April 29, 2024, 03:46:55 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 122801 times)

BlackAdder

• View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »
"And maybe there should be cooldown for crafting. Making 50 CA in 1 minute is ridicolous:)"

instead of cooldown maybe a build time is needed.
Like, a knife takes about 2 sec and CA takes 2 min, some reasonable time frame.
But then let multiple items be crafted in a large batch.

This mechanic may not be usable in public workbenches as the charator needs to stand at the bench the entire time or can come back later and collect the carfted items.
But it seems to me this may take a lot of programming because now some storage system needs to hold the working material and then how to deliver to the correct charator.
But it maybe easy if there was a lock box on the bench that only opens for the charators DNA, passkey, ... or something).

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2014, 05:31:36 pm »
wouldnt change anything really. Just that instead of crafting 50 ca in 10 minutes I would craft them in 5 hours, meaning I could use my auto clicker to do it over night without any problem.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »
wouldnt change anything really. Just that instead of crafting 50 ca in 10 minutes I would craft them in 5 hours, meaning I could use my auto clicker to do it over night without any problem.
or use more crafter at the same time. yeah cooldown isn't so good.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2014, 05:53:08 pm »
I think then that'd make TC a one trick pony.

We'd have to severely nerf TC lockers or make the TC gear available for PVE farmers/Encounter hunters on a much more regular basis to make PvP decent.

Crafting levels the playing field and allows new PvP armies to arise. If TC still had its benefits and we couldn't craft CA it'd go like this

Leather Armor + 10mm SMG vs Gatling + PA tank.

Also PvP builds often are bad PVE builds so they couldn't even farm if they wanted to unless its other players.

Yes, you'd have to nerf TC lockers.
I've suggested this before; make TC lockers spawn money.
TC lockers should be the No 1 source of income and increase with money that the town rakes in.

There should be entrance fees for mines at TC towns. The money from there and from shops would go into the TC lockers.
This would mean that the controlling faction would profit from not killing random players in TC towns as well, since they bring in profit.

And there need to be more ways to spend money and less to earn it.

Also TC towns should have the only mines that produce large amounts of HQ resources while private mines should be removed.
And suddenly TC becomes really rewarding due to steady income and easy access to  HQ resources.

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »
There should be entrance fees for mines at TC towns. The money from there and from shops would go into the TC lockers.
This would mean that the controlling faction would profit from not killing random players in TC towns as well, since they bring in profit.

If there was entrance fees for the mines in the TC towns and the money went to the TC lockers, it would make the people doing TC go out and keep killing people mining so that they would have to keep paying to mine and the people doing TC would get more and more money.

Part Man, Part Machine

Playstation ID: Gavared

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2014, 08:12:42 pm »
No Cool Down for Crafting.
^Reloaded is supposed to be faster than the other games to get into not slower.

Crafting alts makes much more sense to me if you have INT requirements to surpass a certain Percentage.

An Idiot wouldn't be able to learn as much as a genius AND retain the same info.

If alting is such a huge issue that you think that requirements would make it more prevalent then 1 account per IP address right?

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2014, 09:03:32 pm »
No Cool Down for Crafting.
^Reloaded is supposed to be faster than the other games to get into not slower.
As i said it was bad idea. Yeah, Reloaded is user/solo/noob friendly and it is one of the biggest advantage of this server.
Game is not so hard and fun.

If alting is such a huge issue that you think that requirements would make it more prevalent then 1 account per IP address right?
Doesn't work. IP can be easily change in many cases:) and this is not a huge issue, only borring, when you see alt: Somebody10000000000 :)

Kaaon

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2014, 09:23:51 pm »
suggested 6564684 times.. NO.. it can be bypassed many ways, it would be more annoying then useful

Gregor

• Scourge and Purge
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »
I like the idea of having advanced crafting tables in player bases. Or maybe be able to craft a super advanced tool kit or something that gives you ability to use an advanced work bench at an ordinary one.
People complain that they keep getting murdered or whatever, but the problem is, everyone, more or less, is already in a large, well known group, and a lot of people won't accept you if your gear is crap or whatever, so you go to AWB, on your own, with all that gear to build, then get murdered, again, can't make the gear, lose items needed to make it etc and it just keeps repeating.
Everyone just hoards all their good gear anyway so It wouldn't be too much of an issue if AWBs were easier to access. you'd still need to get the materials. it's not like accessing an AWB would immediately give you the good stuff, you'd still have to work at it.
CLANG
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"

Strike

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2014, 02:50:48 pm »
I like the idea of having advanced crafting tables in player bases.
And people would be all the time on their base? That just sound so bad for community, it would be lot better if workbenches would be like now and people need go go out for crafting.

Gregor

• Scourge and Purge
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2014, 03:32:02 pm »
I like the idea of having advanced crafting tables in player bases.
And people would be all the time on their base? That just sound so bad for community
That is a good point, but it's already bad for the community when, if you're not part of one of the well known groups you'll get ganked when you go to an unsafe workbench, lose all your gear for crafting then get pissed off and rant about it in the thunderdome and/or ragequit the game if you're a newer player.
That's one of the reasons I haven't requested to join any of the bigger gangs. Everyone seems to be "my FORpenis is bigger than yours" "No it isn't" "yes it is noob" etc.
CLANG
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »
That's one of the reasons I haven't requested to join any of the bigger gangs. Everyone seems to be "my FORpenis is bigger than yours" "No it isn't" "yes it is noob" etc.

That's a pretty good summary.

Reginopl

• "Without us, humanity is sure to perish" <{|BoS|}>
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2014, 02:02:09 pm »
Dont forgot about NPC-Factions in this wipe,please  8) You have some my ideas in suggestions and not only mine.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »
I have no plans towards NPC Factions, as their existence is simply flawed. This would require a complete rework from scratch and I'm not going to do that.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2014, 06:22:22 pm »
Crafting & Gathering
- New item bonuses,
- Changed some bonus of crafted items,
Item bonuses feature is one of the worse things Ive ever seen in FOnline, thanks to it PvE is useless, regular weapons are useless, and pvp players has to craft 10 weapons just to use 1, which is stupid.

- Gathering resources will be removed from private locations (except Private Mines) and moved to towns and other public locations with increased accessibility
This is also stupid. Its good you want players to leave private locations, but the main problem, private mines, will remain. I totally disagree with that. Remove private mines aswell.
And, bases will be useless after these changes ( but I agree, bases shouldnt produce resources ).