April 28, 2024, 11:46:03 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: New Special Enounter  (Read 2862 times)

Styles

• View Profile
New Special Enounter
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:42:49 am »
Just came across the new special encounter. I am in an old military base. Not sure what I am supposed to do, all the doors inside the base are locked and it tells me I need a key, I found a yellow pass card but that doesn't do anything. I went into the reactor room and everything seems to be working.

Any help would be nice.

I lost the key I used to get into the place when I was killed.

Can the doors be locked picked?

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
Re: New Special Enounter
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:04:02 am »
you should have 3 pass keys(yellow,red,blue)
but other thing. did you found implant on first floor?

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:00:53 am »
you should have 3 pass keys(yellow,red,blue)
but other thing. did you found implant on first floor?

I only found the yellow pass key. Where are the red and blue ones? and no I can't access most of the doors.

cubik2k

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:57 pm »
You should enable reactor in lvl1, then elevator's doors to lvl2 will be active. All cards needed for opening the doors to Armory are in lvl2 (blue, red cards in different safes).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:03:41 pm by cubik2k »

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 08:39:49 pm »
You should enable reactor in lvl1, then elevator's doors to lvl2 will be active. All cards needed for opening the doors to Armory are in lvl2 (blue, red cards in different safes).

How do you enable the reactor? I go into the room and the computers tell me things are running fine. So.... that tells me the reactor is working.

I clicked on everything there is to click on and used repair and science on everything and got nothing.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »
You need to "talk" to the computers and for that you need high skill repair/science character.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 12:39:27 am »
The problem I was having was an unknown bug. I was helped out. ;D

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 10:12:24 am »
i also have a question for finding special encounters in general. is the time travelling on worlmap or the distance thas has been travelled important for finding special encounters. so if 2nd would be through it would mean i raise my chances for SE with driving by car instead of travelling by feet..?

cubik2k

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:53:37 pm »
The chance for any encounter depends on the speed of movement on worldmap. Driving by car you move faster, so you have smaller chance for encounters. Special encounter have additionally more conditions: LVAR_ variables, outdoorsman skill, player (leader) level, terrain type, time interval etc. and most major condition: lowered base chance.

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »
so high lvl and max outdoors are appreciated to find them "faster". thx for sharing these informations :)

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 09:08:04 pm »
Can we calculate propability of finding SE somehow?
I was traveling from one map corner to anorther for few days and didn't find anything. More i did not find any SE from two months i think. So an i just unlucky? or are some limits for lvl or something? is it depend on luck?

cubik2k

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 09:09:44 pm »
Not at all, higher lvl and/or outdoorsman skill is needed for find most special encounters. But it doesn't increase the chance. Chance for special is constant. Chance for general encounter depends on movement speed. If you have high outdoorsman, yu moving faster, so chance for spot encounter during traveling form A to B is slighty lowered.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »
So having explorer and fast traveling perk decreases chance to find SE? right?

Ok, did you change chances of find SE or they are the same as in fo2238?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 10:21:31 pm »
It sounds more like it's simply a matter of "time spent traveling on the map" rather than traveling speed although it's easy to mix the two. If you spend 1 hour on the map with Outdoorsman 175, you find the same number of encounters as a guy traveling for 1 hour with OD 24. Am i right? It's just a matter of time spent traveling, and a random roll per time for general encs, with a random roll per each general enc for SE. Think hard. Am i right?

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 10:30:53 pm »
Ok, you are right Henry, reading and thinking is too hard to me:)