March 29, 2024, 07:37:58 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: crying about turnbased  (Read 34536 times)

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
Re: crying about turnbased
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »
Interesting thing is that i didnt start this topic but my post is first and it says its my topic, what is this shit ?

99% "crying" topics come from you, so I wouldn't be suprised  ;D
Bang Bang Smash

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »
shut up jesse jane, enjoy fighting nuka rangers

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 05:51:43 pm »
i didnt start this topic so i am pissed my nickname is written there in the started by column which can only mean some forum moderator manipulated this topic by replacing the first post with my post
No, he probably separated offtop flaming about TB from another topic and put it in here. It was done few times already on these forums and no one raged about this... until now, lol.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2014, 11:17:37 pm »
Just i want to tell:
With 2brd+1mrd (7) with fast shot (5) //  With Advanced LSW (better dmg) // With 223 DR modifier -30
Against full resist 330 character, i do 15 dmg per shot

No need to answer

DikkeMemme

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 10:52:12 am »
I too believe that the RT, doesn't realy fit in the fallout 1 & 2 environment. I don't mind it in fallout tactics.

I'm a game developer myself, and from a gameplay perspective you either go RT or TB but not both at the same time, It's confusing. And due to the fact that it's a tribute to the original developers interplay & black isle I would keep it TB.

Also because it's actualy based on a lot of gameplay ellements from D&D, and you don't have RT in D&D for a reason.

If I had the time I would try to remake it more like the original one. I do love all the new places and cities they've created it's pritty insain.

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2020, 06:21:01 pm »
when you get used to RT, you don't wanna go back to TB anymore. Ever. TB is an incredible time waste, which you don't realize unless you try out RT properly.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2020, 11:23:09 pm »
I too believe that the RT, doesn't realy fit in the fallout 1 & 2 environment. I don't mind it in fallout tactics.

I'm a game developer myself, and from a gameplay perspective you either go RT or TB but not both at the same time, It's confusing. And due to the fact that it's a tribute to the original developers interplay & black isle I would keep it TB.

Also because it's actualy based on a lot of gameplay ellements from D&D, and you don't have RT in D&D for a reason.

If I had the time I would try to remake it more like the original one. I do love all the new places and cities they've created it's pritty insain.

I'm a game developer myself and from game design perspective both should be an option. If one of the modes is too exploitable that should be disabled for those locations, for example no TB in Town Control, or simply if there are more than 10 players on a flare trap, otherwise it's just wasting players time.

D&D is not a PC game as far as I know, but pen&paper/tabletop, where TB is a must due to technicality. Other D&D based games for PC are RT and worked well, for example BG1/2 where BG3 is TB and the TB part it sucks big time.  Pillars of Eternity keeps the RT design of original BG's and it's a very enjoyable CRPG game.

As for what TB and RT goes, I am working on a mix of them to make TB with lots of AI tolerable, where all AI in the same stack make their turn simultaneously, followed by player than either a stack of AI or player depending on sequence. Hopefully I get it done before my time on this project runs out because I like TB more as well. Then it's just a question if it's compatible with Reloaded and when/if they adapt it... so gl :)