April 28, 2024, 12:47:03 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 122785 times)

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 07:53:23 am »
I like what I see up there except that I strongly dislike this:

- Limited capability of slave mining, but manual gathering more effective than it is now,

I dislike to do repetitive tasks. That is exclusive reason why I have a slaver build. Unless there is a historical, ground-breaking reason to do this, and you know exactly why are you doing this, I strongly suggest not to change the way slave mining works now, or make it even more efficient.  Would suck big time to have to spend your player time mining instead fo killing something.

And if we go ahead and nerf slaves more, I see no practical reason to have them at all.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 08:05:19 am »

Okay let's not make any wipes/updates, less work for me :) Why didn't you say it long ago?  :(
Sarcasm is ugly.
I dislike to do repetitive tasks. That is exclusive reason why I have a slaver build.
That's nice. You can thank all the people who abused the system in the past, like the jackoff jokes who parked 20+ slaves by 5+ alts in the public mines and totally fucked them up for the rest of us for this. Say, "Thank you, jackoff jokes, for beinf dick cheese curtains and fucking it up for everyone."
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 08:34:54 am »
That is awful, but not my problem. I am not suffering from OCD to have millions of alts and miners. Just kill the poor creatures off and move on is what I say. Don't screw it up for the rest of us.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 08:51:37 am »
OCD? Its economical, if I could I would exploit this also.

Unless slaves don't mine at Private mines I still don't see how the issue won't go away. It'll basically turn into.

Leave slaves -log in for the day -Drop ore on ground -Leave Slaves
-repeat for week -Go back with Follower/Cow -pick up ore from ground.

If I get like 2-5K Materials it'd be totally worth it still. As if I looted a cow/slave at a Public mine but with bigger rewards.

The Don't screw it for the rest of us argument kind of died with lots of arguments

If something can be exploited it will.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 09:16:20 am »
I'd remove private mines entirely. They just get abused and the game is flooded with materials.

You could add a 25% chance of respawning ore/minerals being high quality in public mines.
Public mines that generate only high quality resouces should be linked to TC towns.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 10:17:59 am »
People, don't whine, please. I'd like to keep my implants too, but the wipe is really needed as it will bring a new wave of players for sure. Kilgore is doing good job preparing updates. Just have fun using your 2 million gathered items and prepare mentally to lose it all (better lose it in fight than by wipe)!

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 10:37:30 am »
I consider it as  a disorder of some sort. I am not a collector or a hoarder and I only need materials and caps to fund my war efforts, not to have zillions of them or to trade this for that. I can get (fight for) pretty much any stuff in the game except for the TC lockers by myself, which is exactly why I like Reloaded. I use a few slaves to mine stuff while I fight, and would hate it if several (from my point of view) koo-koos who like to have tons of everything for no reason but to have it - kill this for me and make me mine myself.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:51 am »
Until you stated you actually mean the millions part I thought you were a straw hypocrite Gnjisa.
My point still stands alt mining is profitable and so why not use it. I agree though people like Seki seem a bit over the top for me.

I'm actually always running on the end of the consumption vs supply end of things. I just happen to spend my resources on things mainly to kill things in PVE. ends up it costs a bit when you're inexperienced starting to get the hang of things though. That's not to say I don't horde goodies that I don't use often.

Part of the issue though is that you can't actually use some of the things you get from whatever. If there was a scrap/universal sale method in the game I'd get rid of my scrap. As of now though its impractical to do so. Got 2 Tons of unused Hunting rifles laying around? Spend 2 hours sciencing it or just leave the pile in a corner.

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 12:55:55 pm »
Hey what is this! You can't just delete my character Razor Ramon is a legend you have to copy him!or atleast make him NPC!  :'(

Strike

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 01:05:34 pm »
Skills & perks
- New support perks,
- Reserved skill will be changed to something useful,
- Sneak will be rebalanced and Stealth Boy reworked,
- New types of locks and explosives,
- New uses for Science and Repair,
- New minigames for Gambling skill,
- Perk changes in order to make some perks more interesting.

Awesome, "New uses for science and repair" is something to do with robots you talked while ago? (<- if not april fool)
And new skill, that is quite good to see.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 01:08:04 pm »
I know a lot of people dont understand that change.

Let me tell you why private mines are OP.

Since there are a lot of bonus you can get by crafting, it means hardcore players will have to craft a lot of guns,ca, helmets, etc. in order to get the best items possible. Now, it's really easy to do so by buying tons of mines and using alts slavers to drop 3-4 slaves there for a week and go back to doing other things. That means there are no effort (or very few) given into collecting the things necessary for those huge amount of craft pvp players need.

Now, that said, it's so easy to buy mines and collect 10k+ of everything without working and being after able to craft thousands of stuff that PVE becomes useless. Why go and farm CA or guns when you can craft special ones with few effort?

I personnaly have thousands of items, not because I have OCD trouble, but because I use only the very best of the best (advanced, unique, etc.) So regular stuff I rarely use. Why would I?

Also, you may not know, but crafting to up level is very easy. For example, last week I upped one of my newly made char to level 1 to level 79 in ~2 hours of crafting.

Makes it too easy!

