April 28, 2024, 01:44:17 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 122786 times)

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 04:04:57 pm »
No to the sugestion of deleting private mines. Not everyone is looking to be constantly vulnerable to attacks when doing PVE. If you want to place some of the better ores at guarded places then sure. But if not, why not limit the private mines to one per faction if they are such a problem in game instead of just removing them.

That is, if you do not want a full PVP environment. If you do that is fine, but just tell us carebears so, so we can try a difrent server.

I haz 25 different factions all under different alts. Private Mines if OP should be removed to prevent locknessing and all HQ materials should be made available at Guarded towns to make the game competative.

Honestly there are enough PVP players that keeping PVE and PVP players seperated would be fine I would think. So PVP becomes a competative experience for all involved. TB players will never meet RT and vice versa problem solved as it has been so far.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:07:28 pm by Beta HQ »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »
Even now everything more expensive than Traper Camp is almost worthless. Without resources and maybe some other features more expensive bases will be totaly not worth an effort(ppl will buy/make it only to check it was not worth an effort like with Bunker now).

You are very, very wrong. Trapper Camp is the shittiest of bases out there. For PvP player even simple tent is a better choice then that one.
The best bases to regear fast for PvP are scrapheap and depot because they got:
- concentrated normal spawn points (in trapper camp you got over 10 spots all over the map)
- concentrated car spawn points (unlike for example gas station, outpost)
- very short distance from normal spawn points to car trunks at car spawns (unlike for example gas station, outpost, bunker, trapper camp)
- very short distance from spawn points (near which you can prepare lockers with stuff) to exit grid
:facepalm

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 04:15:49 pm »
Make tent.
Make Crate at Spawn.

Cheapest most effective base eva...

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 04:25:04 pm »
You are very, very wrong. Trapper Camp is the shittiest of bases out there. For PvP player even simple tent is a better choice then that one.
The best bases to regear fast for PvP are scrapheap and depot because they got:
- concentrated normal spawn points (in trapper camp you got over 10 spots all over the map)
- concentrated car spawn points (unlike for example gas station, outpost)
- very short distance from normal spawn points to car trunks at car spawns (unlike for example gas station, outpost, bunker, trapper camp)
- very short distance from spawn points (near which you can prepare lockers with stuff) to exit grid

Thank for explanation. I'm using only tents when fighting(or pretendnig to fight:)) and for almost everything else, so i didn't notice this issue. But my point was if any other feature will be implemented in bases it is pointless to keep so many kinds of bases because ppl will just  use the cheapest option(if don't need fast re-organizes) or the one best (if they do it so quick as possible)

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »
No to the sugestion of deleting private mines. Not everyone is looking to be constantly vulnerable to attacks when doing PVE. If you want to place some of the better ores at guarded places then sure. But if not, why not limit the private mines to one per faction if they are such a problem in game instead of just removing them.

That is, if you do not want a full PVP environment. If you do that is fine, but just tell us carebears so, so we can try a difrent server.

I haz 25 different factions all under different alts. Private Mines if OP should be removed to prevent locknessing and all HQ materials should be made available at Guarded towns to make the game competative.

Honestly there are enough PVP players that keeping PVE and PVP players seperated would be fine I would think. So PVP becomes a competative experience for all involved. TB players will never meet RT and vice versa problem solved as it has been so far.
Why do you have 24 factions? You have a multiple personality disorder?

Not everyone has mutiple factions and alts, I play with three characters. A builder, and two fighters. one cripler, one melee. In my case private mines are far from OP. But like I said, Ill be fine with what ever change that comes. I am free to leave when I want.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »
me be kidding solo 3 factions. make me easy to separate peopols.

But yeah Just kidding about the 25 factions I just pumped in that many names into the pool with most of them used up already.

Pretty sure some faction owners took a liking to Wasteland Mercs.

I only have 3 for the fun names they're all meaningful to my old gaming stuff. Not so much to most others.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 02:07:47 am »
...the wipe is really needed as it will bring a new wave of players for sure.

Uh sure. It does actually. But those waves of incoming players are only the same ones who only play wipes. They are gone again in a few weeks or months. So i suggest they don't count :) Wipe is like a drug: you get a temporary effect of waves of players, and it wears off soon as they leave.

But wipes are necessary i guess, to introduce wipe-exclusive features, and to correct certain bugs. I have to ask devs though: couldn't those bugs be fixed by running maintenance routines instead? I mean for example I have 40 Safe Houses with bugged water pipes (remember that bug?) Why delete all my data and progress for this? Write a routine that finds the bugged pipes and corrects. And same for other bugs. Bad Combat Helmets crafted prior to radio update: run a routine that finds them and updates them. Deleting all data/progress is just so extreme.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 02:32:46 am »
But... its a done deal now.
me, I'm gonna spend the next month or so building bases. Just because.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 02:37:48 am »
hi.

as a casual player, I'd like to suggest something that emphasize on more faction based pvp.
but with NPC faction, not PLAYER factions..

I (and many others I'm sure) don't have time to make friends in online gaming, and my opinion on reload is that people that belonged to certain player owned factions were very advantageous.

Nothing wrong with that. There will always be favor to players with more time on hand, but my suggestion would be emphasize more on NPC factions..and let there be war (with rewards).

so for example, you join Brotherhood / Enclave factions, and let there be a crusade in certain area, once a week or something on a specific location (with rewards). You don't need to have 10other fallout friends, all you have to be is belong to either faction and just casually participate in the warzone in the right time. (the location should only be available maybe during the war time)

same can be done between Raiders+Slavers+New Reno vs. NCR rangers, etc etc.

this idea is based on an MMO RPG called Helbreath. Cheers.

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 02:43:23 am »
and as for my pure opinion on FOreload and FOnline 2... I played FO2 a little before I stopped playing both,
I have to say that reloade is MUCH better.
FOnline 2 half the NPC doesn't talk, and just seems much less complete.. I could totally see that this server had much more work into it.

Unfortunately I recently stopped playing neither, but if this server is going to have a wipe and all, I really wish the population will come back to this one.. good job guys..*the developers I mean*

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 03:29:29 am »
Looks like 2AP min is in :3

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 10:12:30 am »
Fast relog solution? I cant imagine the game workIng fairly and properly without fixing the biggest exploit. Yes you can pretend its ok and then keep banning but it just seems like banning alcohol on street.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:15:04 am by carnack »

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 05:46:19 pm »
Fast relog solution? I cant imagine the game workIng fairly and properly without fixing the biggest exploit. Yes you can pretend its ok and then keep banning but it just seems like banning alcohol on street.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!...

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 07:14:23 pm »

Talking about fast relog solution is like talking about dragons and unicorns.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:02 pm »
There is a way to fix it, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
But in all honestly giving most of the players Admin rights would just result in unfair bannings.

Fast log could be stopped for the most part by adding a timer in between switching accounts, but since most players don't PVP (newbies/Farmers) it'd end up hurting most other players. And bugs could render the game unplayable.

Like kilgore said there's no easy fix for this problem as it'd hurt more people than not.

Love the way the 2AP and 1AP stuff was resolved.