April 27, 2024, 03:42:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: What exactly is "Wipe"? What happnes?  (Read 10365 times)

Kaaon

Re: What exactly is "Wipe"? What happnes?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 08:25:46 am »
WIPE ?!?!?!
you want to wipe my OP base ? :(

duki

• Know Your Role!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 10:04:35 am »
nice collection Seki  8)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »
Finally a good reason for wipe.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Reginopl

• "Without us, humanity is sure to perish" <{|BoS|}>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 12:30:19 pm »
LoL , HOW  people have such amounts of epic items ? I am BoS memebr, 40 lvl and with 3 peoples party we cannot kill super mutants remnants patrol,but this(on picture) looks like cheats.TC Lockers are non justice thing for all players :s As 40 lvl i couldnt do anything to improve my character : d ,so how you got or where this stuff : d??? For normal players (without support/admin/etc friends) ,getting better after 24 lvl (and better gear) is impossible.(If you are not tank class [250hp+] ,you are nothing : d)
Even as crafter with mostly all recipes :s
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:32:59 pm by Reginopl »

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:50 pm »
you know the guy above has 10x your lvl ? ^^ and is probably playing 10 times longer than you. also he is in a strong faction.. and while looting permanent warehouse or new reno you can easily get that stuff. so nothing about cheats..he also bought much of those stuff from players so dont worry, all right there.

FireBoy

• Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 01:19:25 pm »
Sure. Reloaded need a wipe right now. :D

you know the guy above has 10x your lvl ? ^^ and is probably playing 10 times longer than you. also he is in a strong faction.. and while looting permanent warehouse or new reno you can easily get that stuff. so nothing about cheats..he also bought much of those stuff from players so dont worry, all right there.

Yes. im know this gays :)

seldanor

• Pour des traduction française de F spamer kilgore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 03:27:36 pm »
BBS are fucker by this wipe ;D

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »
Blame shitty chests in New Reno and Warehouse which spawn high tier shit that can be looted by any bluesuit...

If you think that we pwn UV noobs just because Seki has unlimited source of caps and PA's, then you are horribly wrong.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 01:38:03 am »
If you think that we pwn UV noobs just because Seki has unlimited source of caps and PA's, then you are horribly wrong.
No, it's the unlimited enhancements in the "auctions."
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 01:30:08 pm »
Blame shitty chests in New Reno and Warehouse which spawn high tier shit that can be looted by any bluesuit...

You gotta admit that full implants char vs no implant is not fair.

Reginopl

• "Without us, humanity is sure to perish" <{|BoS|}>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »
Sure right,strong faction at now is basic for "interesting gameplay".But i think that after wipe some things should change,i think that small playing groups(2,3)need some help in improving and AC,HP ,leveling should get  upgrade :s i faied with dodger and lifewire have 40lvl + and all 24lvl Big gunner (10 end 10 str) could kill me EASLY (250hp+ vs 189 hp) :s . In PvP HP is basic,and there is no way than being in strong faction for upgrading yours character PVP "abilities". You know even if i will get 100 lvl i couldnt improve char(repairs faults) after 24 lvl.Only way = implants - ungettable for me as BoS member and playing with (2-3) peoples party :d.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »
No reasone for wipe

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 03:16:09 pm »

You gotta admit that full implants char vs no implant is not fair.

UV has quite a few fully implanted chars. We have like 2-3 such chars... Who don't always play at the same time.
And yes I agree. Implants should be WAY less accessible. There should be no GM auctions for implants and implants should NOT spawn in NR/WH/TC lockers.
Implants should be available ONLY from really hard and long dungeons. This way you won't meet so many heavily implanted characters

That's why the server needs wipe:
Top tier stuff should be less common.

pusitega

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 09:56:16 pm »
Wipe is what you do after doing big WC

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 11:00:07 pm »
When blueprints were first introduced (late in 2238), they were very rare, hard to find. Very cool feature but over time their presence in the game evolved. Now, we can buy them. In fact, when i go locker hunting, i find blueprints at a rate that feels fair - i think it is well-balanced now with Reloaded's changes.

And when i hunt lockers, i very rarely find oil cans, less common than blueprints.

So i suggest looking at implants the other way around; consider this great new feature to be somewhat similar to blueprints, which evolved into an item that, while still rare, can be found at a fair rate over time with enough effort. Consider adding implants to random lockers to be found as rarely as oil cans.  In all this time of playing, i have only found 18 oil cans and that is after a TON of intense searching for blueprints. If i had found 18 implants by now, i would still not have enough of them; i would still be avidly hunting in need of more (for multiple characters), but at least i would have some and probably a few characters fully upgraded.

As it is now though, their rarity seems too intense. I have never once found one. I have only 2, and this is after gaining over 10 million combined experience points of play time: 1 was purchased via player trade, and 1 was given to me as a gift!

So as it goes with all new, cool features, time tells the tale of balance. This part of the story is a sad, slow struggle just to get enough implants for a single fighter. I suggest upping implant findability. Keep them non-purchasable, but add to random lockers, more rare than blueprints (like oil cans). This is how our current implant-unfairness can be softened a little bit. The big gangs will still have more (via TC) but any solo player can get there with enough time and effort. Otherwise, the chasm between newer/soloish players and the big gangs will remain too wide. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:02:12 pm by Henry »