Those are a few reasons. Now, casual players will always lose in term of beneficial, since IN ANY GAME, hardcore gamers will dictate the way the game is adjusting.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:56:39 pm by Barneys »

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 02:34:52 pm »
I know a lot of people dont understand that change.

Let me tell you why private mines are OP.

Since there are a lot of bonus you can get by crafting, it means hardcore players will have to craft a lot of guns,ca, helmets, etc. in order to get the best items possible. Now, it's really easy to do so by buying tons of mines and using alts slavers to drop 3-4 slaves there for a week and go back to doing other things. That means there are no effort (or very few) given into collecting the things necessary for those huge amount of craft pvp players need.

Now, that said, it's so easy to buy mines and collect 10k+ of everything without working and being after able to craft thousands of stuff that PVE becomes useless. Why go and farm CA or guns when you can craft special ones with few effort?

I personnaly have thousands of items, not because I have OCD trouble, but because I use only the very best of the best (advanced, unique, etc.) So regular stuff I rarely use. Why would I?

Also, you may not know, but crafting to up level is very easy. For example, last week I upped one of my newly made char to level 1 to level 79 in ~2 hours of crafting.

Makes it too easy!

Those are a few reasons. Now, casual players will always lose in term of beneficial, since IN ANY GAME, hardcore games will dictate the way the game is adjusting.

Yep, pretty much this.

I just hope Kilgore will make caravans similar to those in Fonline2. They were one of few things that I did like better than in Reloaded.
AND I hope tat farmed stuff (CAs etc.) will be less deteriorated than they are now (CA with ~50% deterioration is shit :/ )

So farming and PvE will become nice source of good stuff, next to crafting and PvP.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 03:11:31 pm »
Ok so few answers. First about reasoning, these are reasons for wipe (lemme repeat myself):
Reasons for doing that are:
- major changes in characters, maps and features,
- fixing the damage done by previous bugs and exploits or bad game mechanics.
Rest of things I mentioned are just effects, not actual reasons. I was never a big fan of wiping this game but this is just inevitable.

will be there something like pre-wipe madness ?
Probably yes, we'll see.

Wait, does this mean Brahmin meat and fibers as well?
Yep, all resources from bases.

Even now everything more expensive than Traper Camp is almost worthless. Without resources and maybe some other features more expensive bases will be totaly not worth an effort(ppl will buy/make it only to check it was not worth an effort like with Bunker now).
I don't think that base resources are truly the reason of bases having any value.
Anyway, the reason behind removal of resources from bases is decreasing "lochnessing" and increasing player activity in towns and other public locations. And when I wrote that there will be a lot of places in towns to get various resources, then I was extremely serious about that. There is nothing to worry about.

Hmmm, do you wanna implement Advanced Workbenches in expensive bases, or they will remain accessible only in TC towns and other locations ?
As I wrote many times in posts and private messages, Advanced Workbenches in private locations would make their existence totally pointless, as we could as well remove them and make everything craftable at regular Workbench.

Change to slave mining was obvious since months. The amount of resources gathered by slaves while player is afk is just ridiculous and if someone doesn't see that then he would be probably fine with lockers in bases spawning free rare stuff. It would be changed months ago but I didn't want to create a huge gap between those who had many private mines before the change and those who would start playing after the change.

I know that it's impossible to satisfy everyone but I strongly believe that the game will be much better after wipe.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 03:46:15 pm »
No to the sugestion of deleting private mines. Not everyone is looking to be constantly vulnerable to attacks when doing PVE. If you want to place some of the better ores at guarded places then sure. But if not, why not limit the private mines to one per faction if they are such a problem in game instead of just removing them.

That is, if you do not want a full PVP environment. If you do that is fine, but just tell us carebears so, so we can try a difrent server.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »
Rest of things I mentioned are just effects, not actual reasons. I was never a big fan of wiping this game but this is just inevitable.
Ok, it explain everything:)

Wait, does this mean Brahmin meat and fibers as well?
Yep, all resources from bases.
Also Homesteaders?

Even now everything more expensive than Traper Camp is almost worthless. Without resources and maybe some other features more expensive bases will be totaly not worth an effort(ppl will buy/make it only to check it was not worth an effort like with Bunker now).
I don't think that base resources are truly the reason of bases having any value.
I didn't talk about bases in general, they are usefull much better control of that who have access and who not than the Tents. I just don't get the point of buying the Outpost if i can not get there meat and fibers. Everything else is the same as in the Trapers Camp which is cheaper. Unless after WIPE they will have some other features, about which you don't want to talk now.

Anyway, the reason behind removal of resources from bases is decreasing "lochnessing" and increasing player activity in towns and other public locations. And when I wrote that there will be a lot of places in towns to get various resources, then I was extremely serious about that. There is nothing to worry about.
Yeah, that is a good reason. But I fear the result will be negligible unless it will be pain in the ass for crafters/traders.
And in my opinion grinding stuff somewhere with many other peoples is not the best social activity I can do. I preffer roleplaying/talking/trading/fighing. But going somewhere else from my garden is time consuming.
I know that it's impossible to satisfy everyone but I strongly believe that the game will be much better after wipe.
I hope so.

That is, if you do not want a full PVP environment. If you do that is fine, but just tell us carebears so, so we can try a difrent server.
Agree