You for detailed answer, it will help us.

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
i dont mind 1ap too much in real time but in TB it does seem overkill

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2014, 08:10:15 am »
As far as other suggestions, I would like to see us go back to two levels of Bonus Move, and add a sequence boost back to Kamikaze trait, even if it's just +2 to sequence.
Viva la degenerate builds TB only ;)

Strike

« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:38 pm »
The last thing is when the encounter is TB, but combat has ended, or not begun yet.  The first person to shoot will get that first shot or burst in real time, and then immediately get to use their full AP to fire or move more once combat begins.  So I suggest possibly:

1. When someone initiates an attack, combat starts but sequence determines who gets the first shot.

OR

2. The first person to attack gets the first turn minus the AP they used to fire first.  Example: Character has 12 AP, uses 4 to burst and initiate combat.  When combat begins, they get the first turn but only 8 AP in that first turn since they already used 4.
Number 1 would make more sense, but I like number 2 suggestion too.

Maybe something similar for bugged cave TB fights too?

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2014, 12:06:21 am »

OR

Number 1 would make more sense, but I like number 2 suggestion too.
Yeah, shooting first at the enemy should be granted with a bonus, but being able to make a burst or eye-shot and then still have a full round is too much. Second solution is not good because you can shoot at the enemy first using most of your APs, but stay in a wrong spot so you can't hide even though you have your turn first. It would lead to an absurd, people getting close to the cover and then shooting or just counting for luck. That's not what TB is about.