May 01, 2024, 02:12:07 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 122826 times)

Jimmy sunderz

• Eyyyy! You have a fantastic day now.
    • View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #315 on: September 19, 2014, 03:14:15 am »
you'll be the first to be informed  :)

DAMN RIGHT I WILL  *Refreshes page*
"He's lying, shoot him now and take his caps and ammo"

playb0y

• Sniper.Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 19, 2014, 10:32:10 am »
Wipe without update is useless, and update takes time. Right now we've got some stability issues with current client version and that's why new client isn't yet ready to test. If you are totally bored with FOnline: Reloaded right now, take a break or try Ashes of Phoenix, I bet that guys there will gladly use some testers. Work is in progress, you can be sure that when we've got something ready to test, you'll be the first to be informed  :)

I am not such a gamer. This is the one game I am in. (Mean Fo.Re) I don't want to play other servers, no time fot that and atc. I need my drug back :) Allright I'll w8 a while.
Btw. (suggestion) put there some area/place like the old GhostTown till the wipe. You know, some kind of fun.
The Hawks

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2014, 02:50:51 am »
......try Ashes of Phoenix.....

Do it. You won't be disappointed. This is a great server and a good way to pass the time until the wipe.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2014, 08:04:29 pm »
Here is a small test that will allow us to check for any stability/compatibility issues:
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6275.0

Make sure to participate, so we can avoid unexpected problems after new session starts.

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2014, 02:19:19 pm »
Soo, when you say new enemies, do you mean you'll look for more fallout ones you can use? Or are you making them up?
Because I like designing non-existent animals/monsters. You should hold a contest for some new enemies and the best designs get in game. Hnnnn
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

FoubouT

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2014, 04:02:11 pm »
As a fairly new player and a casual one at that, one of change that I would like to see with the wipe is less time spent of gathering resources and traveling to advanced workbench in potentially dangerous cities just to be on par with the players that can afford more time on this game.

I understand the aim behind the location of advanced workbench, but quite honestly, the last thing I enjoy doing is running to the other side of the map just to craft a few Combat Armors and risking to be killed by critters or players on the way there or back. There are other ways to make crafting interesting without de-localizing the crafting stations.

Therefore I suggest the following changes for the new wipe:
1) Removing the advanced workbench
2) Making the recipes more difficult, either with resources, profession requirements, skill requirements, difficulty of obtaining blueprints,...
3) Allowing NPC shops to buy all items (that's most probably THE most frustrating feature of the game at the moment) - I personally do not see the point of forcing a player to run around a whole map and through several towns just so he can sell the melee weapons to one shop, the grenades to another, the small guns to another, and the energy weapons to yet another NPC shop.

This will allow players like myself to enjoy the other aspects of the game such as dungeons, TC, etc.. while not being able to play as often as other players without having to use this time on building ourselves up for weeks.

PS: Excellent work on this game otherwise, it is a blast to play with others such epic games as the first 2 Fallouts. Thank you.

Moep

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »
As a fairly new player and a casual one at that, one of change that I would like to see with the wipe is less time spent of gathering resources and traveling to advanced workbench in potentially dangerous cities just to be on par with the players that can afford more time on this game.

I understand the aim behind the location of advanced workbench, but quite honestly, the last thing I enjoy doing is running to the other side of the map just to craft a few Combat Armors and risking to be killed by critters or players on the way there or back. There are other ways to make crafting interesting without de-localizing the crafting stations.

For this I recommend you the use of the Gun Runners adv workbench. You need to gain enough reputation to gain access though.

Therefore I suggest the following changes for the new wipe:
1) Removing the advanced workbench
2) Making the recipes more difficult, either with resources, profession requirements, skill requirements, difficulty of obtaining blueprints,...
3) Allowing NPC shops to buy all items (that's most probably THE most frustrating feature of the game at the moment) - I personally do not see the point of forcing a player to run around a whole map and through several towns just so he can sell the melee weapons to one shop, the grenades to another, the small guns to another, and the energy weapons to yet another NPC shop.

This will allow players like myself to enjoy the other aspects of the game such as dungeons, TC, etc.. while not being able to play as often as other players without having to use this time on building ourselves up for weeks.

PS: Excellent work on this game otherwise, it is a blast to play with others such epic games as the first 2 Fallouts. Thank you.

I totally agree with the npc shops. Well they dont need to buy everything, but more would be pretty nice.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2014, 09:28:28 pm »
Thanks for your opinion. Back on 2238, there were only few advanced workbenches, their number has been already doubled or more. Some recipes will be more "difficult" after wipe. I also agree about NPC shops, so after wipe they will pay a price even for items they don't want now - but remember such prices will be lower than normal.

FoubouT

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2014, 03:49:25 pm »
For this I recommend you the use of the Gun Runners adv workbench. You need to gain enough reputation to gain access though.
I guess the advanced workbench is not something that will disappear with the wipe and that's fine although, thinking about it, despite the Gun Runners adv. workbench, there aren't any other in the southern part of the map.

So maybe it would be good to have advanced workbenches scattered through the map for better access. For example, in San Fran, there are no adv. workbench close by.

I also agree about NPC shops, so after wipe they will pay a price even for items they don't want now - but remember such prices will be lower than normal.
I think that is fair and it would be really good! Thank you!

Strike

« Reply #324 on: November 14, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »
Is there any news for server future updates?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 15, 2014, 01:32:36 am »
Sooo....its been quite a while since wipe was announced.

still anything?

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 15, 2014, 01:45:29 pm »
are you stupid or what?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 15, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »
are you stupid or what?
No but you probably are.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2014, 01:18:21 am »
So maybe it would be good to have advanced workbenches scattered through the map for better access. For example, in San Fran, there are no adv. workbench close by.
Mariposa. Level 3. Detention block AA-23.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

gabe1037

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2014, 05:45:14 am »
Did this game ever get wiped between the time of this post and now...