May 01, 2024, 04:47:41 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: caravans  (Read 3467 times)

Илюха

• View Profile
caravans
« on: March 16, 2014, 08:39:49 am »
Good afternoon. I want to suggest a slight change in caravans . It would be nice if the NPC from the caravan did not start killing if they caught a random bullet Player ( ie, gap ) , or that it is better not beat players who deliberately fired at the caravan master. Not very convenient when your friend accidentally touching the leader of the caravan or guardian . He led the entire team in trouble ! So he would have to run , and people are becoming less likely to reach the endpoint.
From this change is unlikely that it will become worse. Specially caravan can spoil and so each if they wish, and to obtain weapons with caravans it's gotta be a noob .

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: caravans
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:31:31 am »
Agreed, caravan leader and guards start shooting you even if you didnt aim at them but you hit them with burst for 20 dmg and they want to kill you even though you killed 50000 npc and helped them survive many carvans. I think it might be good to add karma for caravans.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:35:23 am »
There is no way to check for sure if it was accident or not. Some people will join caravan just to burst all guards and then you will be even less happy. Karma won't help as it can be bypassed with alts. Not really much to do here, I'm afraid. You just need to be careful or use single shot weapons with no splash damage.

Илюха

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:37:54 am »
There is no way to check for sure if it was accident or not. Some people will join caravan just to burst all guards and then you will be even less happy. Karma won't help as it can be bypassed with alts. Not really much to do here, I'm afraid. You just need to be careful or use single shot weapons with no splash damage.

1) With the new resists in caravans are much harder to kill! And if someone decides to kill him then maybe the players will have time to react.
2) I will repeat. If someone decides to kill the caravan master, then it just happens! And the caravan master hardly have time to fight back. And if you change it, then there will be at least plus players who really want to walk on the caravans.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:07:48 am »
And give perk In Your Face! to caravan master

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »
You can repeat yourself all you want Илюха but Kilgore said no.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Илюха

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 06:26:30 pm »
You can repeat yourself all you want Илюха but Kilgore said no.

As far as I understood that said Kilgore, is that he thinks that people will specifically clinging in a caravan for that would kill him. But in Chom's the point? If I wanted to kill the leader of the caravan then I'll kill him now! Since the caravan leader nothing bad can do. And so, if we take such an update, the pros will be for players who want to seriously engaged with caravans. Cons remain the same, kill the caravan master will be all with the same success as it was before.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:31:56 pm by Илюха »

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 07:29:55 pm »
If a caravan is under attack its probably best to keep your distance

If I just got shot in the face I'd be pretty paranoid at everything around me, it'd even fit the scarred guard idea. As long as your reputation isn't harmed I don't see the real harm in keeping the system as it is.

A minor annoyance.

Just like the Open PVP of this game.
If you need help with anything feel free to PM me.

I'll help the best I can. Oh yeah I'm also a Wiki Editor.

NoDriLL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 06:08:52 am »
Its really really stupid, when all the caravan just tries to kill you after 1 shot that wasnt meant for them, or worst... when you loot a bodie that they whated to loot and then try again to kill you... JESUS
"War, war never changes..."

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 10:51:51 pm »
The only thing I could think of for this situation is:
Anything decided as an accidental hit - "Oops! you hit this guy instead of that guy" takes a damage drop for caravan members, so first, they get hurt for less damage (seems unrealistic but just hear me out) and second, they have a set hit point threshold, if the damage you do to any of the members exceeds that limit, they take you as hostile and let fly, say if you do more than 50hp of accidental damage, they flip their collective shit.

Not sure what it'd take to implement this, and I'm not saying this NEEDS to be put in, it's just a suggestion. Personally I just try to not hit them and be really sodding careful.